This was easily the best game I played this year. What was the best game you've played in 2017...

This was easily the best game I played this year. What was the best game you've played in 2017? It doesn't necessarily have to be from this year.

Meruru is the best Atelier, I absolutely adore her design
Arls itself had great aesthetics too

Hidari's art is very good, but Dusk didn't click with me as much

How does her game stack up to the other Aterliers?

>mysterious series

I thought those threads would be more popular than this.

How old is she supposed to be? I like to pretend she's 12.

There was an atelier feets thread before but they usually don't get popular unless the OP is a shitpost.

But this isn't an atelier thread. It just kinda turned out that people wanted to talk about the series.

>reading the OP

It's been 6 games since 12 year old Totori's game, and she's still the sexiest MC. When will Gust make another sexy MC?

Ayesha is the most beautiful MC.

She's not sexy though.

>expecting even a semblance of quality from nu-gust

Bloodborne

i saw that

She has the best game too.

Firis was their only bad game. Well and maybe YnnK2. I haven't played that yet.

The twins are kinda sexy. They're 14 though instead of 12.

I appreciate them shaking up things every trilogy but the Arland trilogy is easily the most comfy.

Also seems that the more in depth the alchemy system, the less satisfying it is. I always feel like I'm cheesing the Dusk trilogy.

Tiny crowns worn at an angle are amazing.

>Firis was their only bad game.
Ayesha was the start of mediocrity though it had good art. Mysterious games belong in the trash.

>Firis was their only bad game
>play Sophie
>thought it was mediocre and even more braindead than EschaLogy/Shallie
>Sup Forums keeps saying Firis is an improvement
I'm so confused.

Ayesha is the best one so you're wrong.

>twincest catered to next
I should have known they'd sink that low eventually.

Nioh Divinity 2 Total war warhammer and the MHW beta were the best games I played this year.

Does this game have a timer (on both tasks and cauldrons)?

Ayesha alchemy system is a step down from Meruru which is still the best.

They need to stop making it so simple to use skill combinations to get best attributes on items, makes the mid to end game far too easy.

Not gonna happen but I'd love a cake atelier.

Also wish they'd do different style series in parallel again. I love the series but I want more variety than just a continual evolution of the current mainline.

I don't know. It's a week away from release though.

Alchemy was a slight step down but the rest of the game more than made up for it. Meruru isn't even the best Arland game since Rorona Plus is a thing.

No other atelier game so far has meruru beat in terms of progression. Developing your own areas is such a genius gameplay mechanic it should've become a staple of the series. You actively work with your alchemy to enhance gathering spots, which means that the better alchemist you become the better materials you can collect. Ontop of that you help your city grow which can also positively affect the gameplay.

Vita atelier sale WHEN
Haven't even played the games but I want to.
>tfw Sophie is $90 for US physical
Why are the US versions so much more than the UK/EU versions?
I don't want that pegi shit on my case dammit

Felt Rorona+ was a good evolution of the system in Meruru whilst still going back to focus on regular tasks.

Atelier Shallie Vita on sale never

Rorona plus uses Meruru's system. Kingdom development had greater gameplay impact than running errands for 3 years. The post game year of rorona is good but it's tedious to get to it.

Also bugs me how fucking expensive the Steam versions are. Gotta given them (some) credit for going back and patching in full resolution 2D assets after 'feedback' though.

Shame the series has moved away from the Vita in the west.

£20 for a physical copy is great and the series is a perfect portable title.

Rorona+ didn't have any of that. The only effect you had on gathering areas was obstacles that required certain alchemy items like bombs to blow away some rocks or a bomb ice to freeze a lake. If the tasks from atelier rorona had any actual effect on the gathering spots then I would agree, but the only thing you can do to improve quality and quantity of materials is harvesting gloves and tonic.