Fallout 4 New Vegas project

Thoughts?
They've been updating pretty regularly now, and their Bozar got released yesterday too...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rb4hrES310k
youtube.com/watch?v=0xh5UHxzfbA
youtube.com/watch?v=Y5siYTKikoA
tesrenewal.com/forums/morroblivion/mods/753
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'll be excited for it when they get everything working and show a quest being played from beginning to end to show that this might actually be finished.

don't care until it's released
which is never

Some other big mods like Enderal and Call of Chernobyl got released, why wouldn't this one?

Because Skyblivion will never come out. Its just too big of a task for a handful of men

They still don't even have the one of Oblivion in Skyrim or Morrowind in Skyrim

there will never be a New Vegas in Fallout 4

Bethesda will release their next RPG before that happens

Morroblivion came out

Morrowind in Skyrim is an even harder task compared to FNV to F4
To remake Morrowind they have to
>create a lot of new assets that weren't in Skyrim and Dragonborn
>add voice acting (they planned to do it and it was foolish of them)
For Fallout, they have all the voice acting they need and they seem much more organised than the Skywind team
let me have hope

They're more than 100 devs, almost as much as the actual Obsidian team that worked on NV. And they don't even need writers or voice actors. I don't know how big the Skyblivion and Skywind teams are but they are probably not as big as the F4NV one.

Skywind team is pretty big. How big is the F4NV team? I haven't looked into it.
Also, I suppose I can answer some questions while I'm here. I couldn't answer everything in yesterday's thread because I had to leave, but I saw some dumb shit.
>hurr durr OpenMW

will it be on ps4?

>Its just too big of a task for a handful of men

Not really. The worst part is the voice lines and quests which is there. The engines are so similar it's practically importing + designing maps/assets. It's not impossible

>skywind dev
proof or gtfo

For the fair price of 10 000 creation club credits.

The more graphically advanced a game is, the more intensive it is to port an entire game into it. Morrowind and Oblivion are nowhere near as intensive as FO4 and skyrim, and it was just porting a superior game into a subpar game, just like now.

No fucking way, they said it's too big for consoles plus it needs F4SE or some shit to run

>remaking a game in a better engine with better graphics but the same gameplay and story makes it subpar
u wot m8

You can tag me in our discord server.
I'm Thermocrius *The Chin*. Tag me and I'll reply with my post number.

Or do you want a picture?

send pics, I don't have a discord

I'll post a vid. give me a few mins

Are you implying the mechanics from Morrowind/NV was/will be ported proper? Anyone with taste doesn't rightly care for improved graphics, when the original game has the actual game mechanics, if not the superior refinement, with vastly lower hardware costs to boot

post it faggot

how do these teams work? is it 95% idea guys and like 1-2 amateur modelers and 1 coder?

here you go. tried to keep it short becuase youtube is fucky. Don't have time to show off the new game mechanics, I'll do that some other time. this thread seems to be dying
youtube.com/watch?v=Rb4hrES310k

Honestly, why bother with such a project? These things are notorious for falling apart after a while and often the devs are too egocentrical attention whores to bother releasing what they've made. Not to mention, the original is often the best version still

I can only speak for skwyind, but we have a ton of artists and 3d modellers, a bunch of coders including me, and the writing team are the "idea guys" and also handle some dialogue quests. However, most departments come up with their own ideas, and then we discuss it with everyone and see what works best and is more fun.

How will it work around the 4 dialog choice limit?

Get rid of the the praying mantis's they creep me out :(

it's fun__________________
and also a great way for some people to get work for their portfolios. I just do it because I like modding Bethesda games and I like Morrowind. Skyrim had a ton of flaws that made it a shitty game, but there's quite a lot you can do with the engine that Bethesda didn't utilize at all, or were simply too incompetent to think of.

Probably won't ever be released but I hope it does, NV is practically unplayable now

This one, unlike the other remake projects, is pretty easy to pull off landscaping and modeling wise as they tended to use a lot more of a few assets and models. Compare Morrowind which had huge amounts of wide variety in it's models.

They use XDI
www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27216

Extended Dialogue Interface, it's out on the Nexus

any examples of that latter statement? I like your attitude on the subject, so i'd like to hear more

what did you major in CS?

Look, you retarded 'devs', you can dress up a pile of shit all you want, IT'S STILL A PILE OF SHIT.

They've shown that they have some amazing scripters with the Nuka Cola machine and drinking animations they created. I believe in them.

