Does Sup Forums play fighting games?

Does Sup Forums play fighting games?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mhO7Ifh9ABw
youtube.com/watch?v=8mAZa3WHPGI
youtube.com/watch?v=yWmkJ8uunsU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no

Obviously not, else they would play MvCI for an hour and realize it's a good game.

I mean not a good game

Original, unedited version, lest anyone fall for the bait.

>Smash in same leauge as all of these and lower than flippin' Mortal Kombat
Skill floor=/=skill ceiling. It's still pretty low, I'd put it at 80-89.
Also, kick MK down to Tekken leauge.

This is bait

Original, unedited version, lest anyone fall for the bait.

>Vanilla MvC3
>GG VF and Tekken at the bottom
>Smash and Naruto game are on the list for some reason
That's some shit tier bait OP, I know this place is filled with casuals but that's just down right stupid to think that someone would fall for that

Lazy. You didn't even bother to change the descriptions. 1/10 is the best I can give you.

In my dreams I'm playing rising thunder

>GG VF and Tekken
>not bottom

1/10 made me reply, put some effort into your bait next time

anyone knows that smash bros melee has the highest skill ceiling. Its not the hardest to git gud at though.

Smash Bros has low IQ character and high IQ ones, it would span at least all bottom 3 slots.

>somebody somewhere unironically agrees with this list as he goes back to streaming blood roar CPu Tournaments on twitch.

>anti-Capcom Sup Forums is so desperate to hide the truth they impersonate other posters.

Is Waku on all of these as some weird joke? I love the game but I have seriously never seen a thread about it here ever.

Anyone who's been exposed to more technical, more dynamic fighting games will quickly pass on tekken. Other top fighters, namely Street Fighter, MvC and MK have advanced impressively in their latest installments; but the relic that is tekken just can't seem to evolve, furthermore many combos can be done simply by hitting 1-button, and the nearly "instant-kill" rage art moves are just laughably broken. Instead of a supplying a proper fighting engine, matches in T7 seem to rely heavily on "who can get their rage move off first". So many elements of the gameplay don't even require any sort of skill. In my book, slow motion over and over again also gets old very quickly. And in the end, it's more of a novelty or gimmick rather than an actual, thought-out fighting game mechanic. But hey, the casual crowd will be pleased!

If you want something a little more "button-masher-friendly," tekken might be your cup of tea.... Key word, might.

The non troll version of the image actually says that in red type. see Some butthurt skullgirls furry keeps editing it out though.

The distinction should be made between Melee and Smash 4. Completely different games.

It's kinda hard for there to be a thread about an ancient fighting game with only like 5 characters. Fighting games come as a genre, not as a single game.

Its pretty obvious this one is bait

oh yeah thats pretty accurate. SSB pro fights might not look pretty but the technical level behind them is insane. All while casual players would get fucked in any other fighting game.

There were a handful of threads on it a few months back when it got a Switch rerelease. That's about it.

lmao USFIV is extremely beginner-friendly

Oh yeah that probably helped it some. Felt like I was introducing that game to a lot of people back in the 2DF and GGPO days of online.

>there are people who still think MvC2 is higher skill than MvC3

I can't name this arcade fighting game. I only remember one character though. It was a dude in a leather biker jacket who had white emo hair and red freddy krueger knife gloves. Pls help.

If X-Factor didn't exist and assist were more vulnerable I might agree with you

How do you get into fighting games if you are a brainlet who can't do a simple combo?

Was it this guy?

Makes me think of Kuro, but he doesn't wear a jacket.
>image for ants, etc, etc

>it's another nubi thread

every fucking day.

Start with Street Fighter 2/ST and just focus on using moves at the right time.

Why can't you combo?

for fucks sake how many of you actually play fighting games

Rom loops are harder than anything in mvc3

I have lousy reaction times and get confused easily. I can memorize some moves but when it comes to actually using them at the right time I will sperg and just mash normals

Got ya, yeah stick with SF2 and would actually recommend Samurai Shodown series as well. Both games you don't need to know much combo wise to do well.

A lot of modern fighters are pretty combo heavy these days, but they all tend to come with combos for every character to help you learn. Just have to put in some time and develop the muscle memory.

>guilty gear
>easy

what the absolute fuck

>tfw want to learn how to play games like guilty gear and kof and be half decent, but have absolutely nobody to practice with/teach me the ropes

>mashing buttons for auto combos is hard

>kusoge like last blade 2
>no ST
>garou (LOL at this utter kusoge)
>jojo and alpha 3

this list is pathetic, sick of seeing retards who don't play fighting games go at it with their babby tier lists

In what utter backwards fucking reality is Rival Schools harder to master & a better game than VF5?

>Any Capcom games above SNK games
>GG below them and below SFV
>Tekken at the lowest

Holy shit someone delusional who has the "what I play is harder" mentality and cannot use any logical reasoning made this.

>playing game in easy brainlet turbo modo is not hard

>ST
>Good
Pick one

you haven't even played half of that list, you are just parroting shitty opinions you have heard

I've seen this pasta before. Its kinda rare maybe 3 times in total.

In what backwards fucking reality is vurtua fucking fighter 5 a good or hard to master game?

I want to punch the retard who made this list.

Sup Forums is literally the worst and most inexperienced site on the planet when it comes to fighting games

Should check the vid generals GG Not too sure if there are consistent threads for KOF though.

that image was made to make people angry though so it's sadly working

which bloody roar game is the best?

