What kind of controller do you use on PC, Sup Forums?

What kind of controller do you use on PC, Sup Forums?

Wired 360. Gonna get an Xbone controller soon, I've had enough of non-replaceable wires.

Wireless 360s (scored on a NIB red box one that came with the dongle). All i use it for is driving games because i havent gotten a cheap wheel yet.

steam controller for long games, xbone controller for short games

steam controller is better comfort, but takes a long time to set up on a per game basis to get it to feel right
xbone is what developers design their ports around so it just werks

Original ps1 dual shock and then dpad only psx for fighters.

No other controllers exist to me unless it's the wii mote for dolphin games or the wii itself

I've used a wired 360 pad for a long time, but after buying a PS4 earlier this year, i've been using that too
As much as I prefer asymmetrical sticks, the DS4 has a much better Dpad than the shield on the 360
I've also got a Buffalo snes controller for emulator older games too

>everyday the same question is asked
>everyday the answer remains the same
Sup Forums never changes

Dualshock 4 because I'm not a casual PCfat and play actual video games on my PlayStations

Xbone, I used to use a DS4 and before that one of those rock candy 360 controllers.

The triggers on the bone controller absloutely shit all over the DS4, and the ds4 feels cheap as fuck in comparison. `

Xbone elite. I can't go back to the 360s rough feeling analog sticks now, and the back buttons are heaven for any game that expects you to move the camera while pressing a face button.

50% xbone
30% dualshock4
20% steam controller

Veritcal mouse, remind extra buttons
Ergonomic keyboard with numerical pad (separate), rebind numerical pad
steel battalion controller on the desk, with a foot pedal switch bound to software switch to swap at any time

the fucking GOAT. so(n)yboys will tell you otherwise but they're just mad their controller glows instead of functions.

Oh man I have one of those gravis controllers, other than that hole in the middle of the D-pad it's a pretty nice little controller.

xbone for current games, pic related for emulating and some fighting when too lazy to set up stick

why would anyone want to press a bumper as a face button

I'm a sonyboy but I agree that the 360 controller is vastly superior.

Dualshock4 (let a friend keep my wired 360 controller)
HORI RAP4kai for fightan

6 button fighting games
emulation purposes

>playing on PC
No thanks I'm not a retard.

yes I had a mega drive as a kid

so you're emulating? gross
I bet you use an lcd too

logitech F510 its heavy and wired

PS4 controller since it's the best, other than the gamecube controller maybe.

Cheap shit but works.

The thumbsticks are shit and the triggers are too strong for driving games.

I bought a dongle to use my old ps2 controllers for my ps3 and it turns out that it worked for pc. still works.

X360, Xbox one s, PS4, switch pro controller, joy cons.

Wired Xbone controller.

Because it's a great controller. The 360 controller was the defacto standard on PC for years and the Xbone controller superseded it.

Xbone S is maximum comfy

upgraded from a wired 360 to a wireless xbone controller, I got pic related on black Friday, it's a really good controller, it has a textured back and is pretty comfy.

PS4 pad. I got a wired 360 pad but it has analog stick drift so I'm sending it back.

keyboard or ds2 through a cheap chinese converter

Logitech F310. Works with every game I've played it with except Hollow Knight of all things.

A Chinese Saturn lookalike for fightan and some emulators. Decent dpad and six face buttons, good for the price. Maybe I'll invest in a stick.

Xbox One for everything else.

wired 360 or wireless xbox one s controller
also one s controller for streaming to steam link

redpill me on gamesirs controllers please

Wow that shit looks cheap as fuck.

Decent third party controllers, but most of their analogs have deadzone issues. Their mobile friendly controllers are very convenient, but phoneposters don't belong here anyway.

I can't use my first gen xbone wireless without microsoft's shitty receiver, can I?

wires aren't comfy

I used to prefer the ds but times have changed and so did the games.
ds was designed and still is with old games in mind, d pad was the primary moving option and so it's at the far left corner.
xbox controller was designed with the newer games in mind so it replaced d pad's position with a stick
it's curve makes it much more comfortable to sit in your palms as opposed to the log like ds

i use the xbone controller, feels nice holding it. only problem i have with it is the bluetooth connection

I use my Dvorak keyboard and this.

No, only the newer models work over Bluetooth from what I understand, and the stupid receiver is like $25 bucks brand new.

Whichever one I want to at the moment.
I've got a wired 360, a DS4 and a Steam controller.
If I have to use the D-Pad for movement I don't use the 360 and if I have to use the analog stick to go in one specific direction for a long time I don't use the DS4. But when I use those I lament the 360 not having a Gyro and the neither having dual stage triggers or additional rear buttons so I use the SC sometimes.
I'm sort of considering the possibility of twin joysticks but that's probably dumb.

Ps move

What the fuck is wrong with you

they also have a dualshock model

What makes a controller good or bad? How would you improve on DS4, Steam Controller, etc?

Does Steam Controller's touchpad work for you? Would you prefer six front buttons instead of four? Think of modular controllers like Elite, imagine replacing a + shaped dpad with an eight dimensional one, or even a fucking stick.

The possibilities are endless.