Fallout: New Vegas hasn't even been ported to PS4, this isn't just a Fallout 4 mod, it actually requires New Vegas to work.

Unless Bethesda decided to officially publish this as a standalone game, which they probably won't do even though it'd probably make them a bunch of money.

>Thoughts?
I'm not going to buy FO4 just to play a prettier NV without mods.

what version of skyrim would I need to work on this. Already have morrowind on pc but I only ever got skyrim on console cause it was free for me

Well, I enjoy the combat in Dark Souls, so I tried to copy the blocking system, because Skyrim's blocking was complete fucking shite.
I added the stability stat to shields, and I managed to reduce the damage by 100% for certain shields by adding a spell to the player that registers for any blocked hits to damage stamina, and I combined this with a perk that reduced all damage to 0% if you were hit while blocking with the shield. This failed, because it did not work on NPCs, because shields are equipped in the left hand, and NPCs left hands are really glitched. They don't send events.
However, this did not stop me, so a while later I revisited and remade the system to something completely new.
Now, if you want your shield to block effectively, you gotta time your blocks correctly to the enemies attack. However, another mod already did this so I decided to make it a bit more advanced.
Medium shields now work like above, but I decided to make the smaller shields a bit more skill based. The block window for smaller shields (bucklers) is shorter, but should you time it correctly, you will block even more damage than if you time a block with a medium shield. But should you miss and just perform a non-timed block, it will be less effective than a medium shields.
For tower shields, I'm not sure what to do yet. I was thinking of making them just reduce a lot more damage constantly, and no timed blocks, but also have them slow you down and maybe make bashes a bit more powerful and staggering.

No, I'm going to study biotech. Modding is just a hobby.
Right now we're working on Oldrim, but we hope to move over to SE once the script extender gets a proper release, because of that delicious 64-bit "stability". So I can't say yet, sorry.

Still thanks for that, I was thinking of getting Special Edition during the sale cause steam took down Oldrim from sales

No prob.
You can still buy Oldrim if you have a direct link by the way.

This.

that doesn't look like any location i've seen in new vegas. i've been to every corner of that map.

Oh, also, if you time a block with a buckler and follow up with a bash, your opponent will be staggered and you can deal a critical hit with a power attack. Trying to make stamina a bit more useful so you have to manage your stamina for combat.

why are you so angry? lmao

quite cool, thanks dude

They're expanding on minor locations too. It's more like playing modded NV but with better graphics. I think the Nuka Cola machine in that video they released shows they're willing to add new stuff that wasn't in NV but improves it.

I know, just expensive for me. Still thinking about it though
north of goodsprings/those flying fucks facing west?

It's near the Goodsprings Source

>why doesn't this remake of a New Vegas area that consists of rocks and dirt look exactly the same when it's ported to a "new engine" with different rock and dirt textures

You were probably too busy getting raped by Cazadors to memorize the few distinct details of the area

If you're still here, do you know if the creation engine supports easy convertion of older gamebryo NV mods?

Yeah, I'll be here for a while.
The plugin files that the games use are mostly similair and you can copy a lot of the data right over by using xEdit, but the gameplay stuff for fallout 4 is very different to NV so I'm not sure. I haven't looked into Fallout 4 modding, because the game was terrible. Can't help more than that, sorry.

As just a player, how hard would it be to transfer something from ES/Fallout into the other series for the remake. Like just transport Whiterun into fallout 4 as it's own space? Or how about the tiny starting areas from ESO

looks like goodsprings source to me nigga

This'd probably look more familiar.

Preserving the old mechanics is one of the main ideas behind these mods.

cool, so in theory, something like Project Nevada is a huge undertaking, while something like millenia's firearms would be relatively easy?

>XD
fuck off

>Thoughts?
bretty gud

Yeah, Project Nevada uses the script extender and a ton of stuff that isn't compatible with Fallout 4 at all. You'd have to remake it completely. Millenia's firearms would just require porting the models so they work properly for Fallout 4 then setting them up correctly in the editor.

what's the legality of this? could bethesda force them to cease & desist? project vaulderie still hurts.

do you think SkyUI is objectively superior to Morrowind's interface?
because it ain't
I expect Morrowind interface in Skywind.

They could but Bethesda doesn't give a fuck. Morroblivion, Skyblivion, Tale of Two Wastelands, Skywind, OpenMW, Bethesda has never done anything against any of them. For all their faults Bethesda is extremely lenient with the mod community, probably because they know their games wouldn't be half as popular without it.

