New Vegas Thread

Finally got around to playing it and it's loads better than 4. Any playstyles or mods you recommend?

Other urls found in this thread:

hackmd.io/EYDgJgnALAxsDMBaAbMAhgRkbGFFoDMAGPZeAVnikIICZgB2CIA=?view#
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I recommend not becoming a jack of all trades. I recommend abstaining from things you dont find fun because you can usually get around stuff easily. Like you rarely NEED hacking or lockpicking, so if you dont find it fun, dont use it.

For me, I love plain ol guns. Getting This Machine is a bit of a bitch on a legion playthrough but the Automatic Rifle can be gotten early if you rush Dead Money.

Try to actually RP. Would a sex driven warlord ACTUALLY give the tops his weapons? Fuck no. Stop caring about min maxing for the sake of caps or shit. Play the game to its fullest and take advantage of the freedom it gives you. Siding with the legion? When you do honest hearts you better blast joshua graham's head straight off.

BUNNY CASS!

i just got fallout4 and i hate it.

IS there anyway to make that game fun? like do mods change the terrible pacing and difficulty?

When does this game get more open?
I've tried countless times to get into without mods (beyond QoL/bugfixes) and so far I've given up everytime just after the first town with the rollercoster.
It just seems so lifeless compared to Fallout 3 (I'm not comparing them directly, just saying how it feels). Like in Fallout 3 there was usually something to explore or loot or something.
New Vegas seems like the first 45-60 minutes is still the tutorial even though you can skip the actual thing with Sunny.

So does it eventually open up or is it kinda railroading for most of the game?

>fixes
4gb Loader, New Vegas Anti Crash (NVAC), New Vegas Stutter Remover, Yukichigai Unofficial Patch (YUP), Lonesome Road True Faction Allegiance, Melee Reach Fix Ultimate, Ultimate Invisible Wall Remover, Collision Meshes, Tutorial Killer, Passive Startup Messages, JIP Improved Recipe Menu

>graphicals
Vanilla UI Plus, Improved LOD Noise Texture, Enhanced Camera, Centered 3rd Person Camera, Hall of Face, HD Hi-Res Worldview Weapon Textures, Clarity

>gameplay/content
JSawyer Ultimate, Uncut Wasteland

What a lot of words to say "I haven't once stepped away from a quest marker"

Here's a hint: The problem is you

this is a decent mod setup:
hackmd.io/EYDgJgnALAxsDMBaAbMAhgRkbGFFoDMAGPZeAVnikIICZgB2CIA=?view#

if you want to just play vanilla at least get the bug fixing mods.

also what said, focus on four or so skill in the beginning, if you play vanilla you'll be overleveled in the end anyway.

game has a very linear opening, doesn't really open up until you get to novac which is around 3-4 hours in i think.

I recommend aMidian born retextures for armor too, makes them look way cooler

have you tried not being retarded?

That's not what I'm saying at all.
I'm saying that it seems to railroad you.
Fallout 3, Oblivion (that sent you to a fucking map corner from the middle of it), Morrowind (let's just wander away from Balmora) all had a more open feel.

In what way does it open up with Novac? I'm wondering if yuo get to Novac and then there's more areas in the Mojave past that or are there just a lot more NPCs or what?

max out speech as fast as you can

Reminder that Dead Money was not that bad and actually succeeded pretty well as a take on horror.

>Uncut Wasteland
Didn't know everyone in the game was jewish

Also, get JIP Companions if you don't plan on going the loner route all the time

No, faggot, that is exactly what you're saying. The game is not the issue here. You are. There is literally nothing stopping you walking away from the quest marker to go and do whatever.

It's not "railroading" you, it's not "closed". It's you. You're a faggot who can't do his own thing and you're trying to pin it on the game.

I wish this game would stop fucking crashing. I just want to play :(

>Fallout 3, Oblivion (that sent you to a fucking map corner from the middle of it), Morrowind (let's just wander away from Balmora) all had a more open feel.

>tfw still fucking early in the same
>tfw just trying to harvest plants and explore places, returning to Goodsprings to sell shit to Chet whenever I get very near max weight capacity
>tfw no idea if any of the things I'm selling are worth keeping or not
>tfw last thing I did was discover Primm and prepare to gunfight the powder gang dudes for that one merchant guy in hiding
No idea what else to do after that. Help?

>loads better than 4
Well there is the fact that Bethesda felt the need for literally every rock and speck of dust to have a reference, and references need to be loaded and take up memory.

play the game?

Is going melee any fun? It seems like its just running up to people are spamming leftclick alot

>it loads better than 4

patch your game, cuck. Or stop pirating and buy the game to get patches.

4 is a better Fallout game. I liked New Vegas but it lost the Fallout vibe. It's a good spin off game but not a Fallout game. 4 simplifly some things but it's way better videogame, it doesn't want to be a pen and paper RPG game.

