HOLY FUCK

HOLY FUCK
>Pokémon game director Kazumasa Iwao confirms in a recent interview with TIME magazine that he wants Pokémon Switch to be a true return to form. He says that him and his team faced a major dilemma in the amount of Pokémon they wanted to include within the game and where it would take place. The team settled on a complete Kanto remake with all 151 Pokémon returning but with a completely new story and new map with certain landmarks returning.
Fuck bros, how do react to this?

Neat.

I want this to be real

source

[citation needed]

Nice fake news

No fuck off, Game Freaks needs to stop riding Kantos dick. I don't want to go back for the fourth time. They're milking Gen 1 so bad that I'm actually sick of Gen 1 because of them

user. If this was real, it'd already be all over the internet.

His ass

They should just Mlmake a new thing for that's actually for kids this time. It's time for the Pokemon fan based over 18 to let this shit go

Would be cool, but we all know that the other gens would just turn into DLC

Same honestly.
Thank God it's not real.

>more gen 1 pandering
fuck off already

Will never ever happen, classic Pokémon is gone now.

I won't like it, enough kanto for me.

Another "gen 5" will be better in my opinion.

>remake of kanto
>after that huge fanservice that was Sun Moon

Really? Who the fuck want a remake of the worst pokemon game, with only 151 pokemon in it?

No way dude. They can still make some really great worlds and it'd be a waste to just go DUDE KANTO. Kalos was really neat, and despite its flaws I really enjoyed Alola. All they need to do is make the game itself not a fucking slog.

>We are returning to our roots
Red flags thread?

Obviously fake.

And Iwao will not be the Switch director. He directed USUM, which was his first director role.

Switch will almost certainly be Ohmori or Masuda.

>hmm should we put a lot of effort into this?
>nah just use gen 1 lmao
fake and gay anyways

>Only 151 pokemon
What, did they realized that making more than 1000 full HD 3D models(counting alternate forms, megaevolution and other shits) will cost them too much to make?

I want my gen 4 remake and I want it now.

I would kill for another Gen 5 style 'reboot'

Do people really get excited at the idea of "the original Pokemon"?
It's like a mario fan freaking out about Goombas, they've been in EVERY GAME.

I'm tired of Kanto, so I wouldn't be very excited. We've already been there 4 times, we don't need another round when there's so much potential for new regions. I hope the idea of regional variants stays too, it's a great way to pad the dex out and bring older mons back into the spotlight.

>HD
>switch
lol

Isn't that what Sun and Moon was

user, the models in the 3DS versions are already high poly to the point they can't even use 3D anymore. They're already prepared for the Switch, and perhaps even the next gen or two.

This is fake

Yes. Even the portable mode is in HD user.
It's not an impressive feat anymore.

Wait, are you not aware of how ridiculously high res the 3DS models are? That's where the lag in battles comes from.

Then this does make even less sense, because they have already all the models of the pokemon in existence, so what's the excuse?

>Switch might be ohmori or masuda
It better be masuda so his mistakes can be fixed by the 3rd revision. If ohmori it'll be bad, but it doesn't matter because Pokémon always sells.

yeah nah
i could see a kanto remake but there's no way they're going back to just 151 mons

OP is shitposting user.
That's the excuse.

The Switch's portable mode is 720p and it goes 1080p when docked. Sure, it's not 4k, but it's still considered HD.

Black and White is that honestly all the 3ds games were designed around trying to make people way too old for the games feel like that matter

>ridiculously high res the 3DS models
...really? What are they, retards or what?
Do they really fucked up the waquality of the 3DS games on purpouse?

>Pokémon game director Kazumasa Iwao confirms in a recent interview with TIME magazine that he wants Pokémon Switch to be a true return to form
Bull shit, GF does as little work as possible. Stuff like HeartGold/SoulSilver was an outlier, anyone with faith in them after Ultra Sumo is insane.

Yeah yeah, they were real inspired by Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey. But they couldn't even replicate the worst parts of those games if they tried.

Regardless of whether this is true or not, Tsunekazu Ishihara had already confirmed he's going to make a core pokemon game for the switch it's safe to say Nintendo won already.

>upscaled to 720p
>HD
lol

user...

Pretty much this. If they're going to make a console Pokemon game that is drastically different from the ones we've gotten so far it makes sense to go back to Kanto from a marketing standpoint. They can sell it as a "look how far the franchise has come" sort of deal, but only having the 151 pokemon dex would be just dumb.

Terrible. Gen I sucked and we've had enough pandering to it. This would effectively kill Switch hype, too. You need something new, exciting, and creative if you want the new leap in power to really pop.

we don't need a FRLG remake lol

>Do they really fucked up the waquality of the 3DS games on purpouse?
Yes.
They're trying to future proof so they don't have to make that many again for a long time. It's the same reason the last 2 gens have had so few new Pokemon. It just so happens that ruined the quality of the last 2 gens.

Not that the buyers care.

>Sumo
go back

Yeah?
That's still HD user. I don't know what to tell you. It's pretty standard now.

what this series needs is good art direction

It was for future-proofing, because the models are good enough for the next few gens now. They just have to make models for the new gen's pokemon and don't have to redo 807 unique species, not to mention all those different forms like mega evolutions. After all, Game Freak did not make the 3DS feeble as shit.

