You will arrive along the old thread. It winds with a troubling, serpent-like suggestion through the corrupted board...

You will arrive along the old thread. It winds with a troubling, serpent-like suggestion through the corrupted board. Leading only, I fear, to ever more tenebrous places. There is a sickness in the ancient pitted shitposts of the old thread and on its writhing path you will face viciousness, violence, and perhaps other damnably transcendent trolls. So steel yourself and remember: there can be no bravery without madness. The old thread will take you to hell, but in that gaping abyss we will find our redemption.

Other urls found in this thread:

darkestdungeon.com/darkest-dungeon-presents-the-color-of-madness-dlc/
arnaud.rocks/darkest-companion/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Vestal - Jester - Flagellant - Hellion
The self-sustaining party for crimson dungeons. Vestal has group heals and single heals, is able to try and stun enemies (not likely since every crimson enemy is very stun resistant) when not healing. Jester is obviously either going to stress heal someone, or buff the entire party with his best offensive buff in the game - boosts everyone's accuracy and crit. If neither is applicable, Jester applies bleed to position 2-3 or both of enemies comp. Flagellant can either bleed the enemies or the heal his party while healing himself, or provide supplementary stress healing - he can make everyone survive better or just make the Jester work that much more efficiently while tanking damage and stress. The Hellion, with a correct build, is able to hit every enemy position while being on the frontline herself. With a huge crit chance and decent base damage, she is the ideal frontliner suited for dishing it out while capable of getting herself out of death's door with adrenaline rush. It is the perfect self-sustaining party for those hours-long crimson dungeons which just beg you to throw entire stacks of heirlooms to waste while keeping couple of food and torches available just because you dont't want to waste yet another week returning into this shit hole of a mission.

REMIND

Brb, going swimming in the sea

>60 weeks in
>Dismas dies

Time to start over

MANY FALL IN THE FACE OF CHAOS
BUT NOT THIS ONE
NOT TODAY

Can anyone even imagine this game without Wayne June? He makes this game what it is.

Any good up-to-date beginner guides?

terrifying

TRINKETS AND BAUBLES

Nobody told me there was a Dragonslayer/Ornstein mod now. Holy shit.

Continue the onslaught.
DESTROY
THEM
ALL

There used to be a big image with everything you need. Party comps, trinkets etc. But I don't have it, you can look it up

this just happened to me too

fuck Wilbur

The beginning is the easy part. Have fun while you can

>tfw waiting for switch version and new dlc

BACK TO THE PIT

What's Sup Forums's opinion on this cutie?

The slow death
unforeseen
unforgiving

>new dlc
wait, another one?

Why are Plague Doctors suicidal little fucks? All of them died because they refused to be healed. The poor Houndmaster died trying to protect one.

darkestdungeon.com/darkest-dungeon-presents-the-color-of-madness-dlc/

The party composition your rolling isn't suited for them.

I never have a problem with my plague doctors dying.

leper 2.0

So a very useful character that shitters hate?

>tfw legitimately terrified to fight against the swine king
what comp should i use?

Arbalest with the flare ability to remove marks
Healer to deal with the damage the swing king deals
Two heavy damage dealers to fuck up the swine king
Hope Wilber RNG doesn't kill your heroes

NO YOU IDIOTS

If you have at least 3 corpses in your graveyard (Dismas + 2 others in your case), the game will randomly trigger the resurrection even during the beginning of any given week.
So if only Dismas is dead, get him 2 more corpses for company (lvl 1 canon fodder for example) and wait for the resurrection to happen. You will be able to select one of three randomly selected dead heroes to revive.

exactly
i just hate the lack of mobility on both classes
but i think the seraph's mark ability compensates the mobility

>Fanatic stops appearing once you've killed the Countess
That's good but I actually want to beat that piece of shit for once
Shit's impossible

I used Arbelest/Vestal/Crusader/Leper

flare works wonders in this fight and off heals are also nice. vestal does exactly what you think, and the last 2 tank for days while dishing out tons of damage

make sure all of them have heals because death's door means literal death because of this faggot

Who's your favorite party member?

