What happened? Was it overhyped?

What happened? Was it overhyped?

>Overhyped
There was no hype, it was a silly youtube bait game

The Youtubers got to it, thus children attached to it because of the edgyness.

I have never heard of this game. What is it?

Yeah I think the children ruined it, making it less scary than it could of been like in the original trailer

it's garbage, that's what it is

It was a stealth survival game developed by Dynamic Pixels and published bytinyBuild. It wasn't as good as expected

This. Same thing that happened with FNAF.

>It was a stealth survival game
when i saw that survival my brain already filled the blancs with zombie and crafting open world. Games really fell out of their grace.

They removed any and all subtlety in favor of pandering for youtubers.

Is this supposed to be a big deal?

It's looks like a pretty cute idea; running around a big house unlocking more and more doors to get further, while the person living there is trying to find you
I've heard it's clunky though

Do you mean Neighbors from Hell

Fuck TinyBuild.

it was a game about trying to get into someones basement while avoiding and "adapting" AI trying to keep you out, but then i saw more recent footage and the house is 200 feet tall with rail road tracks, you get a marry poppins umbrella and the neighor is nowhere seen on these higher levels
what happened to this game?

I've watched John Wolfe play at least 3 betas of this shit and I still don't understand what the point of the game is.

Game released and was a buggy piece of shit, literally even worse than some of the earlier alphas. It was a cool idea ruined by lazy devs who ate up the youtuber popularity.

Really sad, too. I was personally kind of excited for this game after I saw the initial concept. Then it came out and I read the Steam reviews. What a disaster.

was super disappointed by the huge building not having any meaning and being in the basement showed nothing other than simply being the end of the game like a finish line.

no

Edginess ruins everything. Like, Carol of the Bells is the main Christmas song now because it's way more edgy to like a song in that tone compared to Jingle Bells or something. Now that's the one you hear in 90% of Christmas commercials for the past ten years.

I like Carol of the Bells. It's pretty.