youtube.com/watch?v=w_woaOKRmew
youtube.com/watch?v=_oWpjxRsST0
youtube.com/watch?v=ILubqx68mYs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the keyblade chooses the owner with the purest heart

at the time, Sora was a lil bitch

Donald and Goofy are shit! SHIT!

youtube.com/watch?v=YiXs0mUsg_c

This scene was more kino and can never be topped, literally the only time in the series it had some sort of character development and showed Sora growing up.

>This scene was more kino and can never be topped

Doesn't help the poor guy had his memories fucked with. Anyone would have trouble growing after that.

>tfw Sora is the main protagonist but he's not even qualified to be a keyblade master even after all this time

I like when stories do this. Turns out you're not the "chosen one", someone else is

And when the whole "chosen one" schtick is actually bullshit

>Game calls it key"""blade"""
>It's a fucking pole on a handle with a Mickey mouse key chain

If you enjoy these games you're
A)Definitely probably gay
2. Turbo homo
c) enjoy snorkeling chodes
E)super not straight F)a polehopper
G)a smidgen of a fag

Sora's not a Keyblade Master. Riku is.
Sora didn't even really know how to actually use a Keyblade before 3D I believe.

SUBMIT

What's ironic is that Riku ended up being much more competent than Sora and even ended up as a Keyblade Master while Sora didn't.

Nothing wrong with being gay friendo

>literally the only time in the series it had some sort of character development and showed Sora growing up.
Reminder that KH:CoM is the best character development Sora's ever had, and the only time he's ever acted like the hero the series wants us to imagine him as.

Except this was already the plot of the first game and sora earned the right to be the chosen one by proving that riku is a big fag in in 3D it was just even further shitting on sora and building up riku because of fujo money

Riku is older and more mature so it's natural that he would be a keyblade master. Sora is still a fucking jit, I mean his crew is fucking Donald and goofy.

Donald was totally going to let Sora die. It's not enough he's useless in combat, isn't it? Fuck that guy.

>sora stop falling into the enemy's obvious trap
>I gotta follow my heart!
>even roxas tried to wake him the fug up with his depressing life
>riku overcomes his darkness and obliterates ansem and young nort

Gotta say I liked the part where it was just you and Beast. Two punished warriors, on a quest for redemption...

Me on the left

That's because Nomura destroyed Sora after CoM. Now Sora for inexplicable reasons is too dumb to live, doesn't have his common sense, he's also incapable of reflecting on things occurring to him, etc. Which explains why it almost looked like Sora was dwelling on Xehanort ruining his test in 2.8, but "Nah just kidding time for nonsensical smiles!" Fuck Nomura. I really hate that man. I would gladly let Kingdom Hearts die as a series if it meant Nomura can't ruin Sora anymore. And same to Tai Yasue (Nomura's boyfriend who helped ruin Sora in DDD).

You know it;s amazing how sora could still beat heartless even without the keyblade with the magic he learned along the way.

not him but you're wrong

>spend the game as a delivery boy
>actual chosen one got fucked up midway through and turned evil
>delivery boy keeps the mcguffin so long and becomes so good with it that it chooses him instead
>delivery boy uses mcguffin to save everyone including chosen one
>chosen one, by virtue of being chosen one, develops his own magic superpower bullshit
>mcguffin ends up basically duping itself and spawning a whole bunch of over-powered magic bullshitters
KH would be cool if it weren't fucking dumb.

Only because Nomura was desperately trying to damage control Riku being a shit rival and pathetic bad guy. Sora saved the universe twice.

Aren't keyblade appearances supposed to be based on the wielders heart? So why does Sora have a Mickey mouse chain on his keyblade? is the real Mickey trapped within sora's heart?

>Having to listen to Riku speech "KAIRI'S HEART REST WITHIN YOU" at least 6 times because you can't skip the cutscene back in the PS2 days

Why was he so difficult? Shamefully admit he got me on the PS3 HD version as well, only once, but fuck, I thought I had that fag's number.

dream drop distance sucks

Don't think too hard about the chains.

YOU'RE NOT TAKING KAIRIS HEART

I unironically liked Riku. Your typical white hair antagonist.

"Sora's" Keyblade is actually Riku's Keyblade, which is why the color scheme matches Riku's design.