Houndmaster. Always Houndmaster
Thrall can come too but mods don't count

Is there any class mod that is actually balanced?

It seems like that most class mods are just there for a fun run, but most of them are either way too OP, or UP.

Musketeer.

>only have 3 people dead so far anyway
well this works out. thanks for the tip, friend

is the event absolutely random?

I really like Plague Doctor, but I finally got a Shieldbreaker and she's growing on me

Yup
Just try not to lose anyone else until then

how do i get arbalest to work? she's often too slow for me, and everyone i recruit starts or ends up with a negative quirk that mitigates whatever speed she has

>is the event absolutely random?

Yes.
If you're trying to actively push for a resurrection, you need to spam missions that do NOT trigger quest related events though, like "Caregiver's Convention" for a "collect medical supplies"-mission.

she's meant to be a boss killer more than anything

to start, just give her speed trinkets to have her actually hit stuff earlier, but when bosses come around, have her go for straight damage, healing, or both.

she's a bit of a chore to level up, but a good off healer if you're not confident in your current team's survival

Real quick, is there a maximum for how many districts I can build?

So far I have the bank and puppet theatre, can I eventually build ALL districts or is there a cap?

I can build them all if you drop enough blue print

You can build them all eventually
They're just so expensive and you won't build too many unless you focus all your resources on them or you go full autism and try to build/upgrade everything like me

How do I trigger Wolves at the door ? I've killed all the bosses except for the countess and didn't start The Darkest Dungeon yet and I'm still waiting for this event to pop so I can go the mind at peace

Grandpa+Any Healer makes this fight a joke.
Grandpa will soak majority of hits. Occultist can lower his attack too, making him a pussy.
So just get any decent damage combo. Party does not even get shuffled, so you can use Arbalest or leper.

You must trigger in the options how many events you get.
The default is you getting almost nothing.
Beware that raising the frequency raises the chances for Shrieker as well

For dungeons, use multihit for backline or her bola to fuck up formation. For some of the tougher encounters with lots of HP, take advantage of marking. Also, good as a secondary healer.

For bosses, marking does not really work due to their multiple actions, so heal or just raise standard damage for pecking.
For some encounters, her mark removal is great (mostly in the weald)

I want to hang this in a museum

>Take level 1 Occultist on an short apprentice Cove level at week 50+
>other three are decked out level 3's and can win the entire thing on their own, the occultist is actually useless
>Occultist gets bursted with stress and becomes Abusive
>he criticizes literally everything his allies do despite them crushing the opposition and says they won't be alive without his help
>my resurrected healer gets an affliction solely off of his autistic ranting in a short dungeon
What a fucking piece of shit

Is there anything better than having an absolutely abyssmal dungeon run with all of your party constantly on death's door, only to have your delirious, half dead bounty hunter become [vigorous] and fucking crit the evil boss nigga down with a 46 damage pure hate powered axe to the fucking face and saving the day while everybody else is busy bleeding out and almost getting heart attacks?

i thought not

what resurrection? It's been a while since I played this

SOOTHED
sedated

Is there a party build/suggestion guide?

I come from a planet where you can google shit.

honestly, just think about what teams would do better with each other

just know that keep bleed characters away from coves and especially ruins, and keep blight characters away from warrens and especially the weald

and just don't make your occultist your ONLY source of heals

3rd courtyard really hated my vestals.
Fucking chevaliers and their mega crit spikes with bleed.

>unlucky fucker gets trap damage in the first hallway and then crit-ed in the first battle
>well fuck this is awful
>get fucking virtuous on the stress check
>steam roll the rest of the dungeon

LADS
can i get the crimson court district unlock event if i activated the dlc at week 20?

PAID FOR IN BLOOD

>Is there a party build/suggestion guide?

I'd say that depends on the mission and where you're going, doesnt it?

