What is Sup Forums's opinion on The Neverhood?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/334120/Armikrog/
youtube.com/watch?v=qeIr5l15DC8
youtube.com/watch?v=Xo6WBR_cFXQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Al0XOLM9FPw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Most people here are too young to have played it when it was new
Most people here thought halo was good
You do the math

Answer the OP and save your sarcastic comment for later, buddeh.

it has an untouchable soundtrack

This.

He isn't being sarcastic. Snide, perhaps?

This
Terry S Taylor is a fucking god

It's unique that's for sure.

A shame Armikrog wasn't a success.

I touched it. In inappropriate places. I was jailed for a while because of where & how I touched it.

my nigger

t.Garrison Keillor

A pretty barebones adventure game experience with it's main draw being the claymation. Skullmonkeys was the better overall game.

They're pretty forgettable, gameplay wise
The look is clay, which is different and good
The soundtrack is goat

Play skullmonkeys as well. It's a sequel on the PS1

Probably a better term to use, yea.

(Good to know this thread is going better than I thought...)

Got a great loose anime adaption as well.

I'm assuming it's tonally similar, but totally unrelated?

I'm sorry, I've had a rough day apparently
It's great, skullmonkeys has been in my backlog for a long time

>The game and its designs later became the inspiration for sci-fi romance anime television show Kaiba.

music - 10/10
graphics - 10/10
gameplay - 6/10

I like the art. I REALLY like the music, that still holds up. Gameplay and puzzles were very underwhelming.

Haven't played Skullmonkeys.

One of the best adventure games of all time.

>A shame Armikrog wasn't good.
Fixed.

Style over substance. The music and claymation graphics are great but it's just a boring point and click adventure.

whoa

Yeah, I'll watch it. Is it good? I'm not sure what to expect. I got into this shit in the PS1 days.

Fantastic art, animation and soundtrack but some of the worst gameplay in an adventure ever.
Seriously, more than half of it is nothing but padding, be it the Hall of Records that you HAVE to walk through twice (with a window at the end that you should be able to jump out but can't, just to mock you), the wallcart rides, the one-way transitions which result in you redoing certain parts of puzzles like the radio or bridge to revisit those areas and much more.

it's great

Fuck that long ass hall

shame armikrog didnt have any of the charm of the neverhood
or any of it’s qualities for that matter

At release it didn't even have the basic adventure game necessities like hot-spot indication or character reaction to things that don't work.

xD epic

Doug Ten nipples is a hack.

It's generally good form to not touch shit.

Skull monkeys and neverhood are amazing.
Sony remastering medi evil maybe means they will do the same for other amazing games that never got the sales they deserved.

I played it when it was new and I was young. I'm 25

Neverheard.

Wow one whole person I guess that means most people here are aren't underaged after all

I bet you fags didn't even read the records.

It still doesn't have those things.

How do you spell Hoborg?

Hoborg

Why did the sequel not do as well? Haven't played it.

store.steampowered.com/app/334120/Armikrog/

oh my god this game was on my primary school computers at school, what a fucking game this was

>no source at all

It was a bad game. Barely any claymation cutscenes, it was mostly just cartoon drawings. The whole soundtrack just plays on a loop with long stretches of silence between each track instead of being set to each area. Clickboxes for interactions were incredibly finnicky, and the game just used the Windows cursor instead of having a context-sensitive one. It was also buggy in general. Puzzles were poor and progression was nonsense, with things you activate arbitrarily allowing you to interact with other things for no reason, like not being allowed to press a random button until you watch a cutscene with no relation to the button first.

Let me share a little anecdote that should tell you all about just how fucked that game is:
There's a "puzzle" very early on where you have to talk to an elevator squid with your blind dog sidekick.
Thing is, there's nothing that implies that you can or have to do that and even IF you try clicking on it the first time you see that thing it doesn't work since for some reason you first need to walk that dog through a tunnel and THEN you can talk to that squid.
And what you get isn't even a conversation but a random animated cutscene that has no real relation to anything you just did.
But here's the amazing part: one guy on Sup Forums actually did find all that out by accident because he misheard the poorly mixed titlesong and thought that "sidekick" was supposed to be "psychic" when it sung about that dog.

I've summed up my thoughts in this short video:

youtube.com/watch?v=qeIr5l15DC8

The first video game I ever played, goddamn
Havent played it since it came out

Armikrog feels more like a prototype than a game. I also believe it could have gotten more money to produce more content if butthurt SJWs weren't trying to blacklist the creator.

Neverhood will never get a rerelease because it's not easily recreated cg graphics. So unless neverhood was shot using higher quality images that had to be compressed for pcs at the time and those images still exist somewhere, we'll never get anything higher quaility than what we already have

So I know armikrog was bad, but was the soundtrack any good? I know they brought Terry S Taylor back for it

The soundtrack is the best part of the whole game, I only dislike a couple tracks.

Isn't it abandonware?

i love it
shame how rare and pricey the big box version is. jewel case is good enough i guess

That too

It's only alright, to be honest.
Don't expect the same level of craziness that the Neverhood games soundtracks had and some like the lullaby one will probably even piss you off, especially when you also played the game.

It freaked me out as a kid. That pitch black sky, the howling wind, the fact that you are completely alone with some grotesque monsters...

its definitely one of those nostalgia things, but it was fun and did some different things then games had done at the time. its still just mostly unique over good. i still have my disc of it somewhere, id love a jewel case of it, but last time i checked it was like 200 buckeryboos?

I loved it so much, but I only ever got to play it at a friends house, and that house wasn't somewhere you'd want to be. Mixed feelings. There was human shit on the living room floor there more than once

I'm lucky enough to have an original copy, sans box sadly, but an original copy all the same. The thing that really makes it important to me, besides being the absolute most fascinating game I played as a kid was how it got me and my grandpa to spend time together, and he even burnt me off a copy of it as soon as he got a disc drive that could burn discs. I ended up "inheriting" the game from him when he passed away a few years back, it's one of my most prized possessions. Knowing even the disc is worth like fifty bucks is just gravy.
Pardon the cat, it's the only photo I've got of my copy on hand,

ive neverhood about it

Sluts these days, can't even take a picture of a classic without flashing your pussy.

Pure Kino

youtube.com/watch?v=Xo6WBR_cFXQ

You got me.

TRIANGLE
SQUARE

I rented Skullmonkies from a Blockbuster way back when first, and after loving the limited weekend time I had with it I lost track of it for a good decade. Then I managed to happen onto it on the internet and learned about its prequel, so I gave it a whirl.

I wasn't usually a fan of Mystlikes but it really captured me with its charm and claymation style, the story was nice too and gave me substantially more context for Skullmonkies'.

Fuck if Skullmonkies isn't the hardest bullshit though, I still can't beat it to this day.

youtube.com/watch?v=Al0XOLM9FPw

It alright

why do people like this

it looked amazing at the time, 1996, not to mention it probably ran well on toasters, it being mostly fmv and nothing really 3d