Reading: The Game

>Reading: The Game

>this dating sim is more like a VN than an actual game

Why would you expect otherwise?

I have a friend who legitimately thinks that this is the game of the generation.

I was so disappointed in this game, coming off of Persona 3, 4 Golden, and the Arena games. I can't believe how boring this was, didn't even finish it, just read the ending.

It is really fucking annoying when people confuse games that THEY enjoy as games that are revolutionary.

I'm not sure how can you be disappointed in P5 and yet enjoy P4. P4 is the worst game in the series.

wait
you consider P5 to be boring but got through 4 where literally fucking nothing happens at all?

Better than playing mindless recycled first person shooters

>reddit: the post

The Ebb and Flow of Gameplay and Story made the game addictive for me, just about when I was getting tired of one, the other showed up and kept me until I was ready to go back. I played for like 9 or 10 hours day after day until I beat it.

Gilded, you are a gentleman and a sir.

>Brainlet: The OP

>fucking visual novel
>Reading: The Game

>it gets good after the 6 hour intro....

You know, I always thought that meme was talking about final fantasy or some shit as most of them don't ramp up for the first couple hours in fun but it was always fucking Persona.

shit game, hope there won't be a persona 6

In order of best to worst
>3
>5
>.
>.
>.
>4

I think it had massive story problems, but it's probably among the top 3. That's not saying much though, considering how few things even came out of this gen

American: the post

Having text in the game isn't the problem in the same way that having cutscenes isn't a problem in MGS1.
Having abysmal pacing like MGS4 is the problem and vomiting textdumps over the screen so often that you never get to play it is.

But compared to shit like persona MGS4 had great pacing. MGS4 isn't even that long, it's pretty to the point and forward.

I learned part ways through that most of the dialogue is superfluous and entirely pointless. Just saying literally the same shit over and over. All of the texts can safely be skipped especially during palace exploration days

I unironically can't remember Sup Forums ever discussing the actual gameplay of this game.

It's actually pretty good, you just don't get to do enough of it.

more reading
>walk two steps
>HEY JOKER MAYBE PRESS THAT RED BUTTON OH LOOK A DOOR JUST OPENED AFTER YOU PRESSED THAT RED BUTTON MAYBE GO THROUGH IT
>OH LOOK JOKER SOMETHING WITH THE BOSS JUST CHANGED MAYBE, PERHAPS, POSSIBLY THIS MEANS THEY HAVE A CERTAIN WEAKNESS NOW???

Persona 5 actually works really hard to lessen this criticism. It jumps you straight into a flash forward action sequence and rushes you into the Kamoshida palace seconds after you meet Ryuji.

Persona 4 spent hours fluffing about introducing you to your early party and their social struggles before it had anything remotely exciting happening.

That's because everyone agreed in the first few days that the gameplay is easily the best in the franchise and a huge leap forward. The only thing that's left to discuss is more subjective things like story, waifus and aesthetics.

>damage control: the thread

There is a reason this game gets a pass.
This one has actual good writing.

>wtf i'm reading the post

Literally this, yet on those subjective things I liked the game less than the previous 4 Persona games (counting both IS and EP since it's miles better than 1).
That being said I like them all but they're not that good as far as turn based combat is concerned. You get as much depth if not more from older turn based JRPGs like FFVI and such.

Fuck off brazilian slavshit

you shit up every board you go

I agree. Persona 5 has some fairly serious writing flaws, but it also seems be lacking a kind of magic element that is present in the previous games. Maybe the experience just needs to sink in on me a bit, and we'll all be considering P5 the masterpiece when 6 releases, but for now I feel a bit iffy about it.

Still a great game. Wouldn't still be in these threads half a year later if the game was bad.

You only have yourself to blame if you're not playing on Merciless

>Grinding: The Game