MMO Thread

MMO Thread
>What are you playing
>What do you want to play
>What are you grinding towards

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_M2-z42gt-A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't like how I am basically required to play my Mesmer in a certain way or just get booted.

I'm trying ESO raiding now, it allows for much more viable options in endgame. However, I am still disappointed in other areas.

I'll probably revisit WoW at some point before BfA hits.

I want Rising Force Online 2.

Vindictusfag here
Remember to play vindictus

Nothing.
Nothing.
Nothing.
Can we just move to vg and call it mog/ mmo or something to avoid the bot?

thats cool but OP said this thread was about MMOs

I'm playing BDO and the lack of endgame group content is painful

like what's the fucking point if endgame looks exactly the same as the rest of the game

Fucking WoW.
Just slowly making my way through the class halls/mounts. I guess I'll probably try to unlock the challenge mode weapon transmogs at some point too.

Grinding for the fire mage bracers in wow. Love fire but pissed it's so legendary dependant to do solid ST dps

>ESO raiding
>more viable options in endgame
>options are:
>>DK tank
>>templar healer
>>sorc dps
>>rest can go fuck themselves
ESO is fucking weird. The more I learn about how shit works, the angrier I get.

DFO is fucking fun as fuck

Is guild wars 2 still worth playing, got a key from the humble bundle and thinking of trying ti

it was never worth playing, and it still isn't

>pick an AoE move and spam
I guess if you really like musous

>What are you playing
Black Desert Online
Lost Ark Online
PEN. I'm going to go for PEN for the first time because I'm a fucking mad man! Wish me luck anons!

:<
i dunno the gameplay feels nice and weighty to me, more than i can say about loads of other mmos

It never was.

Give it a try, you have nothing to loose. It's not the same game it was at launch, don't listen to shills who haven't even played it.

I just ground up Kunoichi to Awakening this past week, and I realized I was only really using one attack the entire time

then I sat back and asked myself why I was still playing since I would just be using that one attack for the rest of my playtime since there's literally no reason to use the rest of the combat system

>musous
What is this musou meme I keep seeing in MMO threads? Do you fucks even know what a Musou is?

>awakening
>one attack
lol bro you can get to 2nd awakening in like 5 days if you're efficient with your FP, idk how you only get to 1st with a whole week unless you're not doing scenarios.

i'm self admittedly new to the game but there's a lot more nuance when you actually reach late game

warframe
I don't know that's why I'm playing this
grinding standing to unlock weapon augments and mixing it up with grinding prime parts for plat. fucked up by not grabbing the rest of Saryn primes blueprints, didn't know she was getting vaulted.

Warframe is pretty good till you hit the grind
too bad the games been nothing but grind since 2013

>WoW
>I want to try SWTOR but everything I see/hear about it makes me sad and then not want to anymore
>Leveling alts

Is this any good?

Played Project Gorgon for a bit, had a blast for those ~5 hours, will probably go back and play more once I have the time.
It barely felt like an mmo for those few hours, you're just thrown into the world to fuck around and grow crops and explore and shit. Felt like every path I could take was viable and rewarding. Reminds me of how I would consistently ditch main quests in elder scrolls games in favour of exploring and doing side quests. Very chill game.
Also waiting to see how official Vanilla server turns out

I just find grinding on large packs of trash mobs very musou-like

>awakening weapon
>lategame
yea i dont think so friend

It's that energy bar in Dynasty Warrior games, right?

BDO
Life
Nothing

>Wish me luck anons!
I wish this was ArcheAge so your shit would blow up.

I am playing nothing but I really want to play just something I can sink my time into, I don't care about it having a cost or not.

all I know is I haven't had a single reason to group up in this supposed MMO, and it sure seems like the only reason to group up at all is for bosses and node wars, and neither require much group coordination

Honestly, I kind of like the grind. It's satisfying in a way, and it keeps me coming back since I always want to check the new warframe that finished or build some new weapons or make some forma to build more rooms in my dojo. Plus I'm a completionist so I love having a chart that fills up as I Max level weapons and frames and I jizz when it gets more and more full.

>install aion yesterday
>try play it today
>account disabled because of suspicious activity
Meh. Was just shitty wow clone anyways

you're making the right choice

well not by continuing to play WoW, but by avoiding SWTOR

Anyone knows how is Tera? It's coming to PS4 next year so I'm thinking of giving it a shot.

>What are you playing

World of Warcraft

A proper sequel to Star Wars Galaxies, or just an MMO in a similar vein.

Getting all my alts ready for BfA, and also getting all the class mounts.

every mmo is shit, pay to win or dead
crap genre

Is Dragons Dogma Online worth jumping through the hoops to play if I'm a DDDA fan?

Anyone wanna play Pirate Online :)

My favourite MMO, I have over 3k hours in it. AMA.

Fun combat, sexy characters, no endgame.

>What are you playing
Nothing
DQX
Nothing

>every mmo is shit, pay to win or dead

True.

How do we save MMOs?

Tree of Savior the new rank 9 patch dropped today. Matador is okay, you either accept it's under powered in circle 1 as a fencer 3 or you just get Matador 2 as a corsair 3 and drop fencer.

>What are you playing
EVE Online
Total War: Warhammer II Mortal Empires, but its still not cracked
Erebus titan

Looking forward to see what "Tera 2" looks like. Yes I know they say it's not Tera 2 but a new MMO project, but the same shit was said about how Tera wasn't a new Lineage game when it literally was for most of it's development Lineage 3.

