Supposed to be the MC

>supposed to be the MC
>outclassed by another character (Celes) in almost every way
>has arguably the worst special ability in the game
Why is this allowed?

>transform
>double Celes's damage output and healing

Celes a shit

FFVI is an ensemble cast there is no MC.

>>supposed to be the MC

FF6 has no main MC.
It's an ensemble cast.

>Trance literally doubles you damage output
>Useless

Ok, sure.

>outclassed by another character (Celes)
Eh? Celes is red mage tier - jack of all trades, but master of none. Tifa is the best magic nuker the game offers.

>needing to do more damage
>when Ultima exists

It's a flawed concept. The only FF with an actual successful ensemble cast is Before Crisis. Terra is the protagonist by virtue of the story focus.

Why use Ultima when you can use Ultima weapon and OHKO Kefka with Locke?

Celes is shit compared to Terra

>supposed to be the MC
Just because she was picked for Dissidia to avoid it having be a sausage fest doesn't mean she's the MC

TAKE THAT BACK SHES PURE!

I liked the brave new world rebalance ideas but they fucked the script for no reason.

The magic users are now the only ones that can use magic, celes, terra, tell, strago. Fix the evade bug, fix cyans bugs

Some other shit too to make the techniques relevant longer I think? Couldn't finish it though. Maybe in couple more years Ican stand it again Iwill do bnw.

>outclassed by another character (Celes) in almost every way
Celes gets one good scene, which is technically optional. If you save Cid, you see just how completely bland and unremarkable a character she is. The whole 'general of the Empire' shtick is barely expanded upon, and she doesn't act like one at all. She turns into a generic damsel whenever Locke is involved. You could remove Celes from the story, and impact very little.

Terra has a huge connection to the overall backstory and ongoing story in the game, has a genuine character arc with payoff, and is one of the most powerful characters in the game gameplay-wise too.

>It's an ensemble cast.
I keep hearing this, and I don't understand why.
The vast majority of the VI cast are secondary at best. A lot of them get 1-2 scenes to establish their character, then they either don't change, or they do but it's all in sidequests and shit. Terra gets the main story/character focus way more than anyone else; then after that it's Celes, then everyone else is either tied second or a very distant third.

It's like saying that every FF has 'an ensemble cast' because they all do stuff throughout. They do, but there's clearly a character or two that the story revolves around way more than the others. FFVI wouldn't work without Terra. Celes is next, since it seems nobody would've grouped together without her. Then everyone else has vague connections to the story, but are mostly doing it for themselves. Which is no different to most other stories.

Man, I never noticed how weird FF6 characters looks when they aren't chibi ass sprites.

>has arguably the worst special ability in the game

Cyan exists.

You should get a job at kotaku because you're a retarded piece of shit

*Psychos you*
*Cyan's theme starts playing*
Thou.

This
Terra might be the face, but she is just as much the MC as Locke, Celes, Edgar etc.

Because FF6 is boring and terrible.

Hi 2002 birthdate

My favourite FF is 1. Try again.

You're an idiot

inb4 "well you can finish the game without Terra!"

You can finish Chrono Trigger without Crono, you gonna tell me he's not the mc?

That's weird, people who were alive then actually just say "Final Fantasy" because the game is called "Final Fantasy" not "Final Fantasy 1"

t i never played ff2