Special games from your childhood

Anyone remember aq? That game was (the) shit. Played it so much when I was a kid.

I always thought Adventure Quest was some adware shit. Pic related Neopets is my childhood online game.

>TFW you haven't fed your neopets in almost 20 years

Man, I remember back in grades 5-7 of you had a teacher that let you in the classroom before the day starts in the morning they'd let us race to get on the three computers and this was all we ever fucking played. And linerider because the school hadn't blocked these sites for some reason

sauce

I don't remember the artist, sorry user. But have some more cute pets.

In fifth grade we went to a computer lab once a week, and every time lab teacher bro was playing WoW/Adventure Quest and eating a Salisbury steak. I miss youth.

I didn't really "love" it, but I feel like it needs to be remembered

I thought that monster looked familiar.
I totally played that game for a while.

and...

reminder that none of these nostalgia-bait games like adventure quest, runescape, mabinogi, etc. are good

they survived merely because they were easily accessible to dumb poor children

These two were awesome back then, and everyone in the cyber-arcade was playing them.

We're not saying they're good now. The thread is about games that were good back then, and again, good under the impression of a 7-12 year old.

I only ever had the demo but it was still amazing. Now I have the full game but I can't finish one unreasonably hard early game mission.

holy shit sherwood feels like weird fever-dream now

anyone play this
>the flamethrower

neopets was fucking everywhere in the early 00s online and offline. they had toylines and even had sets of mcdonalds happy meal toys, you're full of shit if you think it wasn't a huge thing in its heyday

Oh fuck
Does this still exist somewhere? It's been so fucking long

I feel the exact same I'm still not positive it ever existed

It's hard to post special games from your childhood when that description also fits your current favorite game of all time.

Dragon Fable was better

I played Kingdom of Loathing. Adventure Quest was the game everyone on the KoL forums would make fun of, even mentioning you played it was enough for you to get ridiculed. Not sure why, people were weird and insecure in the early 2000s it seems.

Fuck Artix. Because of that nigger I become a brony.

Holy hell someone besides me played this fucking garbage

*Is
It still gets updated

I was and still am an edgelord.

Remember Jack Thompson though?

this and maplestory were my fucking games when we hit the computer labs in grade school. i sometimes log in once in like every two years when i remember this game exists and wonder why i ever liked it desu

those fucking penguins can suck a dick.

>and wonder why I ever liked it
This. Adventure quest is complete ass. It has like 250 players on right now which despite being so insignificant is still a shock for what a shit time this game is.

This game was killed so hard by pay2win.

i wish i remember mine

Don't worry, user. Your pets aren't dead. They're just crying uncontrollably.

I still play this game eventually

this game was so much fun, good music too

runescape is super fucking popular again

I loved this shit. I didnt play any big titles for my Ps1. i mean the staples.
This is probably the one i remember most.

Swords and sandals? Good taste

As someone who loved runescape, what was the appeal of that game? Why did we love that game?

I wanted to get back into Runescape. Even though they made ot not web browser playable which was the main fucking draw...but i digress the fuckers deleted my account! Only 2 years unactive.... i feel like they should have a script that deletes accounts that havent paid them multiple memberships / hrs played deleted before people who have other shit to do.
Aint no fucking way im redoing all those fucking skills.
Fuck Jagex

It's still going, too. I stopped playing about two years ago from burnout.

Fuck, i thought I imagined that. It was garbage, but kinda fun garbage.

Oh hell yeah, spent a lot of time on this and the moonbase game

I had dial up
It was an actual Rpg
Social elements
My friends played. Cool place to hang.
Just a badass game in general.
God damn
>member eating cookies n milk doin that colosseum thing
>fallin asleep cutting trees
So many comfy memories

>. Not sure why, people were weird and insecure in the early 2000s it seems.
m8 you'll get ridiculed here if you so much as insinuate you night have once visited another website. People are always weird and insecure.

Probably social aspect and feeling of achievement. Everyone played it and spoke to each other, we were all kids after all. The feeling of adventure and discovery in an online world.

The biggest thing was the friends you made on it and the people you casually spoke to while doing mundane things like mining or woodcutting. Fucking hell I have so many fond memories from that game.

