Fun, but inferior to 4.1 due to really mediocre design decisions

Fun, but inferior to 4.1 due to really mediocre design decisions.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cBz6XGtR8Jc
youtube.com/watch?v=zV6D42VNC6U
youtube.com/watch?v=sH_6iFYiryY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What don't you like? It looks extra fun compared to 4.1. Tell me about it? Do the NPC's "revive" from getting downed on all missions (seen some videos were they get back up between waves) or do they actually die like in 4.1. Is there a lot of Wing Diver weapons that don't require the charging up before firing still? Is Air Raider as fun as it looks with stuff being reloaded without having to equip it?

youtube.com/watch?v=cBz6XGtR8Jc

What they fucked up?

I was looking forward to Iron Rain more anyway, I just hope it has higher bug counts than what we've seen so far.

Wait, it's out?
Japan only obviously but it would be a shame if it wasn't that great just after 4.1 made a splash on PC and everything

Can i get a quick rundown?
Does it have a stable framerate?
Can you still autistically grind to infinity with armour?
Is the weapon collecting system similar to the previous games?
Does it have the genocide gun?
How many missions does it have?

>Does it have a stable framerate?
Hell no.

>Can you still autistically grind to infinity with armour?
Yes, but it's easier. All classes benefit from the armor and weapon crates you get. Likewise, all classes baring Wing Diver/ Pale Rider have a radius around them that collects items within that radius. Fencer's activates when you dash, Ranger's activates when you sprint (and can get an item that makes that radius always active), and Air Raider when your in a vehicle that isn't a robot.

>Is the weapon collecting system similar to the previous games?
Yes. They've introduced a new system where the weapons are not at their full potential. If you pick up a weapon you already own, that weapon will be upgraded.

>Does it have the genocide gun?
Not sure yet.

>How many missions does it have?
110 offline.

>Does it have a stable framerate?
Why would you want that when you could have more bugs?

>>/400000000/

I like the armor system sharing but not the weapon sharing. Feels off but that's just since I like playing as the class when I get my weapons.

Thanks user, it sounds pretty fun, I still havent even got around to 4.1 yet, i want to 100% 2025 and 4.1 before i get this one.
Sounds like something the bethesda devs would say.

>Yes. They've introduced a new system where the weapons are not at their full potential. If you pick up a weapon you already own, that weapon will be upgraded.

So getting duplicates doesnt feel as bad anymore but getting new weapons is still a grind

At least it isn't behind a loot box system like what is happening to paladins and their card system

>Yes. They've introduced a new system where the weapons are not at their full potential. If you pick up a weapon you already own, that weapon will be upgraded.

How many does it take to max out a weapon? are we talking 10, 100 or 1000?

This guy does a good job of explaining it.

youtube.com/watch?v=zV6D42VNC6U

can the fencer still dash cancel with javelin

Cmon user, Fencer can do better than that now

what is the fastest method of travel now?

>some airstrikes reload now
>the beacons now stick to terrain and enemies

Nope. Dash canceling was much better.

What ever class you are playing as is prioritized and you get more weapons for them.

Level design ranges from fine to bad.
There's a lot of it that is just "4.1 but with more enemies" and it really doesn't work. Too many stages end up being longer than they need to be and it's really easy to get annoyed due to the more eclectic groupings of enemies. For instance, they introduced a new type of Mutant, which is just an oversized pill bug. Their gimmick is that they roll into a ball and comically collide with you, causing you to ragdoll instantly.

On their own they're fun, but then so many missions are dependent on "go through this city and destroy the stationary teleportation ships." So, to take down one teleportation ship, you'll end up fighting a stream of reinforcements coming from almost every angle. UFOs, hornets, flying tadpole dragons, and armored ayys will chip your health away while pill bugs will ragdoll you as you try to find some time to aim upwards to destroy the ship. After destroying those ships, you'll have to fight another wave of UFOs and hornets who will either be accompanied by armored ayys or the giant, Queen bugs (which you end up fighting in every other stage of the game).

Also the armored ayys are really annoying seeing as they're infinitely more agile and tanky than the Hectors (which they and the frog people essentially replace). Their gimmick is that you have to destroy their armor before you can harm them, but as soon as they're introduced, they also introduce a new breed that has two layers of armor. Add to the fact that they usually come in groups of five or six, each carrying a flamethrower, minigun, or missile launcher, more will often travel from across the map, making that group of five or six a group of ten or twelve, and then understanding that you have to go through a horde of all the other varieties of enemies they slapped onto the stage; and you've effectively turned the game into a really poorly designed bullet hell.

Point is, they just decided to see how much shit they could slap onto a stage and ended it there.

From what I've seen of the game, why would you ever pick any other class other than Fencer?
>that boost jump
>same heavy weapons
>other boost shenanigans
How do other classes compare to Fencer in this?

Have fun with your tiny baby robot suit, I'll be over here doing the real heavy lifting

Balams are complete fucking garbage.

You don't need to be so jealous, user

youtube.com/watch?v=sH_6iFYiryY

Storm 1 Ranger or bust.