>New story

SO LIKE THAT EPISODE OF S&M?

I think a lot of the lag comes from the special effects, at least that was my experience with SuMo, the fucking Totem auras shit all over my framerate on my OG 3ds.

>what this series needs is to go back to the toriyama style art direction they used to copy

FTFY

No. They just overeached.

Well those sure as fuck didn't help.

>MORE KANTO

Please stop. XY, ORAS, SunMoon and UltraSunMoon have shoved so much Kanto down my throat I'm sick of it.

Can you genwunners just fuck off? PLEASE?!

>being this mad

cry moar

Everyone ITT is retarded. It's the ultimate move strategically to maximize console sales. All of the normies from Pokémon Go will go "Dude, lol Charizard! I'm getting a Switch now." +20 mil sales.

i dont care about new pokemon but the balance is completely fucked (fairies, megas, z moves)

they need to completely gut and revamp the balance, but they dont care and it sells a billion copies no matter how shit each gen becomes.

Competitive Pokemon is the most soulless autistic thing.

I'm really glad that this is fake. Genwun pandering needs to die.

This is the one true thing that the franchise needs

Kalos is by far my favourite region, it's just stuck in a game with awful game balance and bland characters.

On the plus side, it was a fun Blue simulator.
>fuck your rival so hard they give up on their dream of being the best trainer

You mean the normies that played a free phone game for a couple of days? I can't see that many of them wanting to lay down 360 dollars on one game.

Meh. There are cooler mons outside of the initial 151.

>faeries
>bawwww I can't solo things with dragons anymore

Z Moves are fucking shit, I agree with that. Megas are great though, classic niggas like Pidgeot, Ampharos, Beedril and Gengar became even better than before.

I don't even fucking like Gen 4 but I'd take a gen 4 remake over Kanto again.

Fairies Z moves and megas are all great, fight me niglet

They should make a "greatest hits" game, picking the good designs from each generation

>balance is completely fucked (fairies, megas, z moves)
>Gen 1 Psychic types
>Weather Wars
>Genies and Tapus
>Dragons

The balance has always been fucked. People that whine about fairies are usually people who exploit overpowered shit and are butthurt that there is a counter to them now.

I hope it's more gen 1. I love gen 1 and love how triggered /vp/ gets by gen 1 pandering

I think you mean 157 because there is no way they wouldn't force Lucario and Greninja in there somehow.

GIMME DA SAUCE

Z moves are kind of useless desu

Fairies should be weak to dark, fuck this

Obvious fakeness aside:
I could see it happening, since it's obnoxious amounts of GenWun pandering. And 'eh, let's just remake something we've already done' is right up GF's alley with how fucking creatively bankrupt it is.

Why do you love second worst gen user?

I liked following Pokemon sprites in HGSS, why did they scrap that?

the pokemon cards that come out of this are gonna be so fuckin good

>making dark even better
Dark invalidating physic was the true mistake

>let's remake Gen 1, but add all the shit nobody likes about the newest games
Gee, I can't wait to get stopped at every city entrance to have a touching cutscene about your "friends" eating and then stopping Team Rocket from ruling the multiverse with the legendary on the box.

Nice source faglord

They already did evolutions and it sucked.

>more gen 1 wank
I'd rather not, thanks.

>kanto yet again
>with modern "the target audience is not interested in playing longer than the easy main story" gamefreak

That's different, basically base set 2 with extra cards that don't match the style.

>Z-moves
>useless
>making Pokemon viable and making others absolutely broken is useless
I see you've never been Z-Geomancied or experienced Porygon-Z's rise to viability.

why do you hate the gen that started it all?

This thread is pure cancer so let's do something good with it.

What's your favorite gen, Sup Forums? Mine is 6.

>new story
Yeah, because a "SAVE THE WORLD FROM MEWTWO BECAUSE HE'S GOING TO DESTROY US ALL" would be real good. This bait is a good reminder that the originals are still the best for being just about a trainer wanting to be the best in his region.

Offensive Z moves should be removed, they are tedious and don't add anything beyond a cheap 1-shot. Z-buffs are fucking great though, holy shit.

How does it feel to be a homosexual in 2017?

>this thread is pure cancer
>posts cancer
Dude, remember Kanto?

I don't "hate" it, but it's aged like milk.

If you want to go back to Kanto, go play Pokemon Roaming Red or Blue or something.

Can't decide between 3 and 6. 3 has five main games and two console games, all with inter-connectivity. You can play them for months. 6 are the best games when judged on their own.

/vp/ please leave

God you're stupid. You're so fucking stupid. Fuck you. I wish I could kill you with your own stupidity.

Anyway I like gen 5.

Because they have shoving it down our throat every year since 2013. People who actually play the new Pokemon games and aren't Genwun fags that pretend to be fans are sick of 5 years of Kantofagging.

G2 > G1 > G5 > G3 > G4 > G7 >>> G6

They cover for some Pokemon, like Bloom Doom Heatran.