What Sony franchise gets revived next after Medievil?

What Sony franchise gets revived next after Medievil?

Assuming Ape Escape.

Other urls found in this thread:

gamezone.com/news/fan-campaign-for-new-medievil-game-emerges-in-the-wake-of-crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy-s-success-3460624
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Was Spyro never on the table for this revival stuff?

Medievel and Ape Escape are only ones i want.

Activision has that license now. Skylanders started as a Spyro spinoff thing and has overshadowed him immensely since. Even Crash & Cortex coming to Skylanders when N. Sane Trilogy was announced wasn't so bad. Spyro's just kind of done now.

The Getaway. Sony posted the 2002 trailer on it's Europe channel yesterday for some reason

They have talked about wanting to do it
I assure you they will bring spyro back next year and announce its release date at e3
There was a vocal outcry from fans for Spyro
Actiblizz would be stupid not to

>Ape Escape remake
>Not on a PSP

This franchise was killed after PS2 and got abused on the PSP.

>Mfw the Jak trilogy gets a shitty port instead of a remaster.

Medievil's getting a remake?

>tfw used to watch the trailer for The Getaway 3 many times in Youtube
>tfw game never came

PSP was a mistake. So many franchises met their end or nearly met their end on that console.

It’s getting the N.Sane treatment after fans made a bunch of noise about it on social media a few months ago.

>We see a trailer for Medievil at E3
>Its the tone and artstyle from the PSP version

They used the PSP version as a base for PS All Stars as well.

Sony Cambridge, the original devs, are gone now too. Theyre the ones who set that artstyle in place no less.

Legit?

I mean I’d understand people looking at crash and start banging at the doors for spyro,Maybe ape escape because that’s how the memes goes.

but Medevil?

Yeah, people really wanted it back apparently. If you’ll look up the trailer you’ll see that it’s full of placeholder assets whipped up in five minutes to push something out the door.

gamezone.com/news/fan-campaign-for-new-medievil-game-emerges-in-the-wake-of-crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy-s-success-3460624

You mean how a lot of IPs were not destined to make it into the PS3 HD era due to insane budgets and instead got one last rodeo thanks to the PSP? Syphon Filter, proper Castlevania, Monster Hunter, Snowblind style ARPGs, and more that I can't think of.

Parappa, Ape Escape, Mega Man and Katamari all had relatively little success on the PSP.

Not to mention playing shit like BBS or MGS on a PSP which is not fun with a single analog stick.

Whether the game performed well or not in sales isn't really relevant to how much I like the PSP itself. If you want to blame the PSP sales for these IPs not making it to the PS3 then I could understand that. PSP controls were not ideal for a lot of these pre-PSP games but good thing you can substitute a Dualshock 3.

>revived
Let's calm down. Crash did really well and it's also just a remaster. It's not exactly like we're assured we're going to get not only new games, but something to look forward to. Maybe we'll get CTR, but are we actually in for more new Crash? Or are they just gonna keep going through the catalog of older games? We see companies like Capcom end up in this rut where all they can safely do is port or remaster their older games and can't actually keep these lesser series properly alive or progressing as new games. Selling off nostalgia is both safer and requires little in the way of actually reviving the franchise with ongoing development.

Who even owns Argonaut's tech and IP after they went under?

The government?

Jez san most likely

>sony
>having “”franchises”” worth reviving
>people posting one off games with only one sequel on the same system
Oh im laffin

>mfw now that Nintendo is doing well, Sony tries to hop into the nostalgia train
Not complaining, but damn, I expect a Switch ripoff if the Switch sells over 30 million next year.

>one off games with only one sequel
Then it's not a one off game