Graphics/Performance or Content?

Are you a graphics whore? Prefer the better music? Or you rather have more meat on your plate?

>yoshi island snes or gba
>disgaea series
>earthworm jim (whatever version)
>old doom (same)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=opoR6ShXgjU
youtube.com/watch?v=08kVtJJa6fk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

GBA version of Yoshi is bad mostly because of the added voice samples. Switching to the Yoshi's Story voices was a mistake.

Compared to the crying baby, they are no big deal, besides, the new levels are worth the constant screeching in my eyes (and ears)

i prefer art direction over graphics

This is more about ports than remakes, but I agree, art direction>graphics

I hated the OoT voices in ALttP too, really out of place.

>soulless
Congratulations on the first meme post in the thread.

There shouldn't be a compromise, the game should perform well, look good and be packed with content.

The OoT voices in ALttP were awful, and to enjoy the new dungeon you had to beat the multiplayer on a gba, fuck that

PC soundtrack for both Earthworm Jim games was fucking kino and if anyone says they prefer any other version they are deaf.

youtube.com/watch?v=opoR6ShXgjU

It's a little bit early to cherry picking doesn't?

I didn't know they added voice samples until I saw raocow's LP of the Mario 3 port. It's fucking awful.

I played the game on a flip phone (java), that ost sounds glorious

A video game is a mix of gameplay, visual art, music and writing. It's how well those things support each other that defines how good the game is generally, but obviously there are cases where one element is so good and refined it overpowers all the others and makes it so the game should only be judged based on it.

I don't actually know what to think of remakes anymore. Or even remasters that change lighting. They often replace the visual elements with something that doesn't quite belong like the original.

just fuck my shit up

>Tfw only play the GBA remakes of SNES games when emulating

GBA version had a brighter palette because the screen was so dark in the original model.
The ALttP port thankfully had adjustable brightness so it doesn't look so bad even on a backlit screen. Wish more GBA games had that.

This was before the SP.

Performance. I don't care if the game has PS1 graphics as long as it plays good.

They should have added in Black and White Yoshi like they did in DS.

>that half-baked attempt at "consistency" by porting the SMB2 Luigi sprite to World
>it doesn't even fit with the style of World so it just looks awful at all times
>in-flight cape sprites look particularly awful.
It's neat that they changed some aspects about the game up when playing with Luigi, but the sprites are just terrible.
Not to mention the fuck up in adding the cape to SMB3

youtube.com/watch?v=08kVtJJa6fk

Same music and levels as sega cd, no?

Gotta be 18+ for this site, kid.

>Earthworm jim 2

quit posting this shit in every thread, autist

now compare it to green mario from original cart release that more than 3 people actually owned back in the day

I replayed EWJ2 recently and it really was much worse than I remember it being.

Games are a lot like relationships to me

You gotta have a minimum graphical quality to want to give it a shot. Games like FF7 are basically beer goggles. Amazing and novel when you're young and impressionable or otherwise low on judgement and don't have any other options or point of reference, but when I look back on them with higher standards they just look awful and I can't imagine replaying them in that state.

What keeps you hooked and replaying is content and gameplay, and particularly beautiful music is the difference between "dating" the game for a few years and "marrying" it for the rest of your life.

>expecting people to get a dating analogy
Do you think anyone here has ever gotten laid?

I have. I completely get what he said.

I prefer good games. Yoshi's Island, Disgaea, and Earthworm Jim are shit games regardless of their graphics.