i like it too

It's good

Me too, can't wait for two

#metoo

>start new game
>make my dude
>get the party going
>get bored after like 2-3 hours

what's fun about this game and why does Sup Forums shill it so much? It's really fucking boring, unimaginative and bland. The combat is just a bunch of fucking auto attacking, the party AI is really bad, the graphics are awful.

Is it like new age fallout NV shit where everyone knows the game is pure garbage but shill it anyway?

No, because Pillars of Eternity is good and Fallout: New Vegas is shit.

The story is good
The fucking healing is plz stop.

Like really I can't fucking heal? Why not make healing a process instead of gating me from fucking healing at all? This is JUST AS BAD AS THE FUCKING ARMOR IN WASTELAND.

I do as well op

If you're not just thrilled by the idea of exploring the world with your band of adventurers it doesn't have much to offer. Very much like BG1. It's all about exploration with very little in terms of a driving narrative or focus on story/characters/character interaction.

This board belongs to Edér now

are you a retard

Ok

It’s pretty comfy.
I just have a hard time getting through because it gets rather boring to play for long stretches of time and the loading times.

what's wrong with that dog user

it was pretty good.

I thought the story was pretty good, even if it was rushed and felt lacking in the second chapter.
And there are some companions with really good banter. Couldn't see myself playing this with customs.

>the party AI is really bad
i remember individually controlling each member of the team and frequently pausing, is this not how it worked?

They added the ability to have the A.I. control party members (or your entire party) in a patch. I finished the whole game without it.

>let the game try to play itself for you
for what purpose?

It's a perfect complementary to browsing Sup Forums. Alt tab when you change areas, write a shitpost and alt tab back.

>pausing the game over and over again to issue individual commands

this sounds really fucking awful

For many of the main story trash encounters

Your first RTwP?

it was pretty great

>S Tier
Durance

>A Tier
Edér
Pallegina

>B Tier
Kana
Hiravias

>C Tier
Sagani

>Shit Tier
Aloth

>Absolute Shit Tier
Grieving Mother

>Shit Tier
>Aloth

where does iselmyr rank?

Iselmyr's alright. Wish I could switch between them like God/Dog in F:NV.

Also I haven't played the DLC so I didn't include the new companions in

how dare you?
how come that whenever a thread about it pops up, there is not just people who simply say that they do not like it, or do not understand it, but they always move to denigrate it immediately?

who chanter blob here?

Yours? Every rtwp had simple script

ok in that case

>S Tier
Zahua

>Shit Tier
Maneha

>Absolute Shit Tier
Devil of Caroc

>what's wrong with that dog user
nothing. tilt your head, the right eye is the nose, nose is the eye and "tongue" is the ear

>S Tier
Durance

>A Tier
Zahua
Edér

>B Tier
Hiravias
Pallegina
Sagani

>C Tier
Everyone else

>D Tier
Grieving Mother

>E Tier
Kana Rua

>F Tier
Devil of Caroc

perhaps, but when you have learned it you do not even think about it anymore, and turnbased games become dreadfully slow and unresponsive.

Not good enough. A good RPG has a villain that you hear and see every step of the way. A threat you constantly have to battle. Not a shadowy organization pulling the strings with nebulous consequences. In that aspect the Leaden Key is just like the Iron Thron minus Sarevok.

Which perfectly ties into my main gripe with the game: All you shit that you do, all the places you explore, all the monsters you fight and the gear you find feel very much for the sake of it. It's what you do in a PnP campaign so it's what you do in a cRPG. But the one part that makes a PnP campaign fun, that a cRPG can't imitate is party-GM interaction. Yes, you're fighting and exploring and looting and leveling but you're always bullshitting with your friends. That is what makes the dice rolling actually entertaining. And, unless the game just has a massive fucking budget or is purely text based, that is what it will never be able to deliver.

For Pillars to actually be a good cRPG it would have to constantly hit you over the head with story. You arrive in a town and witness something, then you investigate and find out the Leaden Key is behind it and you help out or not, then you move on to a different town and see something similar etc. All while your party gives their opinion on the situation and their own interests(quest).

>turnbased games become dreadfully slow and unresponsive
why do you have to say retarded shit like this

>deflection
It is okay, you can admit to being unbale to cope with it, doing more than one thing at a time is not for everyone.

Fag

>meme tier
Durance
Zahua

>pander to fag tier
Eder
Aloth

>Pls shut the fuck up tier
Kana

>zzzzz tier
Sagani
Pallegina

>Shit tier
Devil
Maneha
Grieving Mother

Thaos did nothing wrong.

For some reason I started thinking that Pillars of Eternity has a lot in common with Fullmetal Alchemist. It's also weird because Edward Elric's English VA voices some characters in The White March Part 2.

How far in am I? I just got to the big city and made friends with the bird paladin

why do you go straight for ad hominem instead of attacking the statement with an argument of your own?