I enjoy kicking retards that insist on bringing Balams to every mission.

>plays EDF
>hates fun

To give credit where credit is due, the final boss caught me by surprise.

Don't worry. They're worse in 5.

>They're worse in 5

Please no, air raider needs buffs

>carrying a retard that refuses to use anything other than a big dumb robot
>fun

Pick 1.

you sound insufferable

I bet when someone calls a proteus you just walk away and ignore it

everything that is wrong with the edf community

god damn it why did I look

The Pillbugs actually ragdoll you frequently? oh boy that sounds worse than global defense force's Centipede killing your fps and ragdolling you with collision too. What did you find ~fun~ then since you put up with 110 missions? Also do you feel the weapon levels you had made those Invader fights worse than they actually are? Like how Blue sheild Hectors where in 2025/4.1?

I watched a few youtube videos of some japanese fag playing mission 28 that seems like brute force in the city, and he is playing a WD with what appears to be a mirage and a completely useless plasma launcher he never uses and doesn't help his teammates. It looks at least that balaam can get focused in this game without someone driving it to give you some extra armor tho

If I'm doing better without it or it's not suitable for the mission then yeah, I do.

Is there an English option

Haven't gotten the javelin yet, but I imagine you still can.

You can also get Power Frames that augment some of your abilities. Here I've got two equipped, letting me dash six times in a row and jumping four times in a row.

>The Pillbugs actually ragdoll you frequently?
When they're in a stage with a bunch of other enemies, you'll be ragdolled at least. They're usually slow, but they roll into a ball and that's when they pick up speed.
And they can also climb buildings, so they'll often torpedo into you from above too.

>you'll be ragdolled at least
You'll be ragdolled at least twice.

>i want to 100% 2025
Why would you do that when 4.1 is an enhanced port of 2025

Is this on normal? The damage seems low, but that bullet intensity is high.

Nope. JP only for now.

This was on Easy. Just wanted to demonstrate the Power Frames.
Also, enemy AI is super fucking aggressive in Inferno. Like goddamn.

I have diagnosed autism.

make some webms or post videos

Is there any Gold Ant/ Silver spiders type deal besides the red frog variant?

As a Fencer that so sounds amazing. So unfun pill bugs, weapon upgrading, and lack of level variety, what else mucks up the game.

>Is there any Gold Ant/ Silver spiders type deal besides the red frog variant?

I haven't run into any; however, considering that the green Ant variants from 4.1's DLC are in the game, I'd wager that the Gold and Silver guys are in here.

There's not a lot of scripted, AI intervention in the game, so there's no stage where you can hang in the back and collect item drops while the AI and scripted sequences complete the stage for you. Considering that there's a season pass for 5, notably less areas to farm, and how the ant hills were replaced by teleporation anchors (they stick out of the sky and spawns things around itself, so no more AFK farming), I wouldn't be surprised if they've got some farming DLC in the works that'll make use of the gold and silver bugs.

Honestly the Pillbugs don't bother me at all. In EDF 2 on Vita they did the same thing but the ragdolls in that game made you fly up and fall down to the ground. In EDF 4.1 Rangers recover quickly and Fencers can tech out of falls.

Poor Air Raider will probably get rolled on unless he's in a vehicle.

How are the AR vehicles? Still made out of paper?

I'm gonna take a guess and assume that the ending is text accompanied by static images again? I know the devs have a very small budget but you'd think they'd give you something more extravagant for completing 100+ missions

Is it already out? Is there an Asian Region version with English text I could import, or us the Jap version playable with no knowledge of moon runes?

That's really about it. The core of the game is fun, but stuff around it is just eh.
I will say that I was disappointed at how the new mechs, the Nyx, are just the Vegaltas with a different design.

Has the friendly AI improved? I see ai fencers dash around now but I want to know if they actually die or just get "downed" and get revived between each wave.

From the looks of it Jap version should be playable without knowing anything, there is a phone app you can point at the screen to get a basic translation.

Are the lightning tanks fun as fuck?

Why do you need english text though? There isn't really any story, there are no subtitles, and literally the only objective is to kill all bugs

Damn, didn't realize its out already. What's a decent import website to US? I can't use AmiAmi.

Does the PS4 pro effect fps or anything at all?
And where is the cheapest place to buy this?

Can I late join?
Can I sprint?
Can I organize my weapons by lvl?

>Has the friendly AI improved? I see ai fencers dash around now but I want to know if they actually die or just get "downed" and get revived between each wave.

Yes. Even on Inferno they can take down and weaken even the armored aliens, which is insanely helpful. And if that isn't enough, they can one hell of a beating, so they can be a key component in beating a stage thanks to how valuable they are as bullet sponges.

>Are the lightning tanks fun as fuck?
Haven't even gotten one yet.

I just bought PSN cards off of PlayAsia.

But I want a physical copy

Playasia still has physical copies too.

I tried ordering Gundam Breaker 3 there a while back and they couldn't confirm my address, but I'll try it again.

When is the PC release so I don't have to see it run like ass?

>Can I sprint?
yes but whats with the zoom?