What fighting game has the highest skill ceiling?

What fighting game has the highest skill ceiling?

probably one of the guilty gear games
I think T7 has a pretty high skill ceiling

SFV because the most and strongest players play it. Everything else doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. You can only ever be as good as your opponents allow you to become.

probably something with good defense options.
anime. 3s smash (knockback influence)

SFV is the most casualized street fighter
the skill ceiling is incredibly low

go win evo then :^)

mvc2 or t5dr probably

>SFV because the most and strongest players play it. Everything else doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. You can only ever be as good as your opponents allow you to become.
is that why 18yo nobodies are dethroning people with decades of experience, only to get replaced by another 18yo nobody

Talking about Mena RD? ONE relatively unknown guy (who played like a fucking BEAST and is absolutely deserving of the capcom cup champion) in the entire top 32. If anything the CPT proved that skill translates from title to title and the guys with the thousands of hours of experience still win out in the end, who would have thought.

>old vets with thousands of hours loose to fucking nobodies
>old vets still win in the end

an 18yo spic smash player dethroned an 18yo ghetto kid with no teeth, by beating rashid mixup meme throwers

that competition!

fuck off

A game that you have never heard of and that nobody plays because raising the skill ceiling of a game creates something nobody enjoys.

fuck off sakurai, stop confusing skill floor and skill ceiling

For a game people played? MvC2, I guess. But real talk it's that fate stay game

>But real talk it's that fate stay game

UNIST?

Why don't you do fighting in real life?
That has an incredibly high skill ceiling. Higher than any game ever will be.

Naw, but uniest is an amazingly fun game that has the worst US launch date for a fighting game ever

Virtua Fighter V, easily, but the series is dead as shit so it doesn't matter.

Samurai Showdown: Warrior's Rage, Bushido Blade or Kengo

Fate unlimited codes

If you acknowledge the concept of a skill floor, then you have to consider every fighting game except Dive Kick a terrible game.

>Virtua Fighter V

5 is way lower skill than 4 though. Less movement mechanics, retarded fuzzy guard, OS out the ass instead of skillful movement with box step, and a stronger throw game. But hey, they added juggles for the tekken audience!

VF5 was the SFV of VF, only Sup Forums shitters say it's good. Every legit vf player hated it.

>and a stronger throw game
meant 4 had a stronger throw game and that fuzzy setups were way more braindead than the box step/movement based defense of 4 that actually was quite dynamic and skillful

What?

of the current ones? prob tekken. if you count all of them virtua fighter.

maybe smash. i havent played that tho and i think it might just be smashers overestimating their game.

The guy has been playing for thousands of hours too? Not that thousands is much of a benchmark, *I* have that much. Anyway the guy is the star in his dom. rep. clique. It's not like he's a "nobody", got to do your fair share of winning to make the capcom cup finals in the first place. Supposedly the only reason he hasn't been traveling more and getting exposure is because of the financial burden. He was a sleeper is all.

IF you could go unga bunga retarded like you make it out I think we would have seen way more nobodies. But literally Mena and the brazillian Sim player were the only people I have not known for ages out of the entire top32. That's a pretty fucking good track record. As if SFIV or any other game for that matter never had upsets

Ufc 2

If you consider high skill floor a negative, you wouldn't consider any fighting game good.

What are you even talking about...? Moke and Punk? Both players that have been on the map since before CPT2017, they're not nobodies. Also what do you mean "dethroned", that was loser bracket action. Nobody of these guys was ever "throned". I guess punk was the guy with the most seed points but nobody really cares about that.

It's like you don't want new people to enter the competitive scene ever and Sako and Daigo to still sit in the finals when they're 60. Screw you, picking these incidental occurences and painting it as the endemic of the competitive scene at large when that's not even how it is.

I don't though? I don't know where you're getting this from.
I consider low skill floor and high skill ceilings good.

Melee or some anime fighter

>It's like you don't want new people to enter the competitive scene ever and Sako and Daigo to still sit in the finals when they're 60.
rashid mixup memers like moke and oil king could never, ever, ever play a game that required actual IQ

DOA

MvC2 because of Magneto. MvC2 Dhalsim is theoretically the deepest character, but no one plays him.

Not him, but I'm vaguely interested to know what constitutes a fighting game requiring actual IQ

If you consider low skill floor good, then you can't consider any fighting game good.

It requiring execution, spacing, and punishing rather that getting in someone’s face and mashing mixups (a mixup is a situation that forces you to guess, if you guess wrong you get hit) which is all sfv is

>implying I don't

is that buzz from Pit Fighter?

more

>no toribash
yall faggots.
If you consider low skill floor good, then you can't consider any fighting game good.
You're retarded, skill floor in most games (aside from dorf fort) is; as one could imagine, fucking low, you basically just have to remember the most basic inputs and game instructions, that's the skill floor. The only one I could imagine not being able to do that for any fighting games is DSP.

DSP was good at ST though

Bullshit. I don't even get why you say that. Oilking and Moke will sit there and do nothing but poke with cr.hp the entire round? Gachikun's Rashid is mad crazy but I guess he's too well known and accomplished to talk smack about
:^) I'm pretty sure all of them kick as at any game.

>skill floor in most games (aside from dorf fort) is; as one could imagine, fucking low
Are you honestly saying that there is no significant gap between the basic knowledge required to play Quake 3 Arena vs Dota 2? The skill floor is "low" for both of them, so clearly there isn't that big of a difference, right?

Go back to /fgg/ and jerk off about how Sup Forums doesn’t play fighting games when you’re silver rank in the abomination that is sfv

You worthless waste of space

It’s Arbitary on what you to find that floor to be. The movement mechanics are pretty hard to learn for quake when starting out. Things like map control can take years

DSP used to be a smart guy until you drank all his brain cells away, got fat, and became a vegetable from laying around too much. Intelligence isn't a constant.

He's also irrelevant to SF and the FGC and has been for a long time

Yeah because he's a lazy retard

>watches one tournement
>can't see the talent being displayed
shut the fuck up

what RPG has the highest Risk Mitigation skill ceilling?

Since I couldn't learn good combos in so many years I must say KoF. The game is too fast for me. I can play almost every other fighting game out there at a decent level. Right now I'm playing:
SFV - alex/juri
Injustice - all dlc (still can't find a main)
BlazeBlue - Jin
Infinite - Jedah/Dante, trying out Venom and Sigma
Tekken - learning the basics with Gigas

I also bought KoFXIV but only know how to use King

>Tfw silver rank Alex
I'm never going to git gud :(

Melee

sf4
mvc2

Divekick

SF5 because the game fucking sucks and the more you play it, the harder it is to stave off the urge to kill yourself or do something better

Unironically this
High level melee is so amazing even people who don't watch the game competitively can appreciate it. I've shown Axe's four stock on Silent Wolf to people who never even played Smash Bros and they thought it was fucking glorious.

mvc2, virtua fighter 5 FS

You are the only one to have noticed it seems kek. Part of the reason I made this thread was as a test to see how dumb the mods are. They deleted my first gladiator thread a couple days ago even though it was completely within the rules of the board. I wanted to see if those fags wouldn't recognize Pit Fighter is a game and remove my thread.

Yes that is Buzz.

Tekken