Holy fucking shit that DLC dungeon

Holy fucking shit that DLC dungeon
>great puzzles, had me stuck for a few on them moreso than the other divine beasts
>has the best fucking boss fight in the entire game and maybe one of the best in the whole series if im gonna be honest
>that fucking music
Say what you will about this DLC pack honestly found it to be heavily misadvertised as some new campaign when its just a glorified scavenger hunt for better designed shrines than what's found in the main game, but the final dungeon and its boss was a blast.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1rPxiXXxftE
youtube.com/watch?v=3BmBmOAHLd8
youtube.com/watch?v=9G6088FtGsI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

> honestly found it to be heavily misadvertised

They did that with the main game as well. Fooled me on the main game, saw it coming with the DLC. Fun game... but damn, I want to play the game I saw in the trailer.

I liked the glass cannon tuning fork section but then again I like every part of the game where they take all your gear and you have to scavenge like at Eventide Isle
They should do something like MGS VR Missions for it

That's pretty much what the Trials of the Sword are

Also
>that boss intro
>mfw

youtube.com/watch?v=1rPxiXXxftE >falling for the other trailer because of the music and quick cuts

What was the 'intended' way to fight the clones phase? I used up 5 melee weapons on that section alone and felt my brain get overloaded at one point

warning, this breaks the fight
drop a banana in the arena, the clones will come to a screeching halt and the real one will move over to the banana to eat, giving you a shitload of free hits

The Camera rune will only identify the real one, the clones won't be labeled.

Sheikah also like bananas? Deep lore...

Oh, clever. Wait, is there an entry for monks in the compendium?

There are 3 new entries I think
Molduga King
Igneo Titan
Maz Koshia

I just used urbosa's fury to pop all clones in one go.
Can you refight him?

The Yiga Clan were members of the Sheikah before the went rouge. Apparently they only eat them because the bananas give strength boosts.

Really what a great dungeon. Every puzzle linked to the overall dungeon mechanic and using every move you got. And after all the game i still had a hard time on him

>*crack*
>fist clench

jesus christ this game is ugly as sin

>And after all the game i still had a hard time on him
I mean, it's a cool fight, but not hard at all if you've fought a single yiga footsoldier.

Pretty much agree. They nailed the final dungeon. Too bad the cutscenes in the past were a bit on the short side, but Urbosa fighting was pretty cool still, and Daruk was cute.

I disagree, Maz Koshia throws every trick at you:
>does the woosh woosh thing thunderblight ganon does in his first phase
>all of his clones can attack independently or coordinate their attacks
>can even do what Master Mode Guardian's do and delay their lasers in the last phase
>plenty of variation in his attacks
He was a pretty challenging boss, more so than the other boss fights in the game with the exception of Thunderblight maybe. It's almost a necessity to use Urbosa's thunder attack and Daruk's Protection to beat him, but its also feasible without them.

The cutscenes made me want to play as the Champions
DLC 3 when?

>lasers in the last phase
Full barbarian, 72atk savage lynel club, spin2win, never got to see anything other than the kohga balls.
Can I refight him?

>fire shrines
>wear flamebreaker armour
>walk through it all

$20 well spent

just go back to the shrine of resurrection and yeah you can fight him

How do I pirate it for CEMU?

Download Cemu
Download Game
Open game in Cemu

Pretty much my thoughts exactly, the boss fight especially had me smiling all the way trough. Ist just a shame that you had to force your way trough 16 mandatory shrines before you get to the good part

The shrines were good tho, the problem is that there is no exploration involved in finding them and the whole DLC feels like a checklist of shrines

to be fair, the DLC shrines are probably the most consistent batch of shrines in the game, they had good puzzle variety and felt way more fleshed out than the other shrines in the game. The problem is that they're aesthetically identical to every other shrine in the base game, would it kill to change the color palette even subtly?

Saw a couple people mentioning you could revisit the Shrine of Resurrection and fight him.

they were good but when you have already gone trough 120 shrines id much rather not be railroaded trough a dozen more to get to the content i most want to play. I think that leaving the shrines and the ganon re-fights optional would have been the way to go

Honestly they could have cut some of those shrines and put the same puzzles together with the divine beast and create a big ass dungeon with ten terminals

You can still only get 18 hearts if you max stamina.

Do you think there will be more DLC?

People make fun but I honestly think the Mater Cycle is a great addition. It makes wandering around aimlessly looking for Korok Seeds actually kinda fun rather than a chore.

Hopefully not, I'd rather that they focus their efforts in making a new game that improves upon BOTW like what MM did for OoT.

well its just too bad that you get it after you have already done most of the exploration

There were hours upon hours of real gameplay footage since the 2016 E3... how the fuck was it misadvertised?

