Dark souls franchise sells 13 million copies

> Dark souls franchise sells 13 million copies
> Skyrim alone sells 22.3 million
Explain this shit to me

nigger most normal people cant get past tutorial bosses

Skyrim's good. Dark Soul's is overrated garbage.

Souls is shitty games. Cannot reach pinnacle of gaming skyrim

they would if they could summon

try harder
truth

normies

The "OMG DARK SOULS IS THE HARDEST GAME EVER" kind of marketing and rumors may have attracted a small amount of gamers but pushed away the majority of them. Dying over and over again? Getting stuck at a boss? It just doesn't sound like fun to them, I suppose.

BUY SKYRIM 3 MORE TIMES!!!

Casual shit sells. People play games to relax and be shitty while still winning. It's unfortunate but that's how it is.

when you watch bullshit gaming videos to pass the time youll notice people only talk about he dark souls tutorial bosses. ive come to the conclusion these people have only gotten that far into the game. being a difficult game to play back then was a no from people. its not like today were at least games with a challenge are praised and the pressure to git gud usually pushes the casuals through it. these people back then, they just wanted unlimited slashes and cramming entire pantry's of food down there throat for 30 minutes in the middle of a battle to get health back.

Skyrim panders to the lowest common denominator, that's why it sells more.

>Hurrr I read on reviews that this game is too difficult.
>I don't want to buy that game.

True story

>massive AAA title from well-known American dev with huge marketing campaign
>fairly niche title from mid-sized Japanese dev with little marketing

Just take a look. If Dark Souls could do what Skyrim can do it would sell more than Minecraft

Do you have any idea how hard they shilled for skyrim and continue to shill for skyrim, 6 years after its release

Of course you fucking do, what is this question even for?

MAKE A NEW GAME TODD

This. All these delusional Soulscucks pretending their game is 'too difficult for casuals' or 'too sophisticated for normies' is just shit. It's down to simple marketing. Stop pretending your shitty Souls games are some niché high art masterpiece.

I love adding weapons/armor and adding some graphical mods but your game probably runs like shit with all the mods you install to look like that

Arrow to the knee made Skyrim an internet wide meme.

It turns out having a community that insults and berates new members turns people off from wanting to play.

Shut the fuck up you fat fuck, Skyrim is legitimately a bad video game and pretending ANY souls game isn't a better video game than that snoozfest Skyrim just shows how big your mental illness issue is.

Skyrim is so bad modders try to make gameplay fix mods and still failed.

out of order does not apply to me

one is essential normiecore and spent a thousand zillion in marketing, one is classical vidya with mostly grassroots marketing

>dark souls is shit
This true

>skyrim is a good game
This false

This

Skyrim's audience had trouble with the fucking circle sliding "puzzle".

Good man

Marketing

misleading af desu, who the fuck knew you could spin around the items in the inventory.

To me it was more like 'hey we put effort into letting you guys appreciate the item models in the inventory so you will be punished for not exploring the features we worked on'

which generally applies to all of their games. its on you to discover everything - not in any particular order or logic. Just explore because you want to suck bethesdas mighty cock.

3 games vs 1 game sold back to you every year

Popular name. Everyone knows Elder Scrolls, just like how everyone knows Fifa and Madden.

skyrim is normie trash and most people unironically can't git gud, get frustrated and quit or don't even try because its a "hard game"

The only people who are insulted are shitters who blame the games combat instead of their own inadequacy.

Dark souls is just overrated dont cry sonybro

No Todd the Todler up on that souls

i needed to help my casual friends with a lot of parts in the game and most that dont play it tried it and quit at first boss.

t. couldn't get past capra demon

Because Skyrim is on every console to ever exist

For some reason

As if it's some epic saga that all humans need to know of

It boggles my mind as to how anyone can take Skyrim seriously as a game, it looks like a fucking joke

>For some reason
Because it sells, skyrim sold more than bloodborne on ps4, why wouldn't they port it if it still sells more than the majority of full games?

Because they want to uphold a high standard of media and entertainment so that the human race strives towards its lofty ambitions instead of sitting mouth agape as literal feces is shoveled into their mouths forevermore, in a 1984-esque totalitarian nightmare?

The whole "Prepare to Die" marketing campaign for DaS and the continuation of that through 2 and 3 was a blunder. Anecdotal, but I know a lot of people in the theater who are huge FROM fans now because of DaS or BB. When I talk to them about why they got into those games and then continued on to playing older games they never would have considered touching like King's Field and Armored Core, the whole challenge aspect never comes up; they love the atmosphere, exploration, storytelling methods, and all that sort of stuff. Focusing on challenge as the primary selling point obviously brought a decent amount of notoriety and better sales than FROM has ever had before, but I think it alienated a much larger potential audience that would have been drawn in by selling aspects other than its difficulty. The difficulty is largely overblown anyways; if a bunch of actors and stage techs with little prior interest in video games can platinum BB because they love the setting so much and want to experience every last bit of it, just about anyone can.

git gud

The dark souls games are hard compared to casual shit like Skyrim