GW2
I wanna play Monster Hunter World.
Slowly but surely making my legendary armor.

Fuck off lolipan

Tera 2 isn't in development.
It's called A.I.R or some shit. It's a joint project by Pearl Abyss, XLGames Archeage, and Bluehole Studios and is being published by Bluehole. It looks exactly like Black Desert and even the trailer for it lags and desyncs horribly.

fucking what

Remove gameplay and make it exclusively mobile game genre

I said save, not kill.

>A.I.R
This one is a different project, called EXA.

A.I.R. : Ascent infinite realm
youtube.com/watch?v=_M2-z42gt-A

BDO
Friend bought it for me. I was reluctant to play. Being a Korean game I was really skeptical.
Tried a few of the classes to 30 and really love the Striker and Ninja. This game is much better than I anticipated. Probably the most fun I've had in an MMO in a long time.

where's my perma death free-pvp mmo where life is suffering, 90% of players are scrubby swordsmen, and only the few make it to real power.

There is something really off about the way those faces look.

Mortal online is closest thing I can think of

That one private wow server

Currently playing WoW and Destiny 2. Grinding towards level caps so I can play with my brother and friends, which is taking a long time because I'm an altaholic.

>Striker and Ninja

Striker stays about the same though awakening. Ninja gets more complicated.

Is it possible to max out your skills or are you capped?

It's possible but skill exp gets slow after a certain point.

Better hurry up those those, the clock is ticking down.

A friend of mine is trying to talk me into playing Black Desert Online. What is even the main draw that game has aside from a neat-looking character creator?

Combat. Pretty much it.

Getting mad that you didn't pick a ranged class and then shoot shit boringly forever.

the main draw is horrible class balance allowing you to pick the most overpowered class without care

Warframe
Warframe
Another Warframe

Send Help!

Is it more focused on PvE or PvP combat?

PvP

Tree is Savior being garbage made me lose hope for the MMO genre. All my old mates won't touch another MMO after the RO experience.

Kings and Heroes. It's decent. Not mind-blowing, but it's good for what it does and it has an active community and developer who keep adding new stuff to the game.

Also thinking about going back to Black Desert casually.

>What are you playing
Dekaron
Dekaron in it's glory days
Cabal online in it's glory days
Decent TBC server
Nothing because that game is now awful p2win shitfest.

Started trying out SMN on FFXIV after taking SCH all the way to 70. There are so many god damn buttons that I'm having a hard time arranging my bars in a way that makes sense.

No endgame? Doesn't it have dungeons and pvp battlegrounds? I haven't played for ages but it used to have the same endgame as every other mmo when I did.

There is no Tera 2, those are fake. They are just about to port Tera to consoles, which proves it ain't happening. Aion is still running ffs.

if you dont mind a store based(skins) korean grinder, you'll be ok with it. the base game is free, so dont know what you got a key for.

You can if you want, but you will soon see why that is a bad idea.

I've been playing Everquest II, only level 11.
It's alright. I patched ESO and want to play that but I also kind of want to restart although I don't want to play through Coldharbour again. I bought it last year around August and only launched the client twice.
I have around 15 total MMOs installed but play none of them regularly or often. I wish RIFT was still good.

>What are you playing
WoW
BfA and Classic
Barely anything until 7.3.5 launches, unless the leveling revamp stuff gets nerfed because of the qqing

>no old school runescape
how disappointing

i have the urge to play osrs, but not sure if i actually want to

>flyff will never be fun to play with friends again
It hurts, bros. Private servers all look slightly shitty or 'donate to get shit', too.

the key was for the Heroic edition or whatever its called

Tried a bunch of mmos on steam, all shit.

Might play some Tera since I never managed to get into it. Seems brainless so far, im lvl20

Maplestory is the eternal king.

Haven and hearth.

>Dekaron
It's still running? The last server I checked was riddled with glitches and bugs everywhere.
Damn, it was fun back in the day PKing people with dual wield swords.

>Playing

Tree of savior r9 patch.

>Want to play
Something like multiplayer angband with isometric turn based combat would be cool I think but I like ToS still.

>Grinding

Materials for steampunk mace.

I'm thinking about playing a classic vanilla server now that my classes ended, any you recommend anons?

>love the Chosen looks, both armor and weapon wise
>but love playing as a Marauder/DPS more

Trying to DPS while playing a Chosen is hell.

>What are you playing
EVE Online
A space MMO that actually has flight controls, planets and being out of your ship. Also gotta get back into FFXIV, been carving a comfy MMO for some time now but kept getting put off by it.
Wormholes. Thinking of joining a corp again but I feel too burnt out to bother.

Just played about an hour in Europe TERA on the event server leveling a character in hope I can do it quickly with a buff. Turns out the buff is only for paying subscribers only so I stopped playing. Proabably gonna finish my dailies in the NA version later.

I'd fork over money for a DDO port to the west. Other than that, I've given up MMO's, I don't need a second job and they were cutting severely into my single player game time.

unfortunately it's never happening

Looking for a recommendation. I'd like some new MMOs to play now or look forward to.

I'm a person who likes to play tanks and specifically pve, and I don't care so much about pvp in general. I don't really have the time to go out and be a full time raider though. I also like more grounded art styles, though WoW is still a favorite of mine.
Alternatively, swashbuckling tomfoolery would be fun.

is that Lothric in the background?

Playing on a classless WoW server

population sucks, but the gameplay is phenomenal.