What the fuck is with this BotW meme of "it was fun for 50 hours but then I realized it retroactively sucked"

No game stays fresh and not-boring forever, 50 hours is a damn good investment.

the trailers heavily implied you were going on a quest to find and reqruit the champions to then take on ganon, at leas that was what i took away from it

by the time the actual game takes place everything interesting in the story has already taken place a hundered years ago and feels dissconected with the game.

>watching comprehension

>in the name of goddess hylia...
>finger twitch and old monk gets up

The only bad part about the Monk part is that he is actually way easier after he grows giant.

An enemy that was actually faster than link and couldn't be stunlocked by a claymore spin attack was a nice change of pace

>Igneo Titan

you mean fire talus?
there was one on death mountain already

the new fire talus is specifically called titan and is quite gargantuan.

>now you're ready to fight Ganon

>ganon is a shit boss and dies in 5 min
what did the monk mean by this?

BotW really needed an extra harder Ganon fight for when you have 100% or near 100%

I don’t know about you but I really liked his first phase as Calamity Ganon. He was pretty challenging with his spider form, too bad the second phase is goddawful.
Could’ve used a better phase or at least a third one.

even moreso than the shit fight I hated that it doesn't have a human (gerudo) form this time so he doesn't even speak

So, what I don't get is
Why didn't those 120+ monks just square up against Ganon instead?
I think there's like 140-ish monks in total, and I bet it's safe to say they all have the same powerset too.
Ganon wouldn't have stood a chance against ~1200 monks is what I'm saying.

>He was pretty challenging with his spider form

maybe if you're 12 or rush to him off the plateau

I was in fully maxed barbarian set and using 70+ damage weapons, he was gone off the face of earth in a couple minutes.

disappointing really

This trailer and the E316 demo on the plateau was all i needed to know the game was gonna be a blast.

I got what they were going for instantly.

>They finally give you the ability to warp your horse to your position
>But then also hand you a fucking motorbike you can spawn at any time
This shit was poorly thought out

Man, I remember trailer season
I was honestly hoping for a female/pick your gender Link.

>he cheeses bosses in his first try and pretends their easy because he went the easy route
Fag. At least cheese him in the rematch.

>cheese

I went in blind and thought (hoped) he was a hell of a fight, 100 years in the making and all

also
>finding and upgrading a barbarian set to 4 stars is a cake
you need to find and solve the 3 mazes
you need to find and pay the 4 fairies
you need to fight around 20 lynels (thanks RNG on hooves)
you need all 3 dragon horns
etc.

Not him but you did your homework on all that stuff and the result is... you're now able to cheese ganon. I have this roomate doing the exact same because his objective is to kick ganon in the balls by the time he fights him. He's fully aware of what he's doing.

zelda dlc?

youtube.com/watch?v=3BmBmOAHLd8
They've added a shitload of new Champions characterization but most people would probably never see it

What’s the point? Literally nothing about Link screams ‘male’ anyway, he’s always been neutral enough that it doesn’t really matter what his actual gender is, unless all you want is Link with tits. It changes nothing one way or the other.

I think Link is very much a male. Big eyes and eyelashes aside. But it is absurd to change that for the sake of immersion.

Samus is a woman and never had a problem empathising with her. Even when she's not wearing her varia suit.

I'll be completely honest with out.
All I want is Link with tits. I like cute girls.

>with out
You. Honest with you.

Neat. Any more hidden stuff like this in the DLC? Anything that's not immediately discoverable by following main and side quest markers?

While this is absolutely true, realizing what's actually going on was one of my favorite moments in the game
Maybe I'm just particularly dense but once I got to the vah ruta fight section to get into the dungeon the tragic music had an overwhelming effect on me
especially since it was at that same moment I realized I'm moving towards a grave.

youtube.com/watch?v=9G6088FtGsI

I don't think I've felt tragedy in a Zelda game pulled off this well since Majora.

get in the bike
equip spear
hold attack button

They don't have the master sword and/ir tbe silver arrows.

I liked the DLC, but for the most part it felt very predictable and just added more of the same. I didn't really want new shrines since I had already done 120 of those. I wanted a new big dungeon in the same style as Hyrule Castle. Also, it's kinda lame that Cass just treats you like a stranger even if you've already befriended him by doing all his quests in the main story. Disappointing lack of attention to detail there.

Have you seen champions diaries?

Yeah, it's a shame. Seeing Kass fulfill his duty and reunite with his family was very satisfying. More satisfying than the actual game ending even

I'm honestly bummed there isn't a new, harder version of the fight with Ganon for those of us who've finished the DLC (and the shrines in the base game). When I finally went to fight him before the DLC dropped, I was expecting an intense fight where I would actually need all the power I had accumulated on my journey. What I got was a boss that I could easily have slapped the shit out of before I even did my first divine beast.

Pretty sure there's supposed to be one more DLC.