It's baffling to see Tekken 7 lose to ItsJustAss 2 for the best fighting game award at this year's VGA's...

It's baffling to see Tekken 7 lose to ItsJustAss 2 for the best fighting game award at this year's VGA's. Even the FGC are riled up about this. Tekken 7 is made for the hardcore fighting crowd, ItsJustAss is casual capeshit.

>best gameplay in the series
>better music
>better graphics
>better animations
>better story mode
>better netcode
>more customization
>no DLC nor microtransaction bullshit
>better guest characters
>its actually balanced
>best Tekken game since Tekken 5

Tekken 7 was objectively the best fighting game of 2017. ItsJustAss 2 was objectively the worse. Fuck NetherRealm.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zA-e8Mn7H3w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Tekken is an incredibly niche game, meanwhile I2 is loaded with the most recognizable characters the normiest of normies know and love, and it's far easier for a beginner to get into. And it has more content that is still coming out (TMNT) while Tekken gets fuckin Noctis that no one even likes.

Tekken 7 is the worst of all Tekken tho, they tried to make it accesible for casual shits and fucked it up.

>goyim awards matter

Capeshit ruined movies and it's set to do the same shit to vidya. Watch the new Spiderman completely fuck things up for SP games.

>its actually balanced
Be honest with me, how true is this claim?

Tekken has been shit since 4

>Expecting game journo normies to get a fighting game award right

Even Geoff knew, that's why it wasn't even announced. Literally all it got was "And Ed Boon also won best fighting game".

Not even close. Rage Arts almost break the game. Whiffs are nerfed to make it feel like a 2D fighter.
>better music
Neither game have great music. Tekken 7 has one of the worst soundtracks in the series.
>better graphics
Again, not even close. Injustice 2 technically looks better than Tekken 7 in every way.
>better animations
Tekken 7 still reuses a lot of the animations from past Tekken games.
>better story mode
No, just no. The story was garbage, even by fighting game standards.
>better netcode
Completely false, at least for the PS4 version.
>more customization
It has less customization than Tekken 6 and Tekken Tag Tournament 2
>no DLC nor microtransaction bullshit
Tekken Bowl is paid DLC you fucking idiot.
>better guest characters
Geese? Sure. Noctis? Fuck no.
>its actually balanced
Xiaoyu is overpowered and Lucky Chloe is useless
>best Tekken game since Tekken 5
It is if you're autistic. Tekken 5 is better than Tekken 7 in almost every way.

Namcucks are desperately defending the Street Fighter V of the Tekken franchise.

Because InJustAss 2 bets Tekken in nearly every category you claim Tekken wins.

>better music
From what I've heard, TTT2 has better music.
That's arguable.

Tekken 7 has the worst roster in the series history, the worst offline content, the worst music and it's still better than Injustass.

To be fair, there's no way they'll ever be able to top Tag Tournament 2. But fucking christ this is even worse than Tekken 6

Ed Boon > Katsuhiro Harada

At least Ed Boon listens and respects his fans. Harada wore a fucking "DON'T ASK ME FOR SHIT" shirt to his fans.

>Rage Arts
>Being Broken

What is wrong with you?

It's not baffling at all, it's a popularity contest. Revelator 2 wasn't even nominated, and regardless of whether you think it deserved to win or not, it certainly had more reason to be on the list of nominees than ARMS or Nidhogg. Nioh lost best action game despite being the only action game actually nominated as well. You shouldn't take award shows so seriously.

lol

Tekken 7 has some nice tracks like I genuinely dig this:

youtu.be/zA-e8Mn7H3w

Somewhat true. It is kind of balanced, but Xiaoyu and Dragonuv are OP. Whereas Gigas and Lucky Chloe are worthless.

>listens and respects
Ed's a troll
Kombat Kids (aside from Takeda) were a mistake
That said, I have to give him props for Rorschachfag tears and Hellboy and TMNT in Injustice 2 are cool

This. Just stop embarassing yourself already OP.

The VGAs are just "Who has the highest budget" for AAA releases followed by "Who has the lowest budget" for indie games. Actual game worth means nothing.

>gives players frame advantages
>rewards player for being shit
>some Rage Arts can't be punished
>has armor properties
>causes matches to be an excercise in turtleing

Rage Arts is the worst new addition to the fighting game mechanics. At least the Rage system in Tekken 6 and TTT2 didn't ruin the flow of the game.

Normies only play story mode. Don't make me remind you how shitty T7's story was.

Ed's eyebrows seemed a lot less bushy to me when he was the awards show.

>Rage Arts almost break the game
>Xiaoyu is overpowered
Are you retarded?
Also OP says 7 is the best tekken game SINCE 5.
No better than 5

He at least takes in fan feedback and comes off as a nice guy. Harada is an ass, who blocks people who give him constructive criticism. Tekken has went downhill ever since he took creative control after 5.

Can you explain to a 2D pleb (only played KoF and BlazBlue) what makes the former two so strong and the latter two so weak? Are their moves just too fast/hard to react to or is it a low-risk and high-reward kind of situation? Are Xiaoyu and Drag so good that they invalidate picking certain other characters or does Tekken not work that way?

I was extremely disappointed in Tekken 7.
Stopped playing it after about a month or so.