>
>It is okay, you can admit to being unbale to cope with it, doing more than one thing at a time is not for everyone.

ok here's my argument: no they don't you faggot

poor guy is so retarded he doesn't even know how to quote properly.

>S Tier
Wael

>A Tier
Berath
Galawain

>B Tier
Hylea
Magran

>Literally Who Tier
Abydon
Ondra
Rymrgand

>Rekt Tier
Eothas
Woedica

>Bitch Tier
Skaen

You're at the shittiest part. Defiance Bay sucks. Anyways, if you're not playing the expansion, then that's about halfway in. If you're playing the expansion, then approximately a fourth to a third.

Really? Halfway through? Shit.
I don't even know where the expansion is

why is berath so high? and abydon in 'literally who' tier? did you play the white march?

you will be 'summoned' to the white march after you have spent some time in defiance bay

Berath is a chill dude who just keeps the cycle of rebirth going. doesn't fuck things up for mortals, doesn't try to be a heroic god.

>Didn't even make the tier lists Tier:
Maneha

I felt that Berath's choice for the ending made the most sense, I was also influenced by his sweet ruins and shit. I didn't play the DLC so all I know about Abydon is he's the patron of the Crucible Knights.

what is it with aumaua characters and making stupid fucking comments every time your party enters stealth

What ruins?

>he didn't pick aumaua

>God of fucking renewel
>Rekt
Delete this, pagan. Besides, major white march spoiler, cant you already choose to revive abydon? Not a stretch to revive eothas is it? If he doesn't already have some self revival bullshit as the god of renewal

The problem seems more like bad voice acting in general. Both Kana Rua and Maneha's voicework is awful. Hoping Maia breaks the rule, cause she looks cute.

>make fighter
>become unkillable
Damn

>Ondra in 'Literally Who Tier'
nice

Honestly the only thing I fucking hate about this game is stronghold mechanics and quests being locked because you didnt know they were there, see crucible knight quests

>Make Priest
>Make every single encounter in the game twice as easy
Nice balancing

>quests being locked because you didnt know they were there
what?

Deadfire is obviously gonna get delayed. It's still half a year away, minimum.

This set of statues outside of one of the Glanfathan ruins, I think the one near Dyrford. Also his general lore and shit.

>make 6 chanters
>summon 18 skellies

Was she right?

Quests like the crucible knights and dozens lock eachother after you accept them, not even after completing them and doesnt give you a choice to turn later

jesus i thought the adra dragon was hard, the alpine dragon is seriously kicking my ass

10/10

so you want to work for the crucible knights even though you work for the dozens and they are really mad at each other?

To be fair, they do warn you that it's locking paths out, but it's in the middle of the regular dialogue and there's no special pop up for it, so it's easy to miss.

>mfw I ran around Defiance Bay accepting every quest I came across and ended up siding with House Doemenel.

I accidentally sided with the Dozens and went one hour of progress back, because fuck that. The Dozens are horrible.

the way the guy forces you to do the robbery sucks. I would've been perfectly willing to do it if asked, but him saying 'do it or my guards will wreck you' makes me feel cucked.

thats part of 2

eothas comes back and inhabits the giant statue of caed nua

You think ONE dragon is hard? Eh...

I tossed all the companions into the stronghold and went on adventures with a fully custom party. Your list means nothing to me.

>He intentionally missed out on some of the best writing in the game.

am I meant to be carrying a shitload of guns and switching between them, or is that a dumb idea

You're missing so much dialogue! How do you do it?

Its a very effective build. Paladins often start fights by using a high damaging gun boosted by flames of devotion to one shot something like a mage or something and then switching to melee since reloading takes too long. Theres also some ranged builds that have tons of guns and just spam them.

Specifically by missing out on so much dialogue. Don't currently give a fuck about characters I don't care about randomly throwing their life stories at me and slowing the game down. If I could I'd throw the whole watcher gimmick out the window as well. I just want to go on adventures with a custom party.

You are missing stronghold turns and exp tho

You've got a point with stronghold turns. Exp, not really. I only just went through white march I and have my four-man party at level 12. The main quest is still only just past the temple of woedica, so most of the game is still untouched.

In fact, you gain more experience if you have less party members, so you're gaining on it.

>A tier
>Nigger Bird

Hmmmmm

>end of game
>literally every god is an asshole with a retarded plan except galawain
>mah nigga WAEL comes in with the great suggestion to let nobody claim the souls
>go with that
>galawain and magran throw a tantrum, start setting crops on fire and killing innocents with rampaging beasts
>abydon, WHO YOU BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE, starts killing people with automatons

Why did abydon turn into a raging cocksucker? Why did galawain become a psychopath? Way to show you mever deserved those souls in the first place you cunts

Because you promised them! You swear you'd do right by them. They gave you a blessing for it and everything? Gods are assholes.

I don't like New Vegas but like pillars so idk what you are on about.

I looked it up and Wael doesnt do jack fucking shit if you dont help him out. He is the only non petty god

>God tier
Custom Adventurers

>Shit tier
Story NPCs