Reddit told me that this would ruin gaming. Did anything change?

Reddit told me that this would ruin gaming. Did anything change?

No

>Implying it's even been repealed yet
But it will be soon, and I can't wait to get fucked right up the asshole by BASED DADDY TRUMP, the liberals are gonna hate it so much, those fucking cucks

Why would you listen to reddit? They're fucking retarded. Net Neutrality going away will do nothing.

>try to start up steam
>have to insert credit card into computer to connect
Damn you net neutrality

Here you go anons. Have some hard work on the house.

companies aren't likely to make policy based on a government decision that will be reversed in 2020

Who cares, North Korea is going to nuke us soon anyway.

yes, prepare for the entire internet to be fucked, my speeds are already throttled

It hasn't been repealed yet. It has to pass Congress, and chances are a number of reps who actually like staying in office will vote against. I don't think they anticipated this level of backlash.

>throttling netflix preventing your sister from binge-streaming 4k HDR shows
>online games are saved because they take up negligible amounts of bandwidth and probably won't be throttled

THANK YOU BASED COMCAST

You're just as autistic as Lee but instead of enforcing gr15 you just post wojacks. Congrats.

Is there a picture of this insufferable faggot with his mouth closed? I swear to god...

It'll be fine, unless it's not. Not like I can do anything about it. I don't have any power in this plutocracy.

It would take months or even years before anything actually changed, if at all, more than likely it'll be reversed after the next elections so everyone is throwing hissy fits for nothing.

>Google and netflix having to pay for consuming over 50% of the entire internet's bandwidth is the end of the world

The eternal liberal is a creature that one should not hate, but pity.

Its actually more then 50% by the way.

godammit

I can't wait for BASED TRUMP to shit in my mouth so the dirty liberals will smell it, kek

Massive corporations like Google and Netflix are bad, but Comcast and Verizon are fucking based

shut the fuck, goyim. YOU are going to have to pay for internet packages!

so how long before I start having to pay a lot more for my internet?

Lucky I don't use netflix or twitter then, I'll pay nothing.

Have a citation for that? As far as I knew hd television was consuming most the bandwidth

>Did anything change?

it'll take several months ~90 days (the issue needs to pass through congress and court) before it's officially repealed, at which point you'll see some drastic changes in the gaming/media landscape. until then nothing will change.

there isn't going to be any internet packages

Depends on how much broadband you're using, its possible you'll pay less.

No, he's trying to whole can't stump the trump memery, the thing is he doesn't have a platform to stand on, even reps don't want it repealed. So instead of embodying the frustration of the working man and embittered white people frustrated at society, he's just acting like a cockhead with no one backing him, so he comes across infinitely more retarded.

Yeah just like 2015..wait a second. My internet was significantly cheaper in 2015.

As long as the libs are getting mad, it's a win for us.

Nothing's changed yet, it may in the near future and probably for the worse. Best case scenario we're looking at status quo.

this but unironically

this but ironically

>tfw dad is boat captain makes 400k/year who also plays vidya
>tfw will be able buy the deluxe premium verizon fios hispeed gaming package which utilizes the now legal "data fast lanes"

This is two years old (its only gotten much larger since then, why do you think repelling NN is making google and co. so pissed) mind you.

But anyway, Netflix alone consumes more bandwidth then the governmental internet infrastructure of every country on the planet combined, over eleven times. But ignore that, its da ISP monopolies that NN never protected you from that you have to worry about

wait, I thought only netflix and google had to pay more, not the consumers? Which narrative is it?

>yfw this guy things its going to get faster, instead of paying more for the same speed and only being allowed to go to half his websites

ultimately i would rather have the ftc watch over isps instead of the fcc, but its most likely going to be painful due to being a comcast customer.

This. I doubt cable companies will immediately do the thing their defenders said they wouldn't do. Instead they most likely just charge streaming companies themselves more so they then pass the cost to their customers and the consumers then will then just get upset with the websites instead of the ISP. Especially since they can do the deals in secret since NN was also what required them to report any such deals

the narrative here is that those companies lobbied to repeal NN so that they could charge you less and make less money

this is what some people actually believe

Nothing will change, this fearmongering is just big corporations using useful idiots to fight their wars on their stead against other big corporations to decide which of the big corporations gets the most money from us.
Neither of the sides involved is out there to defend the customer's interests.

The assumption is that if the evil ISPs make Google, Netflix, Twitter and whatnot pay for the bandwidth they consume, they'll pass the cost onto the customer.

