Rimworld Thread

Instant Infestation Edition

please take it to /vg/.

Shut your fucking whore mouth, you stupid cunt.

>People discuss videogames
>pls go to /vg/
>all thats left is console war shit posting and Sup Forums posting

Fuck you

Should I build in a mountain?

How about no.
Free bump.
>Rimatomics STILL NOT update to v18

Building into mountains tends to lead to infestations. If your roof is mountain roof, they can spawn, be it your freezer, a bedroom, wherever.
And bugs really like to bite fingers and toes off.

how do I get metal early game?
I only ever land with enough for solars, battery, and a couple of heaters.
It took me two years my first game to research electric smelters
The tutorial map gave me a nice chunk of steel to mine but my other maps never have that, and it never lasts for more than a handful of temperature devices.

Steel should spawn plentifully on maps, unless you're playing mountainous in which case you'll have to dig like the big weenie hut jr that you are.

Also deconstruct spaceship chunks for steel and components.

Pretty much mining. Have colonists dig in strips like OP to seek ore, though you could space them out a bit more. Two years sounds like a lot for smelters, so maybe you should check if your researcher is using all of their time to it. The research upgrades are worth it too.

I forgot about spaceship chunks. My last save got them nearly every season but this colony is a year and a half without seeing any.
It's a hilly taiga and I found only a handful of tile of compressed steel. I take it you usually have more than that?
So if my hills don't have any steel in them I'm more or less fucked? I'll give it a try anyway. It's going to hurt my tism a bit removing all the landscape features. I probably just suck.

If your map runs dry, then trade or send a caravan out to create a mining outpost.
Also the downside of strip-mining is that if you get bugs there will be a shit ton of 1 tile wide hallways full of bullshit. I always dig out 4 wide tunnels.

>most of the thread on Sup Forums are just shitposts
>finally a thread about a videogame
>"plz guyz stop"

Do you guys like to stuff all your workbenches in one giant room with two toolcabinets or do you just say fuck the cost and just build more toolcabinets and section off say the weaving and art section from the machine shop or low tech workbenches from the high tech workbenches that get researched later and make a whole new room for?

It's gonna get worse in a couple hours.
8000 more posts and it's 4000000...
time.

Guys, I need help with power, how do I manage to power a colony? I try to set up batteries but they seem to blow the fuck up once a month. I'm getting fucking sick of this shit.

Did you roof your batteries?

>400000000
Watch it be something stupid or Sup Forums related like "MAGA" or "i hate niggers" or "sjw games suck ass"
Honestly the mods should just skip over it just to laugh at all the people trying to get it.

Yes, every time after the first

wind is shit don't bother. Solar and Geothermal is best. keep a full battery or 2 disconnected from the grid, zzts only affect those that are connected.

Like the other guy said, roof them. And don't place them all next to each other so you avoid a chain reaction.
I always try to steal big gets for slow boards, i managed a few decent ones and it's fun to watch angry tards flock to /cgl/ or /u/ and shit up their threads.

google "rim world maintenance mod"

RT fuses

one of the best mods out there

You can avoid massive short circuit explosions by placing them behind switches that are turned off when you dont need the power

Do they explode out of heat for you or what

Daily friendly reminder to fuck off to /vg/ with this trash general discussion.

Coin/Ingot mod when? I want to melt all my silver so I don't have this shit lying around everywhere.

can you tell the monster hunter, Zelda, Pubg, xenoblade, secret hitler, morrowind, nier, and new vegas guys to fuck off too?

man I fucking hate videogames

Go back to Tumblr, sweetie

Go back to Sup Forums, faggot

I usually do something like this, except I'll switch off the battery bunch after it's full.

M-muh poll, if everything scares you then just leave and go somewhere safe, sweetheart

90% of threads are marketers, shitposts and non vidya and you complain about an actual vidya thread, fucking children

Yes, just be prepared to burn everything down to kill bugs.

Why does everyone call eachother sweethearts now thats gay as fuck can you stop.

Well as long as you make sure they dont get wet or overheat they shouldnt explode

I usually try to get thermal ASAP so i dont have to worry about supply either, I think massing batteries isnt worth it

Wind is nice because it has a small footprint and you can stick it next to solar panals.

Always go for aesthethics. Id rather go the extra mile to make sure shit looks good and works rather than minmax the fuck out of everything.

First game, got a comfy little self-sufficient setup. Tried to capture then recruit a guy but he rampaged, broke the door of the prisoner hut and started fighting the local wildlife. Had to put him out his misery.

r8

How else do I get new people? Only other one I got was a person escaping from pirates (the pirate was the guy I captured)

Housefire/10

You can capture and recruit space refugees who fall into your map or a wanderer can join you randomly

either through luck with escape pods or just recruit people that you fight

also try to keep everyone out of idle, have them chopping trees or mining for resources or something, there's always work to be done

>all wood
>no batteries
I suppose when during a volanic winter when all your power fails and you have no reserves, you can burn your base down for warmth.

>How else do I get new people?
just wait for raids and have a prison ready to capture and turn anyone who survives, if they have decent stats

I have 1 battery. It exploded in the rain outside and I've moved it inside.

I've been trying to keep them busy. Mostly just waiting for research so I can produce more things.

I'm planning on rebuilding in stone or metal when I can but there's trees everywhere so it's wood for now.

