Half-Life 1: Ultimate alien research facility on crack

Half-Life 1: Ultimate alien research facility on crack.
Half-Life 2: Commie blocks.

How did they think this wouldn't be a disappointing transition?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mpCv12q6fFI
youtube.com/watch?v=gx4qXl8kPBI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

exploring a vast city is pretty fun

>vast

HL2 is probably more linear than HL1.

you're only in the city for about a quarter of the game
part of what makes HL2 interesting is all the different environments including a zombie-infested town, a bug-infested coast, a maximum-security prison, the citadel itself, etc.
linearity isn't inherently bad

HL2 has:
>Canals
>Mining Town
>Old Highway
>Beach
>Prison

Ravenholm was not a mining town.

Half Life 1
>A lab
>Some tunnels
>The one surface level everyone hates
>The alien level everyone hates even more
Half Life 2
>City 17
>Canals
>Ravenholm
>Highway 17
>Nova Prospekt

I think Half Life 2 is an inferior sequel, but environmental variation is not the reason why.

>Kill headcrab, well that was fun.
>Look at these really nice barnacles you'll never see again.
>Shoot infantry
>Shoot infantry
>Teehee ant lions! More ant lions!
>No grunts, fliers, bull squid, icyth or
>Oh no the sand is lava, member?
>OH boy driving section!
>Oh boy ammo count halved and you will never use the pistol again!
>Look at this hand crafted gimmick gun puzzle!
>More forced gimmick gun!
>Teee hee final boss is just obvious gimmick gun section!

I blame Slavs, slavs were spawned by niggers.

why where there mining headframes all over town and why did the chapter end with you jumping down a mineshaft into a headcrab infested mine then you idiot

So can anyone explain to me how you're in New Mexico in the first game then all of a sudden you're in Eastern Europe?

Did they just happen to decide to move everyone from Black Mesa to Europe?

Go read Raising the Bar and you will see that HL2 was gutted during development. The final product is like a quarter of what was originally planned. They even had most of the original concept done but they scrapped it for no reason.

YES!!

>Many awesome labs
>Fabrication labs with hazardous waste and sprawling areas.
>Tram with nice stops and secrets I still find today
>The awesome surface level where I was blown the fuck away by a fighting helicopter, alien and human aircraft dogfighting and bombing.
>The awesome low G alien area, bunny hopping and shooting a giant creature with fighting sperm.

youtube.com/watch?v=mpCv12q6fFI

Europe is boring

mug mug mug

Area 51 is still more interesting than a beach and a zombie town, pleb.

The art director of HL2 was Bulgarian.

I just can't help but wonder what the Combine did to the original Black Mesa and why picked some random Slav country as Earth's base of operations.

It was as far from ground zero as possible. The resonance cascade combined with the nuclear fallout of Black Mesa's demise made the entirety of western United States uninhabitable.

>>Tram with nice stops and secrets I still find today
lmao
Highway 17 was that concept but a thousand times better.

>move everyone from Black Mesa to Europe
most of the black mesa scientist were killed in HL1. only a few escaped (eli's crew) and made it to the new resistance hideout. The other citizens are just people who were brought to city 17 because that's the combine's major outpost

Is this canon?

>Shilling your garbage channel and opinions on Sup Forums

I would have liked it a lot better if you were given an actual weapon at your first encounter of an enemy instead of a crowbar. Would have made it feel at least a little bit like you are fighting a damn though enemy that managed to take over all of Earth in a couple of hours instead of some dumbasses that lets you hit them with a crowbar until they die.

>posting your shitty video again

>The resonance cascade combined with the nuclear fallout of Black Mesa's demise made the entirety of western United States uninhabitable
Multiple nukes have been tested at random deserts in burgerland and nobody noticed.

I used to drive around trying to see where Lost Coast would have come in. Best I could guess is somewhere around the area of that random flying whale fight with the blocked cars. Feels like a replacement.

Oh look a neatly placed rocket ammo box that respawns rocket ammo!

Oh look handcrafted blockage for the gravity gun! Hyuck!

Thanks for the you's slavs!

Nah. You can't launch a cool rocket in Highway 17. You can at the very end of Episode 2, however.

I think aerosolizing the billions of gallons of radioactive lime jello that BMRF liked collecting underground might have a bit more impact though

>oh look a handcrafted blockage for the satchel charges!
this is how retarded you sound

That's not really how it happens. They realize who you are and start trying to kill you, but you dodge through a trainyard. The guys you kill for the pistol were making their beating quota and did not expect someone who could fight back. Then you start gunning them down. That's about two minutes after the crowbar.

The rocket launch in ep2 was so bad, in half life 1 it was great because the launch was aborted and it was shedding a very small shaft of light on the xen shit going on.

Half-life 1's story was dry as gin.

How many times did that happen? I only remember one with some boxes at the top of an elevator. Every Gunship and Strider fight had a conveniently placed box of unlimited rockets somewhere because explosives are the only thing that damages them.

the satchel was created for dumping in elevators, vents and through windows.

>Sup Forums contrarians are only 15 years old
Wowee who would've guessed?
Also this is now a Hl2 mod thread, The Citizen was pretty cool

Yeah, all that shit going up, not to mention reactions with their other weird shit like the xen crystals you're implied to have been fucking with, and all those experiments.

I remember a video showing Gordon, Adrian, and Barney's journeys with an overhead map and radio chatter and PSAs for ambience while showing an onscreen body count. At one point a PSA says everyone living within 50 miles of Black Mesa needs to get the fuck out NOW. Some facts were wrong,but that was scary shit.

All of those sound effects were added by the guy who made the video, I don't think they came from any official source.

Modding was HL2's only saving grace and even its shit because every source update ruins it.

I did say they were for ambience. It's all the onscreen human deaths from playing the games I never thought about.

youtube.com/watch?v=gx4qXl8kPBI

>PEOPLE SAY HL2 IS THE BEST GAME OF ALL TIME AND I'M NOT TRYING TO TAKE THAT AWAY!
>but hl1 is better
He sounds more concerned with appeasing HL2 autismos than making his point.

>HL1+ expansions
ludo kino masterpiece that set the bar for FPS
>HL2+episodes
mad gay, some techdemo shit that couldnt run on my 480

EYY FREEMAN

I think at the time hl2 came out secret black ops research labs with the whole "it turns out the military are here to cover up not help" trope had been done to death.

The 1984 alien occupation thing was p interesting at the time. In retrospect I think the first game is superior in setting and just about everything else.

maldraw said otherwise tho

>anything related to a resistance group is communism
because it's not like commies had dictators themselves

Because HL2 slavs are numerous and do not understand things so you have to talk submissive to them lest the chimp out.

FULLY

It's more like the game is in Eastern Europe.

Is this homo 15 years old? I think that HL2 is worse than HL1, but this fag sounds like huge fag.

BUMP FOR GET

MODELED

MODELED