>the magic of doing your first xmas, halloween or easter event
>completing dragon slayer for the first time and saving for rune plate
>avoiding scorpions whilst mining gold
>using your pocket money to get membership and just walking around seeing all the new things
>competing with your irl friends and discussing it at school

I think that game represents the innocent of youth. No cares in the world, just you, a dial up connection and a point&click adventure. It's been over a decade now, take me back.

Mechquest, Early Roblox, Whirled and Neopets..

I miss scamming people.
But also that heart sinking feeling when you die in the Wildly for the first time and didnt realize you couldnt keep your shit

Also ibalways wanted a membership when i was a kid but my parents were too paranoid to put their credit card anywhere online. It wasnt till a few years later when i met my new best friend and he had his mum pay for our memberships.

Lol i used to pay him actual money to cut me yews

Yeah took me months to convince my dad hahah

my nigga

Gaia online was one of my favorite to-go websites back then and I was very active on forums too.

>inb4 go back to gaia

Yeah I know, insane amount of content. Insane amount of forever lost content due to special events as well. I played it from like 2004 until 2010 daily. I remember when Ascending didn't even exist.

DO you think it would be possible for another neopets type game to ever come out and be successful? I'm still struggling just getting basic rpg maker style shit done and my art looks like a cat threw up on it, but I'd love to help a new generation have childhood memories like mine. Maybe add in a webcomic part where prominent players/members of the forum are in it and have the games and stories affect each other or something.

I met my first internet girlfriend there and we met up at anime boston and everything. Now I've graduated to f-list

The best runescape memories are when you're f2p and had to make do with the limited gameplay

if you don't know what this game is then you're too young to be here

>Putting commas (I think) in the name field and fucking up the entire game the more you put in

this

It'd have to be done on mobile nowadays but I think it'd be possible. Moshi Monsters was (is?) popular, kids never stop liking cute cartoon animals.

They still are, you literally went from one forum that consisted of that to an even bigger forum that consists of it and breeds it like it's the cure for cancer

AND OUR SCARS REMIND US
THAT THE PAST IS REAL

So fun, I wish it didn't fall victim to p2w

Doing it on mobile's a good idea yeah. Some kind of streetpass or hotspot feature might be neat, but I'd have to think of a way to keep it kid friendly. Every day I regret not saying fuck it and going to art school more and more

>be ghetto poor kid
>play Runescape and AQ at the public library
>whenever someone got a piece of the Blade of Awe they'd call everyone over to come look at it
>the screens had those privacy protectors on it and we'd all take them off
>library security keeps telling us we can't do that
>we keep doing it anyway

I will still play this on occasion when i'm really bored.
Always manage to ruin it for myself by using the cheat where you put a comma in your name and it gives you a shit ton of random stats.

I met my wife there, no regrets.

>moon base game
Hell yeah senpai all the cool kids hung out on the earth watching the moon peasants trying to get up

my nigga

I got really fucking good at the tank game, would beat anybody's ass at it

fucking cue

aeiou

Wrong game fucker

aeiou

I met my wife there. It's such complete shit now.

gb2gaia

This is far worse a date than death.

>tfw you only levelled your INT stat at the trainer because you wanted your character to be "smart like me"

Go back to Gaia faggot

>tfw you deleveled int to 1 for you could better self insert

>ctrl+f
>arcanists
>no results
I'm disappoint.

same effect as telling here you visited reddit or tumblr once. Go ahead and see what happens, if you want to see a thread die then post something related to it from tumb or red

This shit had like one level what a weird ass game

You need to kill yourself

One level but endless dungeons

A huge, open world that actually felt alive
Tons of quests to do
Every piece of armor or new weapon felt like a huge achievment
Amazing to just talk with your friends at school about

Fishing lvl?

You 'member this.

Pre-NGE SWG. Biggest imperial guild/city on Euro-Chimaera (even though I am a burger). Great friends and times.

DF2: Jedi Knight: first experience with multiplayer, loved the fluidity of movement controls more than any game since.

Jedi Outcast: Met my real life husband playing saber only duel only FFA servers all day every day. Together almost 15 years now.

Star Wars games back in the day were amazing, what a shame what's happened.

OG runescape back during 6th grade in 2001.

>when you got to the bottom for the first time
>when you realised his name is satan backwards

Precursor to steamworld dig.

Why do I keep seeing you post about meeting your husband on Jedi outcast?

I have a lot of free time.

I remember that. Worms was better.