3D Riku is the best design

Is that riku fight still bugged on the remaster?

COME GUARDIAN
SUBMIT
COME GUARDIAN
SUBMIT

I'LL USE THIS, SIN'S HARVEST

>Nomura could have easily just made him exactly like Sasuke
>Gave Riku actual character development instead

I still to this day can't beat sephiroth

DUAL WIELD is the most kino kingdom hearts moment

you don't need a sharp edge to cut something

How the fuck do you cut with a pole on a handle

What? Even in KH 1 he can use ragnarok and ars arcanum where you can clearly see light bullshit.

from KH1 or KH2?

>Descend, Heartless Angel
Fuck that shit, I will never hear him say anything besides Sin Harvest in KH1. That's an infinitely cooler name for an attack than what it actually is.

maybe those are techniques that he can use with wahtever weapon, not just his keyblade.

>Riku is older and more mature
meanwhile in KH1 sora was the reserved one that thought things through, wasn't even willing to hang out with D&G without prodding, and actively called out riku for being a moron trusting the heartless, while riku was the headstrong one full of idealistic dreams he chased without thinking things through and constantly making bad choices

A year and shitty fujo-centric writing sure can do a lot.

When you see it

People can say whatever they want about KH, but they have to admit they got a nice way to delivery their kino moments.

I only tried 1 recently

Sanctuary > Simple and Clean

They're just lame Naruto ripoffs

This scene is why BBS fucks with me so much. Because in KH1 the keyblade is sentient. It has the ability to choose its wielder. But in BBS it says that a keyblade wielder needs to have the ability passed down from another keyblade wielder. Riku got it from Terra, Kairi accidentally got it from Aqua, and Sora got it because Ventus's heart is squatting inside of his. So what was all that stuff about the keyblade needing to choose someone? This never happens with any other keyblade.

Riku was there on both of those occasions.

Why is Terra such a humongous failure

I took it more as Riku growing at a fast rate while Sora mostly stayed the same. Riku has been through more shit than Sora even if some of that shit was self inflicted.

Then DDD makes him the chosen by housing everyone's dead souls "just because."

except sora didn't stay the same, he became more retarded over time

Also Sora was in some egg-pod for a while

Have you guys tried using the square button for blocking and rolling?

What was your reaction to the ending of Kingdom Hearts as a teenager?

youtube.com/watch?v=w_woaOKRmew

OK i'm sick of pretending like I know what everyone is talking about. What does "kino" mean?

The thing is the story of BBS isn't bad as a concept. The problem is how its executed.

>Terra you must learn to control the darkness
>Terra feels darkness swelling up but controls it by turning it off
>Terra you don't know how to control the darkness

So I can see the set up in why Terra would start to look for someone else to trust but Xehanort basically told him to do the opposite of everything his master said and Terra doesn't even question it.

>I can't wait until the next game
followed by
>God I wish I had a Kairi of my own

I made until that final shot on the beach then I creid

>Dude Riku, givin ya one more chance to come back to the darkness. you in?
>Fuck you old man, i'm darkness free now.
>kicks his ass TWICE

>Sora, you may not be Sora and [cryptic bullshit]
>What the fuck?!
>[muffled voice]Sora, don't follow the dreams!
>Follow the dreams? OK!
>Pffhaha holy shit you actually fell for it

That's why Sora failed.

>Love the paopu fruit on Kairi's Keyblade because of what it signifies and represents
>But the actual design of her Keyblade itself is fucking awful

I don't know, I watched my brother play through KH1 but he was an underleveled shitter that couldn't beat Ansem, so he never actually beat the first game.

I saw the secret trailer and thought it was the sickest fuckin' shit ever
and I wish I had a friends like Riku and Kairi.