Double up and do a melee + explosives build. This was my most recent playthrough, and I had a ton of fun

Are you fags running W7 or 10? The game has begun to run like shit lately on 10 with crashes.

Meat, hides and plants are vendor fodder if you're not going to get big into Survival crafting.

Check a workbench and a camp fire, see what makes what. Match it up to what skills you're levelling, then decide whether or not to keep that stuff when you find it.

The fuck does this even mean
Fallout is an RPG

I use Windows 8.1 and literally kill yourself for using the cancerous blot that is Windows 10. Literally no reason to use it over previous better versions.

This post is retarded

>if you play vanilla you'll be overleveled in the end anyway.
if you use jsawyer it caps pretty early so you actually have to think about where you put points

works fine on win10 for me, you need to use the old 4GB loader though, new one doesnt work

>

okay :(
sorry user

My nigger, thank you. I'll try that

>Fallout 4 is more Fallout than New Vegas
Look at this man. Look at this man and laugh.

I personally use a mod I made that "auto-levels" you so that you can only level up what you specialize in, and can't get 100% in every single skill. It's pretty nice to see how much the game becomes when you can't become a literal demi-god half-way through the game.

pen and paper RPG != RPG videogame

it's not that hard, user

>it lost the Fallout vibe
What did he mean by this?

>"I liked New Vegas but it lost the Fallout vibe. It's a good spin off game but not a Fallout game."
>New Vegas is based on the original two Fallout games before Bethesda stepped in and made it boring

Are you retarded? Do you have Down Syndrome or something?

user, I agree to a point, that New Vegas tried too hard to be CRPG and it does show a lot.
But it's not inherently a bad game because of it.
The main problem is that it has a motto of "do things how we want before you get to explore and have fun".

[Spoiler]Also you're probably getting to get stabbed for having a bad opinion on the game, sorry. [/SPOILER]

its so easy to get (You)s these days you dont even need good b8

Maybe I expressed myself erroneously before (english is not my native language but I live in USA). New Vegas is not a bad game, I love it but it doesn't feel like a Fallout game. Fallout 4 FEELS like a Fallout game, the vibe, the style, the dark humor, etc.

I would love a new New Vegas game with the gameplay mechanics of F4 (with improvement of course).

inb4 Todd posting

FUCK TODD!

>"He doesn't like what I like"
>"Must be a troll"

?????

>I was only pretending

>Fallout 4 FEELS like a Fallout game, the vibe, the style, the dark humor
What? The tone of Fallout 4 feels nothing like the first two games.

>Fallout 4
>dark humor

>It doesn't feel like Fallout 3. Fallout 4 FEELS like Fallout 3, the vibe, the style, the dark humor, etc.
Fixed that for you, free of charge.
If you legitimately meant 'Fallout' instead of 'Fallout 3,' you are just blatantly wrong.

I played an unarmed/melee build focused on crits, with explosives as secondary approach, mainly for crews of enemies.

Most fun I had in vidya in ages. Rolling on psycho 24/7 and killing Deathclaws with your fists is priceless.

>triptothemovies.webm
I honestly love being the one doing that at the theater, staring and all. Motherfucking normies got to put up with me getting my sixth 100 ounce cup of pop and then 10 journeys to the bathroom afterwards.

What a sad little man you are.

You do shoot them for that 1xp and 1 kill towards Lord Death, don't you?

ulysses companion mod

i wonder what it feels like to have your eyes drawn onto your face

>Enhanced Camera
does this make the mouse movement not a pain in the ass? one of the few things i liked about Fallout 4 was how fucking smooth the aiming was. not once have i used VATS.

been hitting the Jet lately?

It just makes it so you can look down and see your dick.

dont hoard shit. no need. pick a gun up, shoot the ammo into bitches and pick new guns up like a boss. actually this works for 3 and 4 too

10 Luck fist weapons only

is it a bug when the gun will randomly not fire at its standard rate or continue to fire after you let go of the trigger (on semi auto guns), even at full durability?

Dust.
Play Dust.

How dare you speak out against Obsidrones.

>anyone who doesn't share my opinon has down-syndrome

not trying to be a dick here, but I feel like what you mean is that fallout 4 feels more like fallout 3 than new vegas does, which is true. But fallout 3 and 4 are really betrayals of the series, they work as sort of weird video game adaptations of the omega man (which is clearly what todd intended them to be) whereas 1,2 and NV are more about the "post" in "post-apocalyptic."

>a game made by the people who made the first two Fallouts doesn't feel like Fallout
Nice b8

they are not perfect, they can make crap like Pillars of Eternity

>original creators of a franchise cannot screw up

Keiji Inafune
Koji Igarashi
John Romero
Peter Molyneux
Hideki Kamiya

stop sucking their dicks, they are humans and they can fuck up too, you know

Not once did I say they can't make mistakes, but to suggest New Vegas is not FALLOUT is outright retarded.

wtf is a pen and paper rpg?

/tg/ shit like D&D