soul edge
soul blade
soul calibur 1 (arcade)
>belongs in the garbage for the rest of eternity
soul calibur 3
soul calibur 4
soul calibur 5
soul calibur 6

oh yeah and its not chronicles of the sword or whatever gay shit you underage faggots call it
its real name is weapon master

Soul Calibur is a weeb fighter game.

If we're talking Nightmare designs, SCII was the apex. There's a reason it's a logo.

Gotta be honest famalam, I like Soul Calibur 1 the best, each successive game ruined Lizardman and Cervantes more and more.

post your fav soul edges

I liked when Namco included this reference

will he make it into vi?

Crest >>>>> Ears

SE

What weapon is that?

Always been partial to the P2 Soul Edges

2 & 3 are definitely at the top for me too. 4 & 5 lack...Something. And the lighting + ees of the characters are strange. (it seems like 6 is fixing that a bit)

III was the prettiest

But IV had Hilde, so...

>tfw no SC3 HD

You sure it's a reference and not just a similar design that happens to look a bit like it?

Would you look at that

>Soul Blade/Edge
Lots of stupid shit but was overall a pretty good game, a nice start to the series.

>Soul Calibur
Fantastic game, fixed many of the problems with the first game and refined and expanded on many mechanics, looked absolutely amazing for its time.

>Soul Calibur 2
Horribly dumbed down version of SC1, focus on a "wider audience" gameplay depth was removed in favor of adding guest characters as a selling point, many bugs such as Gstep and 2G make this already painfully slow game even worse.

>Soul Calibur 3
HORRIBLE game received zero testing has even more bugs than SC2, completely unplayable mess. the
>Arcade Edition
fixes most of these bugs and adds new characters.

>Soul Calibur 4
Fixed various problems with the series but added a retarded physics engine that had no place in a fighting game, this led to many infinite juggles and instant ring out combos.

>Soul Calibur 5
By far the best game in the series, goes back to its SC1 roots, ads depth and solid mechanics over stupid minigames, expands on many of the original mechanics, overall a great game.

>soul calibur 6
what?

Well yeah, anyone who pretends it is anything else is stupid, it's just that it got worldwide recognition unlike Dead or Alive.

Faggots are already bitching about certain mechanics from SCV being confirmed to be returning for SCVI.

>Welcome to the stage of history

>Top Tier:
SC5

High Tier:
SC1

Mid Tier:
SB/E

>Low Tier:
SC4

>Shit Tier:
SC2

>Ultra Shit Tier:
SC3
Any of that shitty single player spin of garbage

V had the best gameplay
III had the best extras
II had the best nostalgia fuel

Nightmare's design in SCIII and SCIV were pure fucking trash.

Subjective, I think all the Nightmare designs are good, with V, II, and III being the best.

No, very objective, SCII Nightmare is the pinacle of character design, no wonder it was Project Soul's older logo, and SCV's Nightmare heavily captalized on SCII Nightmare that's why it was good.

are they going to put sc6 GI on a meter?

GI is off meter for SC6. Already confirmed.

Source: Latest Famitsu article for SC6

2 had a better opening than 3 though, but I still liked both and 3 did have Crispy Freedude for Siegfried.

SC6 includes gastrointestinal mechanics? intredastng

I'LL FUCKING

I hate this feel.

3 had the best designs for Ivy, Tira and Xianghua.

SCII > SCV > SCI > SCIII > SCIV

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAHAHAAHHAHHHAA GASTROINTESTINAL MECHANICS SOOOOO FUNNNNEEEEEEEEEE

agreed

Chronicles of the Sword was great

instead it will damage your guard gauge instead

spamming it will now place you in the high way to hell

but how was it great?

all you really did was spam one move to get through the story because the computers we're idiots

he did say GI after all

Patrician taste. Don't know where all these shitbirds who hate SC3 came from. I never experienced all these meme problems everyone had, and I probably have at least double the playtime on that installment than most of these people posting.

>we're idiots

>he has double max hours of 999 hours

lol you have that much fun

Never played SC3, should I get a used ps2 copy?

I will always love CaS, and whe nit had unique styles. I will also always love Chronicles of the Sword and it's C grade Fire Emblem plot, but fuck man, SCV is absolutely the superior game. Even if Z.W.E.I. sucked, my series main Cervantes was wicked. Always wanted to learn Yunseong tho.

/thread

I just watched some of it on youtube. It looks really generic. Does it even include any of the regular characters or it is all just a bunch of mooks?

It had a few exploits that only compfags found and abused.
I have 3 digit hours on it too and never saw bugs either

New characters as far as the story goes but you could find characters from the "real" series and fight them but they were hard as fucking balls to kill

I love Soul Calibur and I've never even had friends to play it with

Dunno what's worse, having no friends or having friends that don't want to play SC

>hard as fucking balls to kill

>use iron sword/soul of seig
>spam A+B/A2B
>they cant do jack shit about it because retarded bots

They could 2 hit kill you and took 4ever to kill, also I was 12

SCI is my favorite but I enjoy the whole series.

This will forever be the best Nightmare

I hope the have a version of this costume for VI

TRANSCENDING HISTORY
AND THE WORLD

SE > SC > SC III > SC II >SC V > SC IV

Rock > Astaroth. If no more playable Rock, make Bangoo playable instead.

This is a prequel so I don't see Bangoo being in here

I like Siegfried post-nightmare mode. Having to redeem himself is poetic af

How edgy was Siegfried in the early games? The wiki makes him kinda sound like a creep.

Edgy how?

Also SC ANIME (with twink homo siegfried as MC) WHEN?

killed his father, deluded himself that he didn't and basically went insane.

Cervantes in IV was great though

Eh the sword looked like shit in-game

>anything > SCV
Wrong

>but muh story
Who the fuck cares.

>Who the fuck cares.
Actual fans of Soul Calibur, it turns out.

I thought he killed his dad AFTER becoming nightmare.
Damn

>but muh story
was it even bad? from the looks of what I saw on youtube it had the most story of any of the games.

At least someone has common sense.

No, it was a very generic story and the execution was okay. Boy MC was a twat though, and I hated his second fighting style. Pyrra is some GOOD SHIT though

Story was meh and it managed to not introduce the new characters they added while removing a shit ton of the old ones. That's what people hated

I also don't like story modes in my fighting games and want each character to have his own cinematic

Nightmare is one of the only super edgy characters who actually comes off as badass and intimidating.

The fact that he isn't an edgy emo human but literally an avatar for evil probably does the trick

He's on a phone

Best way to play SC3?

What do you mean?
Kick Abyss's ass with everyone then move on to CoTS as a slutty knight

Nope. He was being a little shit bandit leader and ended up accidentally killing his father. When he realized it was his father, he went insane and killed the rest of his bandit group, and convinced himself that somebody else did it.

He was looking for Soul Edge because he was convinced he needed it to avenge his father.

No wonder he made such a good vesselc

>tfw SCIII arcade edition wasn't ported to consoles

I fail to see the issue

I loved SC3 and all but was he the fucking lamest final boss or what?
Freaking Heihachi from Tekken 4 was more intimidating
youtube.com/watch?v=GzOSF3NmYiA

>muh capeshit fighter