>ruins
>PD, vestal, X, crusader
>enemies dont bleed, but they suffer from blight.
>enemies take extra damage from crusader, because they have unholy attribute

>cove
>PD, occultist, X, X
>enemies hardly bleed, but suffer from blight
>occultist does extra damage against eldritch (fish monsters) and can hit their retardedly annoying backlines

>weald
>bleeders (HM, jester, flagellant), ocucltists, bounty hunters, X
>enemies are fairly blight immune, but they can bleed easily
>bounty hunter and occultists can pull fungal artillery and other annoying shit to front lines where you can kill them before they shit DOTs all over your party

>warrens
>bleeders, bounty hunters, X
>enemies are fairly blight immune, can bleed easily
>bounty hunter and HM do extra damages vs humans and pig monsters, just nuke their backline first before your party gets shut down by too many diseases from those like vomiting pig monsters

or just go here, a bit outdated but still good if you're not loolking for crimson court party comps:
arnaud.rocks/darkest-companion/

Having a Leper go rip and tear is 10x more satisfying.

>if i enable the dlc can i play the dlc?

>decide to have a go at the necromancer, first boss bungeon i ever did in the game
>can't remember the setup but it might have been vestal-grave robber-bounty hunter-crusader
>shit fucking blows up right from the beggining, terrible rolls, everybody at 70+ stress
>every fight is a fucking Bataan death march
>barely get through to half the dungeon, decide to rest up and just heal as well as i can, then just do a room or two and retreat
>party raises like a phoenix from the ashes
>power through the resst of the dungeon like it's nothing, every fight is quick and painless
>second to last room, decide to fuck it and have a go at it, everybody healed up, max stress at ~40
>get into necro room
>first turn suprise and stun
>second turn stun
>fourth turn stun
>can't summon more than one skeleton
>destroy him like a complete bitch
>mfw during the fight

not quick enough

I love how these threads start with these sorts of edits

not official/10
would not recruit

>might have to wait til May for Color of Madness

That fucking filename.

>you will never darkest dungeon on your phone

>The old road will take you to hell, but in that gaping abyss we will find our redemption.
DD's storytelling, narrator and general athmosphere make my peepee rockhard. The fact that the gameplay is so painfully mediocre makes me want to cry

>MAA
>Abomination
>GR
>Occultist
is this good for the first darkest dungeon quest?

musketeer is best girl and the only female character that is willing to be sacrificed

did she died

>>MAA
>>Abomination
>>GR
>>Occultist
>is this good for the first darkest dungeon quest?

You need a stress healer for DD1 otherwise you're at the mercy of affliction checks.

Musketeer makes me really sorry that I dont have the backer's edition of DD...

>storytelling

Eh. The intro is awesome, sure, but after that it's just four or five rounds of "local man ruins everything."

just get the skin in the workshop, lol.

my town event has given me a +15% virtue chance, my GR has a -5% virute chance but no other champions have quirks or trinkets that reduce virtue chance

Well the actually story is pretty uninspired, but the presentation is nice

Curiosity, interest and obsession - mile markers on my road to damnation.

When you get a powerful Reynauld striking down the Heart of Darkness before you deaths door and 198 stress Dismas gets struck down in the face of the void.

nigger, give them virtue trinkets or take out that GR for a jester or houndmaster

you will NOT get through that shit if you have an abomination adding to your stress levels.

You want an ability that heals stress (so a Jester, Crusader or Houndmaster) for DD1 because there are a few fights where 2-3 enemies are dishing out high stress and it only takes a bit of bad RNG to have someone reach 100 stress early on in the level.

is this a real mod?
pls respond

Last room on this failed long champion run.
Poor Plague Doctor and bounty hunter got raped by unlucky crits with bleeds.
But my Vigorous Leper are carrying me trough this.cleared 2/5th the run with this beast and my masochistic occultis now.
good thing my bH and PD had quite shit quirks at least.

The lone survivor in the end.
Fucking occultist decided to off himself.
Fucking faggot occultist not at least getting killed by enemy hand.

>Taking Leper to the cove
>Taking Leper at all
You did this to yourself my man

>Leper: Spare the others, I am ready.
Man, he really always draws the short straw

be glad you didn't fight that faggot crab thing with high bleed and prot, or you would have died

you got lucky

>Leper