Why are xbox controllers so expensive bros? Cant find one on Amazon for less than $50

Are they worth that much?

Then I guess I'll just buy an xbone s controller if and when this shits out. By that time there'll be probably be an improved model. Fuck everything.

I got a controller with my nvidia shield tv and I use it on pc too

it has vibration, analog triggers, 3.5mm jack and a touchpad (the light grey triangle)

I'm tempted to try the xbone though, I never tried asymmetrical sticks

It only works over bluetooth if you have W10, I'm guessing you do, but who fucking knows.

Supposedly the build quality is superior to the no name brands you find on pc.
And it makes sense, somehow at least. ms makes the controller for use with their console, but on pc it's a secondary accessory to mouse and keyboard.

Virtually all third party controllers have shitty thumbsticks but they are decent otherwise.

Maybe this Gamesir should make a cheap Chink alternative to pic related. Straightforward design, no analogs, if they made it affordable than Hori, I for one would be VERY interested.

Yeah, I stand by what I said.

Sidewinder stick all day nigga

>>It only works over bluetooth if you have W10

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>bought mine for 35€ in store
I'm using mine for 9-10 years now, got some abuse since I threw it in my backpack/ suitcase alone with my laptop for years, only renewed the analog-sticks once (rubber came off). Everything else is still good, sticks don't even have much deadzone

You can also buy a usb-cable and hook it up, can't do that with the older controllers

What a load of bullshit. Luckily I do have win10.

the xbone is 10 years old?

is this worth 59 €uromerkels?

mouse and keyboard only
you’re a console pleb if you use a controller

I was speaking of my 360 controller, user wasn't pointing out what kind of xbox controller he was talking about. I figure the xbone ones are just as durable

Xbone for most games. DS4 for 2D/2.5D games, because symmetrical d-pad position more comfortable for these type of games for me (also for PS2 emulation).
FC30 for platformers and emulation.

Works fine with Win7. You need Win10 only if you need headset/accessories to work trough controller.

>white controllers
Patrician taste

360 for 3-4 years, and now the steam controller

>Xbone controller superseded it.

nah. I have issues with the xbone controller

1. tiny thumbsticks
2. bumbers and triggers are too close to each other

I have no fucking clue why they shrink the thumbsticks. I play with a single finger for each left and right bumpers and triggers. sometimes it my finger will get caught in between them. annoying really you don't have that issue with the 360 because there is a gap.

to me. the only plus I see on the xbone controller is the dpad and thats pretty much it.

360 wired and wireless, have a DS3 but i don't use it that much. Looking for a new one, but i can't decide between the Xbone or DS4.

Its the most comfortable controller you can get, but you need to use third party drivers on pc

I was asking if the transparent one was good

I still have my transparent DS1 and still makes my dick hard, but the sticks are very loose

Bought the Xbone controller and it's probably the best thing I've ever used. Feels real nice.

>different key profiles on keyboard

what about boobs

wait who am I kidding

You can't use boobs

Wired 360 pad. Once it breaks around 2052 I'll get a new one.
I like the DS4, but it's more hassle to use on PC.

>those caps

Xbox One and Steam Controller

DS3 > DS4 imo
But my DS3's are all starting to fall apart and get phantom button presses from moving my hands.

Depends what I'm playing. I bought adapters for both my original N64 controllers and GC controllers, so if I'm emulating a game from one of those two systems, I use that controller.
If I'm not emulating an N64 or GC game, I use a DS4.

Xbone
But only used it the once.
I wish I had more time for my hobbies

>DS3 > DS4 imo
Maybe if you're a mentally deficient manlet.

Is Xbone controllers that good? I have win 7 and I heard it doesn't work on it.

I'm on Win 10 so the X1S controlla was the obvious choice. Sometimes, I have issues with lag and signal drops over BT. Micro-USB B is too unreliable but at least it's not proprietary shit. Overall, I like the DS4 and Switch Pro controllers and their plastic better, but I'm just being subjective here.

It's just the question of drivers and compatibility, any wired OG X360 controller is better for W7, provided you get it cheap

I'm about to buy a new one, Xbone seems the right choice, but the DS 4 has something that makes it better?

>but the DS 4 has something that makes it better?
better d-pad and in a better position if you emulate.

if you play 2010s AAA trash get a xbone

It has gyro, which is useful for emulation. You have to use Steam or ds4windows if you want to play normal games though.

it works with Win7, you just need to install drivers. I use wireless S version with Win7.
xbox controllers in general works the best in windows (cuz microsoft, duh..), setting them up is relatively hustle-free. All PC games that support controller use xinput and xbox prompts.
I for one prefer xbone over 360, because I don't like the shape of d-pad on 360 and prefer wireless. Wireless 360 has huge battery compartment on its back.

I have a DS 3 already, so i suppose that if i want to emulate, i can use it, right?

ds3 on pc is a bitch
you need other programs but you can do it

Well, i don't think that's a problem, with Scp, it runs fine all the games that I have tried.

Agree. It takes no time to set up

is that a japan only controller?

yes and i say this as a dude playing sotn on epsxe with the ds4. if you have normal hands, get an xbone controller.

Gen 1 Xbone and Switch Pro.