Can someone tell me what this game is about? it looks interesting.
The way I see it, it's some kind of Prison Architect management style game with Dwarf Fortress' adventure mode combat and damage system.
Also that one retarded wojack story

>there are people who actually bought this

I pity the stupid that didn't pirate this.

This is worth from $5 to $10 max. It's fun? Yeah, but only with the ride mods and tweaks.

The vanilla game itself is kind of bad and the devs have no idea what they are doing anymore.

it's basically sci-fi dorf fort with no z levels

How's life in your third world country? Your grasp of English is about as firm as your grip on a steady paying job.

Word. AAA games should cost $200 if they were reasonable as Rimworld.

> mfw I finally caved in and legally bought the game for 39:500COP

I regret nothing. I already got my money's worth.

WHO'S GONNA WIN? PLACE YOUR BETS GUYS THIS IS HAPPENING LIVE

Is Jackal a trap though?

the workshop makes it worth the money

auto updating mods is the best thing about the game

I pity you and your kind, endlessly begging for workshop rips

I was going to argue with you guys since I pirated Rimworld, but then I look at some of the dumpster fires I've actually paid for compared to this actual good game and I'm like "Yeah, maybe it's worth it."
But I don't play it nearly enough to warrant buying it. I like lurking these threads more than actually playing.

Nah she's a 21 woman, but looks like Goku was the first one

But no worries Loesch is doing it next

The sale can't come soon enough. Even if it's a 25% off sale I'm definetely buying this game.

What are some must-have workshop mods?

not cool dude

it's never going on sale because it's never going to leave early access, tynan has said so before

Yes it was on sale one day, I saw it at 23$ m8

why would a person do that, just go on the internet and tell lies?

nice

send a prisoner to carry some things in a caravan, upon arrival back at my colony my pawns unloaded him but now he's just wandering around the map
help

nvm im a retard, just select a warden and choose "take to bed"
don't drink and thrive

>More quasihuman races - dwarflikes, elflikes, and others.
>elflikes
why?

>rimworld becoming some warhammer shit
I would be okay with that

>sjw games suck ass
>stupid
ok honey

other two aint stupid either tbqhwufsenpaitachi

Is there a small mod that makes "executions" on hunted animals instant? It's retarded that a fucking turkey or some shit can be unconscious on the ground and my hunter is point blank range and still isn't smart enough to just blow its fucking head off.

Wait you can force prisoners into caravan to carry stuff?

I don't know why I bothered taming all those advanced intelligence animals, when I can use human scum for that. They are wasting my fod waiting for slave trader, but now they be put to more use.

For killing and comfort slaves, duh

But it was like 2 weeks ago. Not now

Is Combated Extended worth using?

>mfw not a single trade caravan or orbiting trader has passed by in literally 1 year

FUCK YOU RNGESUS YOU ARE A FAKE GOD

Why is hauling so shit?

I have a huge farm and every time someone harvests it, there's huge amounts of shit that sit there for days. I've got my cooks wasting an hour walking to the fields and back to the stove to cook. When I set hauling as a work priority for someone they end up walking to the other side of the map to haul back a rat corpse. I have to manually shift click on my crops to get them all hauled and it's a pain in the ass.

>historic lowest price
>29.99

Pack animals don't require you to bring food for them, as long as the tiles you're passing over are flagged as "animals can graze now", and the stronger ones can carry like twice the weight of a human.

gets the robots++ mod or hardworking animals, or both, hauling bots and cleaning bots make the game much much better

There's an unstable version for B18 now that "functions". A few things still don't work like mortars and grenades.

one of my mods adds a "finish off" option to downed animals that is just a one hit melee kill

either animals logic or the allow tool

Do you have Jackal as a comfort prisoner or something? I can never get my colonists to use them

I want to create the kind of bionic nightmares I see in the thread, but as soon as I start hacking off limbs and replacing them my colonists' moods plummet. How (besides keeping them on drugs 24/7) can I make it so neither my doctors nor patients go insane in the process?

Use manual priorities.

>not knowing sweetie posting

you should only get mood debuffs when you lop off prisoner limbs

are you try to augment your colonists or your prisoners?

I hate to say it but it's time

Colonists. Am I doing something wrong somewhere along the way?

show a colonist's mood page so we can see what's going on

also

Does marsx work with b18?

What's the best implant to give somebody with Alzheimers?

A bullet.

How to fix frail?

Is the death and replacment for pawns only solution?

I think tynan considered making lucferium counter aging symptons but I don't think that's a thing yet. Not much you can do in vanilla about getting old.

invest some time in making stone blocks to replace wood, so your base doesn't burn down.
this should keep people occupied for the time being

Yes, I had it.

But after those 2 consecutive rapes she break out and I shoot her, and died, so welp waiting for next human raid.

Stop playing this shit game, probably you idiots never lasted more than a couple of years to see how bullshit the AI storytellers are in lategame

Post more pics of your base. I want to see where you fucked up.

Guys how do I make mortars?

I've researched it but I can't seem to find a bill for it in the machining table. I can only make the shells.

I also fucked up at the part where the game becomes unplayable without devmode because caravans stop working because of countless bugs

>Just 3 years in
>Lets 2 of literally the slowest mob in the game enter his base

Git gud you weenie.