Games that happened

Games that happened

A very solid improvement from Lods of the Fallen.

Good game, I'm thinking of getting the DLC.

The DLC will be dope, the game is as good as Nioh and I am glad developers are trying to develop games similar to the Soul series.

Lords of the Fallen wasn't even THAT bad. It had some missteps but it was still an enjoyable Souls style game, albeit not even close to the best in the genre.

It was a good game.

Tier list of Soul styled games (that I've played/beaten):

>BloodBourne
>Dark Souls
>Nioh
>Dark Souls III
>The Surge
>Dark Souls II
>Lords of the Fallen
>Demon Souls

fight me.

Ranking demons last is controversial, but I agree with you.

The leafs shall inherit the earth.

I hated Lords of the Fallen so much, the tech was terrible on PS4, the game was extremely short and I thought the moveset was really uninspired. The characters were grating as well.

What I liked about The Surge was that it had an interesting setting for a Souls-like game, going away from medieval stuff, and that it changed combat in clever ways, like the dodge up and dodge down moves, the part break system, the drone etc. I also really enjoyed the level layout. My only problem was the lack of bosses, it had too few.

Anyone got the DLC?

>Demon's Souls that low
>Dark Souls II that high
>Nioh above Dark Souls III

No

spotted the pleb

As long they make good games like Cuphead, it is all fine.

Garbage difficulty. Threw everything that made souls fun to learn and just went the trial and error route. Don't know if they nerfed shit but I beat it on release and from the 2nd boss and onward it was miserable.

Setting was nice. Leveling design as ok beside the repeating copy/pasted vent shafts.

Okay but if it was something like tokyo souls with cute little girls as the characters you'd be praising it fag.

Lords of the fallen was AWFUL

> shitting on Tokyo Souls
wew lad

NEVER EVER

>Demon's Souls that low

Its overrated my man

>Dark Souls II that high

I agree wtf it should be last with Demon Souls above it.

>Nioh above Dark Souls II

Nioh is better.

Let it Die could be something like this, but f2p p2w ruined everything.

Dark Souls III, not II

ds1 and 2 at the top
nioh 3rd
dont really care where the other games go

There is nothing p2w in Let it die though.

You can't even buy your victory in that game, it just really becomes grindy after level20, wheter you spend anything on it or not. Paying only lets you skip the extra grind you have to do if you fucked it up.

It was dead a day after it came out. I'm still upset because it had so much potential.

It's better now, there's much less grind, they added 20 new floors and 4 bosses.

The Lawbreakers of its day.

Demon Souls has style, for visuals, music and story. The Surge is just boring all around, even if it's gameplay is more polished than the very first souls'.

/thread
honorable mention

The Surge's artstyle is just fucking lackluster though.

If this game would be some true "mecha souls" it would be a dream came true, but instead you are playing as the most generic marine dude with bits of metal attached to his limbs here and there. Even the lategame sets just look garbage.

it was a great game too

>Its overrated my man
>so that means it's the worst fucking game ever, even worse than some rightfully panned 6/10 game, even though it has objectively much better gameplay
you are fucking retarded

I like it. Nice and industrial but not wholly without variety.

no. It had great artstyle, but horrible gameplay

That''s just your opinion man.

I have great memories of this game and have it on my steam wishlist since I lost the disc.
Somehow never actually go and spend the 5 bucks on it.

>triggered over an opinion

Whose the fucking retard here?

People very unfairly criticized it for some very stupid reasons, such as the whole "lol u can't die" angle, despite the fact that messing up a parkour sequence forces you to restart it anyways, which is the equivalent of dying. I guess it makes the combat pretty casual though, but regardless the combat is one of the weaker parts of the game. The world that was built and the art style was very impressive, as was the voice acting and story. It did a lot of things right and it's a shame it got shit on so much for not being a clone of SoT.

I have to agree with Personally, I loved the game. I loved the exploration, the story, and especially the characters. The death thing was not a big deal for me either.

I replayed it recently. I found that I have the same opinion, except that the gameplay was way too scripted. Most things were, quite literally, dial-a-move with your button presses. It lead to me feeling like I was on rails the entire time.