You got me. Nice Tardy Counter.

yeah, this is a dumb list. i used to play 3rd strike and tekken in tournaments. now that sf is kind of shit, a lot of the guys i used to play with are coming over to try tekken. every single one of them finds tekken more difficult than any 2d game they've played. i think the main reason is that in 3d games, knowing when it's "your turn" takes more knowledge and practice because of the ridiculous amount of commands you need to memorise properties for. in 2d games, you typically have a block string you use all the time, and mix it up with some overheads and grabs. if something in your block string hits, you can typically (but not always) finish it (or most of it) and go into your combo. if its all blocked, you reset to neutral/spacing. in 3d games, "your turn" can continue or end in as few as one or two "moves" depending on their frame advantage.

people that think tekken is simple and "just juggles" honestly dont know how to play.

I have no idea but I had the most fun with 2 and 3.

he kept trying to go for an option select reversal that covers both sides instead of just blocking and got punished for it

what would I expect from a retard that thinks bloody roar and alpha 3 are good games though

I'm not that guy you are replying to, I just came to the thread, I have no fucking idea of what you are talking about but you are definitely one of those guys who parrot that fucking trash of "if I don't like it it is bad" and should fucking kill himself

It was neither of those dudes. This shit has been bothering me for a long time.

>not posting an actual pro match

>Just block Claws wall dive and punish it

2d fighting game?

give us more info

Wait what game is is he from?

keked hearhily

no.

-last blade 2 has braindead infinites and the game is completely busted, it's literally "muh sprites! muh scanlines!" the game.
-garou has parry that lets you hold BACK, which makes it totally safe unlike 3s parries. also kevin is completely broken, he hits you once and you are dead. kain, butt, and jenet are also totally broken.
-jojo's is a meme game for weebs on ggpo that nobody takes seriously, even the people I know that have played it admit it's bad, it's like the fist of the north star fighter
-alpha 3 doesn't even need explaining youtube.com/watch?v=mhO7Ifh9ABw

>I have no fucking idea of what you are talking about
believe me, it shows.

Rival Schools series, Project Justice

it was bait to proof that you haven't even played half of them

imagine thinking guilty gear is harder than blazblue

>Just defend is "parry"
Yeah he was right, you are a clueless retard who just parrots shit.

Its pretty hard to want to play GG when BB exists to be fair.

lol

you can guard cancel with it, AND it gives you life, AND it gives you meter, AND it gives you more frame advantage

it's way more powerful than 3s parry ever was

This is how you spot someone who gets all his fighting game "knowledge" from Sup Forums shitposts

>its way more powerful
so?

Mashing buttons against your little brother is not "playing in tournaments"

why don't you defend those games instead of "arguing" like a child

nonono, you don't get it

we are not going to argue with you, we are mocking you

more powerful than 3s parry with less risk = SO??? WHO EVEN CARES BRO. DEM SPRITEZ

someone that doesn't even play fighting games 'mocking' my opinion on a videogame, anonymously

how can anyone recover from that

When you come up with something valid someone might defend them

>Smash players are casuals
>A Smash player won the Capcom Cup

>doesn't even answer the "so?"

>muh "muh spritez"

because SFV is for brainlets too

the guy who won capcom cup wasnt a "smash player", he played smash on the side

that is the equivalent to saying an MVC player won evo, if Leffen won melee at evo

stop embarassing yourself

so whats with all the love for bloody roar on this thing, i've never played it but it just looks like ekken with a transformation mechanic

Is Tekken the Smash of 3D fighters? I read this post again and I realised that if you changed the game's name it applies directly to Tekken as well. The same top players every time with an identical grand final in 99% of tournaments, extremely low player retention rate to the point that every competitor is in their 30s or older and been playing since 3/5, a solved game where no new tech is ever discovered and no exciting plays get made. Legacy factor counts more than anything else. No top Tekken player has ever been competent at another fighting game, likewise people who dabble in other fighting games don't bother with Tekken. The series is visibly more shallow and poorly designed than the rest of its subgenre. All things it has in common with Smash.

Is this Tekken's legacy after 20 years? The equivalent casual party masher, just in 3D?

>so?

Because at the high levels of garou, the game becomes a turtle-fest where everyone inputs guard cancel option selects constantly, then a kevin hits you once and you die. JD is far overpowered as a defensive mechanic to the point where it breaks the game.

>looks like ekken
HAHAHA

No

nah

>Because at the high levels of garou, the game becomes a turtle-fest where everyone inputs guard cancel option selects constantly

Dude! Want more smash in your face? There's plenty of space up in space!

come on senpai, that's retarded
there has been new tekken games coming out and different shit while melee is fucking melee

where will DBZ fighters end up on this list?

its hilarious how you spouts shit that you don't even need to play the game to know its not true

jesus fuck, I only had to search on youtube "garou tournament"

youtube.com/watch?v=8mAZa3WHPGI

literally the first vid I found when looking for high level garou, it's a constant turtle fest with GC every 3 seconds

some western shitters on ggpo is not a legit tournament and you should know that

At least the same two or three people winning every tournament shows that a game has depth. Right now Saint and JDCR are the best Tekken players for a reason. They're the only two people who have reached the highest level, and every time you think they've mastered the game, they get even better. No game has more depth than Tekken because you can always improve at it in ways other fighters don't offer.

>2005

>some western shitters on ggpo is not a legit tournament and you should know that

youtube.com/watch?v=yWmkJ8uunsU