MGS

Newcomer to this series. Is there anything I should avoid? What does Sup Forums think of MGS V?

you should avoid Sup Forums and play them in order of release

play it 1 2 3 4 5

play peace walker and other spin offs after if u want to bother.

If you're going to emulate it, make sure your emulator can switch from disk 1 to disk 2 halfway trough the game with no problems.

This, honestly.

Avoid others opinion when playing them. Once you hear a game is the 'the best game ever made' or shit like that your head will constantly notice flaws that don't fit this narrative and your opinion of the game will be different then if you went in blind.

Watch the cutscenes, invest yourself in the story, and get ready for some feels

or you can just get the pc version with the new update mod

avoid Sup Forums
play 1, 2,3, peace walker, 4, ground zeros, phantom pain

avoid twin snakes

As much as I love MGS, it's too fucking cringey. Had a hard time getting emotionally invested. Tu

I would play MGS1 instead of its remake, the Twin Snakes. MGS1 is a better game and its story packs more of a punch.

Also IIRC there were quality-of-life re-releases of MGS2 and 3, both called Substance or Subsistence or something like that.

correct me if i am wrong, Ghost Bable was a good game wasn't it?

Just play all of them, even the shitty ones are fun.
Except 5.

Read the wiki synopsis for original metal gear 1 and 2.
Buy the legacy collection for ps3.
Start with MGS1 VR missions. You don't have to finish them but there are some subtle callbacks to it in 2 that are neat.
Then play MGS1 proper. Followed by 2, 3, 4.
You could stop there if you wanted to. The story of the remaining games are not very interesting and are more gameplay focused.

Play rising if you like Bayonetta/DMC style games. It's great but might not be canon.

MGSV has terrific gameplay but a mess of a story. Up to you if you want to play it.
Play Peace Walker if you want to attempt to follow the story of V. Skip it if you don't care.

Then play Ground Zeroes main mission and then Phantom Pain.

play all in release order

As someone who has only played 2,3,4 and 5 I’d say:

3>2=5>>>>>>>>>>>

it was, considering the hardware

>What does Sup Forums think of MGS V?
Sup Forums is very loud about how shitty mgsv is, so obviously it's a great game.

This.

Surprisingly good responses from this thread. Heed these words OP, especially the advice to avoid Sup Forums

Nah, for once Sup Forums was actually right about something. I bought it last month and it's a boring slog.

hows the android version of mgs 3 work performance wise? did they cut anything from it?
same question for mgs 2 on android

MGSV is a subpar game but it's enjoyable IMO. It's at least worth one playthrough.

>Read the wiki synopsis for original metal gear 1 and 2.
Don't. MGS wiki updates with every fucking retcon, so it's riddled with spoilers. CODEC conversations in MGS1 fill you in enough anyway.