>holy fuck i actually beat him
>what's that door?
>where the hell are they walking now? a field?
Followed by extreme disappointment due to not being able to afford a PSP

Least you had as much as you did. Because I had a GBA but no PS2 so I ended up getting CoM before I got KH1 and 2. Picture that.

the exceution of BBS is fine outside of one thing, the entire point is that everyone besides xehanort is a dumbass that does dumb things because they're a monk with a bit too rigid code of conduct but also cares too much about xehanort as a brother to actively oppose him, or three apparent orphans who have been raised by him

the only time the game really breaks is with aqua, specifically after the group fights that robot. in every route she goes on this rant about how she's "seen what [terra] has done" on other worlds and doesn't have a good impression. Except that this chronologically the only things she's seen is cinderella talk about how great terra was and the most obviously evil person in the world say very vaugely that he did some bad things

It's the scene that causes terra to split off and trust xehanort and leads to basically everything bad in the whole series, and it doesn't make sense because aqua hasn't seen anything to warrant this reaction. You can''t even read this as "being the only one that got the master title went to her head" because she legtimately has nothing to work on.

Everything else is just people doing dumb things because from their perspective they don't see the consequences the player does.

Sora didnt got his keyblade from Ventus, its only allows him to dual wield. This it what happened.

>Be keyblade, get passed to riku
>Still a child, no need to show up for a while
>World goes to shit
>Welp, good time as any to help the kid dont die or something
>See pic related
>Oh
>You know, might be good idea to materialIze to the kid that isnt full edge
>Have many merry adventures saving the world
>Suddenly Riku realizes the gig is up
>Force you out of the less retarded key
>But less retarded kid heart proves stronger, takes you back
>All is well

There is still some weird symbiosis between Riku's new keyblade and Sora's. In the Xemnas fight they can use each other weapon without dissapearing.

Feels

>mfw was at my friends place when he beat the game and unlocked the secret trailer
>mfw it was the first time both of us saw it
Queue the 3 year wait

Magic.

>tfw no kingdom hearts collection on vita

Appearances are based on the chain.
Not sure why Riku has a Mickey Chain, Terra wasn't that close with Mickey iirc

I'm pretty sure anyone who is a keyblade wielder can wield another's, it's just Riku was more skilled during the whole Hollow Bastion part. Vanitas controlled all those keyblades in the keynlade graveyard after all.

I can't remember where but aren't keyblades with chains different than those without

Dude, it's totally Kairi's mom
>suddenly fucking Roxas
How long did we wait for BBS again?

I felt like crying.

But when I watched Kingdom Heart's 2's ending I did legit tear up.

youtube.com/watch?v=_oWpjxRsST0

I recently replayed it and I didn't remember it being so emotional

>tfw Powerline will never be a summon

No Capes

I thought we were going to the far off future back then. Ironic I guess

The keyblades in the graveyard are dead.
I think the only time we see keyblade switching is against Xemnas

>tfw no song mini game like atlantica but with Goofy, Donald, Sora, Max and Powerline all doing a dance number on stage

Why even live.

>can never be topped
Xemnas and Ansem's confrontation is objectively the most kino moment in the entire series.
youtube.com/watch?v=ILubqx68mYs

>WHEN YOU WALK AWAY
>mfw

So when will THE Kingdom Hearts be actually relevant to the plot again?

He was an antagonist the first fucking time and was too busy edging the second time around to do fuck all until the end.

W-We're back

....You're home.

;_;

Oh right I forgot that.
Still doesn't tell us if it's just with Riku and Sora or if it's a wielder thing

KH3 is war against Xehanort which may summon KH if it goes according to his keikaku

KH3. It's funny because besides for BBS, the entire KH series has been Xehanort trying to find a shortcut to Kingdom Hearts only for DDD to happen and him to suddenly think

>Why am I going through all this effort when I can just time travel to get the real one

Of course then we have to talk about why he would try to take Sora when he needs a certain number of light warriors and nothing is really stopping him from collecting another version of himself through time but whatever. I choose to believe him absorbing Terra has made him stupider which is why he keeps fucking up all his plans.

I can't even reply correctly

this series is so fucking cringy

Still technically Sora's Keyblade?

>cringy
cringe

>Xehanort absorbing Terra has made him stupider
I'd believe this. I'd also believe that Eraqus deliberately set Terra up to fail so that Xehanort would sabotage himself by stealing Terra's body

I was a little mad they didn't just finish the story. They could have wrapped up everything in 1 game. Now you have to play, what is it now? 5?

I miss the days when games just fucking ended.

Now it's been something like 15 years and they're finally releasing KH3. Disneyshit and games for kids don't sound that fun to me at 30 years old... and the kids who play KH3 for the first time have to backtrack through these old games. What's the point?

JUST END IT