This whole thing is pretty funny to be honest.

When anything changes it's not going to be immediate. The repeal isn't actually in place yet if I understand correctly.

its going to make shit more expensive
Enjoy your fast internet and gaming packages

ISPs have already been caught throttling League of Legends. Your games are next

If less people can afford to use the internet/afford to use netflix, the internet will be faster.

>NN didn't exist before 2015
Oh you're one of THOSE people

Yes!
Soon we all have to pay extra for certain sites, even for video games!
But nobody would be so stupid to buy into that, we would resist it, right?

Good. Fuck LoL. Also, I hope valve gets fucked hard as well.

>they wont
lmao

You mean after the elections AFTER the next elections right?

You will both be paying up. Businesses are designed to make as much money as possible. Why only milk one end of the spectrum?

Where is television on this chart? I find it hard to believe iTunes uses more bandwidth than hbo or cartoon network

no it wont lmao. you already CAN get faster internet, you just have to pay your isp more. you think that now that theyve spent fuckloads of money on being able to fuck you over, they NOW will just give you those faster rates for free?

l
m
a
o

>Good guys Netflix and Google are 100% pro customer and want nothing but the best for me

No you fucking idiot, this whole thing has nothing to do with you.

TV doesn't use the same infrastructure as the internet. This is just about the internet.

$30-$40 a year is worthwhile just for the games they provide.

Maybe in 2012. Now they've run out of decent games and are resorting to random c-tier indies.

The change won’t be instant it will be slow.

If Comcast came out tomorrow and said “yeah you gotta pay $30 a month to access YouTube”. You would see massive outrage and instant legislative action.

But in 5 months in certain markets when people call their ISPs because their bill is so high you will see ISPs start offering these “new trial plans” that are cheaper but block sites that you “do not use” and most wont care because it’s cheaper, but it will slowly get worse until that is our only option.

A more instant effect will be on content providers, because ISPs will start threading Netflix/YouTube/Facebook/Sup Forums with slowdown unless they pay more and these providers will pass off this cost to us in higher fees and more ads.

Thats beside the point. Its entirely right that the largest consumers of broadband pay for it. This entire fiasco is about the media companies not wanting to do that and their previous lobbist target president's project being overturned.

Its almost certain that they'll pass the cost onto the customer then let their bottomline be harmed. Thats the joke. Pro-NN people are campaigning to not have to pay more to the ISPs so they can keep making the media mogul companies they are latched on to richer. While in the worst case, they'll give their money directly to the media mogul companies they are defending by lobbying for NN anyway.

But without it you can't play games online as far as I know at least

>Did anything change?
Yeah leftist coronations have pulled a power play in brazen disregard of every one else. Those fuckers donate millions upon millions to democrats and thanks to the bullshit faggy retardo right normie mainstream bullshit will soon come to rule all while niche shit of any sort will fall to the side and be marginalized by them in now totally legal ways simply cause some fags disregard for reals cause of their gay as little feels.
Seriously hilarious as all fuck to see those dumb ass all happy and shit that the leftist corprate fucks have given so much power that they can now silence them in anyway as to shut down any critique of the "degenerate" media they produce that they are supposedly against. Like shit really does not make much sense but then holding feels above reals never really has i guess.

>The free market will fix it.

Without Net Neutrality, ISPs can legally block websites and emails belonging to competitors. Good luck getting your business established when your biggest competitor controls your advertising and marketplace.

Do they have a version if this chart showing used bandwidth compared to available bandwidth?

The NN bill that was repealed was put into effect into 2015. Before this bill, there were principles standing up for the idea of net neutrality. After the bill was repealed, the principles standing up for the idea of net neutrality are still there. You've gone back on time to 2015 and prior.

Ask yourself why ISPs couldn't charge you based on the type of websites you visit before (they tried). Ask yourself what happened when they got sued for trying to mess with your broadband (again, which they tried). Now ask yourself what kind of stupid monkeys are fearmongering this to the point of an internet dystopia. There's your answer.

>$30-$40 a year is worthwhile just for the games they provide.
You mean shitty indie games, multiplats and remakes/remasters that are no better than the originals you can emulate?

The policies up for repeal are the ones that were implemented in 2015. Please do research if you're going to try to talk on a subject. Reddit infographics don't count.

You don't need PS+ to play FFXIV on PS4.

But for the 2 other games you do