Thoughts on The Division?

Thoughts on The Division?

bump

a game that could have been good, just like every other ubisoft game

Should've been stalker: new york, not a shitty borderlands clone without anything decent from borderlands. Main menu music is nice to listen to though.

ubisoft shovelware

Why is it Tom Clancy?
Why does a game with a realistic aesthetic have bullet-sponge enemies?
Why is this game even a Loot n' Shoot given the premise?
Why is this game impossible to play properly without other people, especially the endgame stuff?
What even is the endgame of this game?

This, boring dialogue, quests and Borderlands style enemies ruined decent gameplay and the games world.

another failed game that ubisoft has abandoned. please preorder the division 2 when ubisoft eventually does what it does and recycles the exact same game and slaps on a new coat of paint

This.
I heard it got a bigish update, anyone check it out?

Downloaded the trial during the free weekend, was glad that I didn't buy. If the enemies I fight right off at level 5 take literal hundreds of bullets to kill, I can't even imagine how spongy the late-game bosses are. Not even worth the $15.

>ubisoft has abandoned.
Im not sure if this is marketing bait or not but ill bite and say that ubi updates all their games.

But The Division gets regular updates you retard.

I enjoyed the leveling experience but it suffered from the same problems as Destiny with a lack of end game. The story just cuts off and was an obvious "CONTINUED IN THE DLC BUY THE SEASON PASS!" deal. There were also a lot of balance issues and the bullet sponge enemies were just obnoxious, PC was actually worse in that aspect because they buffed enemy armor to accommodate mouse aiming. Hacking was also rampant in the dark zone until Ubisoft finally implemented anti-cheat. Overall the end game just devolved into farming the dark zone or the same missions over and over.

Probably my biggest disappointment was how everything was just instanced in the city. They made it seem like it would be an MMO with people running around the city but you never saw players outside of safe houses, if your in a group, or the dark zone.

I've heard they improved quite a lot with the updates but I haven't gotten around to giving it a try again.

>another failed game that ubisoft has abandoned.
The game has been receiving regular updates since launch and just received a big one last week, it's far from abandoned. Ironically they actually had delayed one of the DLCs to do a huge rebalance patch awhile ago.

This game is really bad at it, but whats with so many games lately where the NPCs always insult you or talk down or sarcastically towards you? So many of the story characters and NPC vendors are so cunty.

I enjoyed playing it for like 5 or 6 months since launch but the bullet sponge and aimbotting/clipping in the dark zone got boring. One of the 2 buddies I played with tried to convince me to get some dlc and I said no because I knew they'd never add anything worth while or fix their shit

>Play this game for 300 hours
>Bought Season Pass
>Only played a bit of 2 of the 3 expansions, never touched the PvP expansion
>Also barely touched the Dark Zone
>Mostly did PvE by myself
>Didn't do some of the raids because i didn't like to play with people
>With each update, the game because "easier" to solo by yourself
>Then they butchered stamina and heals

I used to play the Tanky character with specs on Electronics so i always had decent heals and survaibility, but then they decided to fuck it all and make it more of a shooter.
1.8 Update was 8gb, tried login in but the sheer amount of new content turned me off, didn't know where to go or how good my gear was or what's decent now.
And i got a job where i can barely play videogames so im fucked.

There's an influx of new players. Now there are more curious explorers in the PvP darkzone instead of tryhard rogue trolls. I guess the PvP toggle really changes a lot of things.

What's the pvp toggle do? Can you just pve in the dark zone?

Would be a million times better as an actual tactical/survivor shooter instead of some faggy loot based wannabe MMO garbage.

The game is very diablo-ish, less CoD-ish. You can't expect an easy fight without equipments that equals the enemies level.

This.
>>Why is this game impossible to play properly without other people, especially the endgame stuff?

I quit when squads of four in PvP would just climb a building and pick people off, while there was no way to take them out. They constantly revive each other and soon enough NPC's would also come along and fuck your shit up.

It's a pretty game just not well thought through.

>buy game
>play game with a group
>setting is interesting
>story has some cool things like the construction workers who want to fix shit by burning it all out
>all characters who narrate your progression are unlikable
>bullet sponge enemies are not fun
>3/4th of the group drop it within two weeks
>its never mentioned again
I even forgot it was a game because the only thing that sticks out is that really anoying girl from the medical lab

Its still PvP, but you'll need to press a slow activating toggle to turn off friendly fire and became a flashing red hostile dot in the everyone radar.

Before the update, you can just sneak up to someone and blast their head off without any warning.

so they made the rogue system for babies? sounds awful

Yeah but it still better than last time where you could just shoot at players and attempt to get them to shoot back "first". Shit was broken

It's a shame they don't make the game forces more on the division versus the cleaners because they had a cool visual style and made compelling enemies. the rest are just boring military dudes or literally just black people .

Should've been Stalker New York

Fucking thing. The whole set up going into the danger zone trying to smuggle valuables out.

A modern version of stalker with persistent light shared word multiplayer elements would've been the bomb.

Better than what destiny could ever dream to be, but still not that great. I still enjoy it and appreciate the devs constantly updating it. Huge new update just came out a few days ago too.

>Such amazing setting got wasted
I really hope someone else will make a good game in a similar setting

thats why they made ghost recon

Don't tell me you consider Wildlands or Siege tactical in any way

here we go

Wildlands was pretty cool. Repetetive as hell tho.
Come to think of it, thats every ubisoft game.
I completed wildlands on a weekend trial in 100%.
Kinda makes you think.

You're thinking of Military Sim. Tactical just mean that requires tactics in which case Mario Kingdom battles counts.

Wildlands is a good game for messing around online with friends. It's basically GTA online with some questionable moral justification of taken down the drug trade. Driving physics are shit though

Siege is fun. Although it's basically an counterterrorist themed hero shooter

Especially the new Polish operators. Literally Fanfiction OCs