Bethesda might be fucking pricks but the one decent piece of humanity they have is allowing the modding community full freedom to do whatever the hell it wants.

that vid isn't really what I wanted to see of skywind. Are any of the overworld maps finished and stitched together yet?

If it comes out, I'll finally buy Fallout 4 from the gray market

Character creation was the only thing F4 had over NV.

I already have New Vegas and it's great. Though I appreciate the time the modders are putting into it, I am not interested in playing it again with nothing new added except for pretty new graphics.
Would much rather a fanmade modded game with a new story or something

what if you try to block with a 2h?

>pic

Weeb genocide when?

You can wish for whatever you want, doen't mean it's gonna happen. Some UI will be changed though.
We post plenty of landscaping stuff on our official channel.
youtube.com/watch?v=0xh5UHxzfbA
youtube.com/watch?v=Y5siYTKikoA
check the channel if you want to see more.
I've only worked on shields so far. Haven't thought about what to do with weapons yet. Maybe some basic parry function if you time it?

>Morroblivion came out
Really? Is it like fully playable game with full content of original?

I sincerely wish they'll somehow pull through.

we need to stop having daily threads about this
exactly

Why do you mod Skywind instead of OpenMW? Not a programmer?

ENB?

>nothing added except for pretty new graphics
brainlet

Why would you want to play New Vegas with FO4 garbage neutered RPG elements with no skills and Perks tied to skills?

Nobody wants that.

It's also completely unrelated to this project.

>their Bozar got released yesterday too

so they're already b8ing nostalgia-retards into supporting their waste of time

>look we have models for stuff
where's the actual quests and game?
>just wait, it'll be here soon(tm)

several years and a few suicides later, it will be forgotten

What is this project then? Is it just a mod for FO4 of a playable area inspired by New Vegas?

It will have skills.

>IMPOSSIBRU
It's already been done.

They're adding back everything from new vegas and keeping FO4's combat.

This has probably gonna/has been asked a bunch but are/have you gonna do anything with the expansions Morrowind had and try to port them over? Also if you do how are you gonna handle solstheim, start from scratch or just change what needs to be changed to get it to work for Bloodmoon?

Yes

tesrenewal.com/forums/morroblivion/mods/753

It has most of it, hasn't been updated in ages but yeah most of it's there.

Damn, that's actually pretty neat.

lol

Where do they post updates? Not their facebook page for sure, nor their youtube.

DLCs will come after the main game. we're 100% focused on main game right now. And we'll probably do the same as with skywind; import the heightmap and build off of that with completely remade assets + skyrim assets because solstheim. We're not just porting morrowind to Skyrim, that would be boring. We're also adding some new stuff. Lore friendly, the writing department has told me. I just handle game mechanics like magic and combat. I'm adding a bunch of new stuff, like the blocking system I described a few posts above.
If this was just a port, I wouldn't be interested in this project because Skyrim's systems were terrible.

I really thought that the project was dead, have I been out of the loop for to long? I haven't seen any update since last year

*with Bloodmoon

Which makes the paid mods thing even more bewildering.
I really want to give Beth the benefit of the doubt and say it was the suits at Zenimax who insisted on it, though.

They're changing things to fit how they want them to. ie changing the Bozar model to a bullpup. I don't have high hopes.

Oh, we've moved to discord and leddit for most of our updates. We have a progress update on our server where we post updates mostly every day. We also have a public chat that the devs occasionally peek in. I check the public chat pretty often and reply to most non-retarded questions.

>Not their facebook page for sure
Idk why you thought that, they always update their facebook page, but I follow them on twitter because fb is a mess
twitter.com/Project_F4NV

>nor their youtube
They have a different youtube channel I believe, there's just 2 vids uploaded (nuka cola machine demo and doc mitchell's theme), but you can check out this dude's channel, there's some good progress vids in there
youtube.com/user/SagittariusCorp/videos

It's not that they support the modding community, they just don't care about it. Fallout 4 is so moddable simply because Morrowind was and they never changed the system or improved upon it since then. In fact they made it worse, Fallout 4's vanilla mod manager that all Bethesda games have had since Morrowind no longer has a button in the launcher, you have to click under the power armor helmets eye in the launcher to bring it up. And yes I know nobody uses the vanilla mod manager but it still shows the disregard Bethesda has for its modders.