Yes, Xiaoyu is OP and Rage Arts are very unnecessary.

Either way, Tekken 7 doesn't come close to matching the brilliance of Tekken 5.

Injustice 2 won because it pandered more to casuals. Are you really that surprised?

He's clueless. Tekken is an insanely balanced game. It's one of the only few areas it excels in. Obviously, you'll always have balance game no matter the game, because people are scrubs.

>Ed's a troll

That's just his gimmick, he teases fans but it's all in good fun. Harada just tells people to STFU and #dealwithit.

Kombat Kids were ALL shit but you can't pin every decision about the game on Boon. He's the boss but it's a team effort deciding who gets into the game. As long as Scorpion's in I doubt he gives much of a fuck about the rest.

Maybe he's trying to suppress their power

Injustice 2 won better its a better package. Yes, Tekken 7 has better gameplay. But its worse in almost every other department. Tekken 7 is a letdown compared to Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and its worse than Tekken 6.

Harada only cares about putting idol shit waifus in his game. That's how we got stuck with the garbage that is Chloe.

Tekken 7 music is pretty ass though

Harada is 1st dan tier at creating waifus though.

>Noctis

The guy's an idiot
Xiaoyu and Drag are strong noob killers. Lucky Chloe is a difficult to play, high risk character but she has the strongest combos in the game (aside from 2D characters who blow meter)

At the Tekken Mastercup a few weeks back, a no-name Gigas player beat 5 of the worlds best players including Qudans, who won the World Tour

It's not like no characters are better than others, but the gaps between them are far smaller than most other fighting games

Xiaoyu is also one of, if not the, hardest character to learn.

Some guy on /vg/ told me Hwoarang was harder.

The game awards are a fucking joke
Who the fuck cares?
Witchfire looks cool and so does GTFO
That's the only point in watching the game awards

I beat a Xiaoyu and Dragonuv player almost everytime I play as Kazuya (who I main), I can still say they're a bit OP. Xiaoyu has broken low pokes and her hitbox is smaller than they were in past Tekken games. Lucky Chloe does have some devastating combo starters, but most of her moves are useless. She's lowest-tier fighter for a reason. Dragonuv is not as OP as Xiaoyu, but his punishers are way too powerful and his Rage Arts can't be punished. Gigas has one thing going for him, and that's his broken Rage Drive.

>at this year's VGA's
why does anyone still pretend these awards give the awards to the best? Hell, I bet you think the oscars count as real awards.

You mean the game that appeals to not fighting game lads won ahead of the one who appeals to only the FGC?

You are now aware that the VGA show is just a marketing event and it's all fake.
BOTW is the GOTY are you serious?

Alright I'll bite.
>gives players frame advantages
Only one and it should be done from a stance
>rewards player for being shit
Comeback mechanics are everywhere these days. Not saying that it's good.
>some Rage Arts can't be punished
All of them can be punished. Even that one that gives frame advantage, if you him going in a stance and predict him doing rage art you can sidestep.
>causes matches to be an excercise in turtleing
Maybe in greens.

>lacking content like SFV
>3D fighter
please trash it

I never played him but isn't the reputation that Hwoarang you just mash kicks?

>Dragonuv rage art can't be punished

Yes it can.

You can't punish Steve's, Dragonuv's, nor Jack 7's Rage Art because they have a remarkable pushback effect. You can, but only with very specific moves for certain characters. Comeback mechanics are a problem, but Tekken 7 has one of the worse. They give a frame advantage, because they literally stop the game flow when they are activated. Almost every player begans to turtle whenever someone has the ability to pull a Rage Art during matches.

Tekken 7's fighting mechanics are brilliant. I say Power Crushes and Rage Drives are a welcome change. But Rage Arts do not belong in Tekken. Even the Power Blows from DOA5 were better implemented.

>Worst soundtrack
>has all the tekken music and the ability to switch the stage music

lol

lmao
Hwoarang is pretty hard to learn. He has a lot of stances and transitions, JFSR, while isn't necessary still adds to the factor, he also has of the longest movelists. His offence is predictable and flowcharty if the player is mediocre. You need to learn a lot, especially if you didn't play Tekken before.
You can wreck shitters with mashing, but be ready to get blown up if you try that shit against people that know match up.

>VGAs
who gives a fuck?

I obviously meant one of the worst original soundtracks in the series, idiot. I also never said it has the worst soundtrack in the series.

I agree with everything except for Graphics, Netcode, and Story mode.
Injustass beats Tekken in those pretty easily.

I had more fun with Tekken, but wanted to like Injustice more, but it's combat flow was just off putting to me, just never clicked.

That said, of course Injustice would win for casuals.

So you didn't play the game.
>Steve's
It's a high, you can duck and then launch his ass. Jin's and Alisa's RAs are also high.
>Dragunov
>Jack
Huh?
>they give frame advantage because time stops for close up
Do you know what frame advantage means?
>almost every player blah blah blah
Again, maybe in your green/blue shit ranks. I've literally never seen that shit in games above blues or tournaments.

The only characters that can't be punished on block is Steve, Alisa, Jin and Hwoarang and the first three can be ducked, Hwoarang's can't be punished but it starts out of stance. