Can someone give me a run down on how to increase HP in Final Fantasy 2...

Can someone give me a run down on how to increase HP in Final Fantasy 2? I'm draining my guys HP and healing them but it doesn't increase how many battles does it take to level it up? My guys are becoming too strong because I keep attacking myself and everything else is going up but HP

>He fell for the "attack your party members for gains" meme
You poor motherfucker.
Fight undeads, they're literally tailored for bumping your HP up since their physical attacks drain HP on a percentage basis, your HP will skyrocket in minutes.
Same for MP, fight Parasites since they will leech MP through Osmosis, making your MP growth go skyhigh.

Only casual brainlets ever attack their own party members, it's a meme created by people who were bad at the game.

I heard that it's food for power levelling though

Which version are you playing? If it's on the GBA/PSP then HP will level up by itself just winning battles as well and you don't need to grind it. If your playing the PS1 version then oh shit nigger what the fuck are you doing.

Why would I play the gameboy one? I don't want to play on a tiny handheld screen with shitty graphics

Emulate the PSP one then it's by far the best version. PS1 is the worst version from a gameplay standpoint lacking a lot of QoL changes made on GBA/PSP and carries over many bugs from the Famicom original.

First of all I don't own a computer, second of all I play games on their original console, this is the original version of the English final Fantasy 2, so can you just answer my question instead of being a retard and telling me to do something else?

>Emulate the PSP one then it's by far the best version.
It's really not, it's a babbified version with neutered enemies and jacked up growth values for the player, Origins is the definitive version for both FF and FFII because it keeps the original design and mechanics from the NES games, anything after that changes stuff.

>so can you just answer my question instead of being a retard and telling me to do something else?
Your doing it exactly how your supposed to. You HP in battle will level up as you lose it. It's just slow as fuck to level in that version. If your doing too much damage with physical attacks to yourself use low level spells or weapons with a very low weapon rank.

It's based on how much hp you had at the start of the battle compared to how much you have at the end. If you attack and heal in the same fight your hp won't show any growth, same with mp and osmose/ethers.

>first of all I don't own a computer
You can emulate PSP pretty much perfectly on a phone. Surely you have an internet-capable device if you're trying to stir shit up.

That's exactly why I play the Origins one, I don't want to play easy mode I want to play as close to the original as possible, I don't own an NES so this is the best I can do. Final Fantasy 1 was great, for this one I'm just not understanding the mechanics.
That makes sense, let me try that

I don't own a phone either I have an iPad but I'm not breaking my only internet access trying to hack things onto it. I gave my computer the blue screen of death trying to get a mario sunshine ROM like 10 years ago, And that's the last time I bought a computer.

ah, I never knew that. I only ever played the GBA remakes which was somewhat easy after I cheesed things. I only wish leveling up magic (in that version at least) was faster - I was constantly casting spells but never got any decent offensive magic power.

Okay, so I just had a battle drained my guys HP, and didn't heal during the battle when it ended it said their HP went up! Is that how you do it? I thought you had to heal them during the battle, or is it have full HP at the start, finish with low HP and they level up?

OOOOH I got it now, thanks I appreciate it

Just equip double shields on everyone and never worry about anything ever again.

If you are this retarded you really shouldn't be on this board.

Literally kill yourself.

>someone offers you advice
>insult them
Go fuck yourself you entitled piece of shit.

It's not advice, he's telling me to do something else instead of play my game

GBA and PSP versions are literally just shells of what the original games were. They were turned into retard mode FF4, removing spell mechanics and difficulty entirely. Never play that shit.

>Original console
>FF2 PS1

K
E
K

Just have one of your party members attack the other. HP is fucking easy to grind.

Did you read what I said? The original console for the English version, I don't have a famicom, I don't want to play it in Japanese because I can't read Japanese

>I answered, you owe me eternal gratitude and respect
>b-but your answer is unrelated bullshit
>OMG KILL YOURSELF UNGRATEFUL FUCK

Just kys yourself my man

yeah why remove the cool Wizardry/DnD style magic system? That's actually interesting and fun, especially in a FF context. MP is just brainless mode, and almost always has been.

I didn't realize what I was missing until I saw older RPGs in action.

The Wizardry 6+ spell system is more interesting than Vancian.

>how should i do x in b
>hurr stop playing b, c is better
>advice
Fuck off