Was it really that difficult to put a normal d-pad on the Switch? One would expect as much from Nintendo

Was it really that difficult to put a normal d-pad on the Switch? One would expect as much from Nintendo...

It was a compromise to push the gimmick of being able to hand another person that teeny tiny joycon for multiplayer.
A nice idea but the execution is a little on the shit side

I wonder if you can put something between the four buttons to make it basically a d-pad

Well, the mod in the op is basically it,

would have been nice if they desined some kind of cap that you could stick over the buttons somehow and have a dpad.

i played sonic mania using the 4 buttons like a dpad and honestly barely noticed a difference once i got playing so eh' not a bad choice nintendo.

You couldn't if you want to have the "play with a friend" thing.

I can see them selling official d-pad left joycons in a short while though. I would buy one.

Personally I think the switch has the best buttons out of all the systems I have. Something about the way they click is just satisfying.

>HONK HONK HONK

The buttons are just as good and the analog sticks sort of fill the gap anyway with how they move

If they released a left joycon that has a dpad instead of an analog stick, i'd be a sucker enough to buy it.

Yeah, what the fuck were they thinking?

It's actually not since I did that mod too and I'm fucking loving it!! The only downside is multiplayer games because it's a D-Pad and not a button pad, so you might be switching out the D-Pad every once in a while, but I'd you're mostly playing alone, you'll definitely want to make that mod, also, make the Switch clear too, it's perfect but they needed to have buttons so they could do the "one controller makes 2"

It's because when you use the joy con sideways they have the same button layout, a compromise.
But imo a good one, the out-of-box local multiplayer is great

You can always mod your left one

The plus button, basically a Start button

Is the mod actually cutting the case or is it just a thing you attach on top of the buttons?

I have 4 joycons because the flimsy little lock broke from the smallest drop

there's no replacement parts unless you want to 3d print it. Nintendo is a bunch of kikes.

You gotta open up the Switch and the joycons, it's not that hard once you get into it. The switch is just changing the backplate and moving a few things over to the new backplate, while the joycons are a bit more complicated, it's more about dropping everything into the right spot

Do you miss the d-pad? The four buttons work nicely for sidescrollers.
The only issue I have with them is that you can only charge two at a time. It's a bit of a hassle if you want to charge more.

He asked about the D-Pad

Why are you talking about your backplate you fucking mongoloid

People always give the Xbox controller shit for the placement of the black and white buttons yet this is totally fine. These buttons are also nasty little sharp things.

They could, but that's not what they went for.

this a new nintenbro meme?

Why would anyone would care about d-pads? No games use them for anything important anymore, you just use left stick and d-pad is usually for item selection or something like that.

Desperate sonybros looking for arguments

The assumption is that if Nintendo starts doing Virtual Console shit that a Dpad would be preferable to 4 separate buttons.

Honestly, I kind of preferred playing Shovel Knight with the Switch's directional buttons than say, the 3DS Dpad. So I think it's a load of shit.

What are you talking about OP, there's a D pad right here.

What are some games where this matters?
I'm genuinely asking. I don't understand what the problem is exactly.

What's wrong with the buttons? A d pad wouldn't control any differently, it would feel different but that's a problem of unfamiliarity, not quality or precision.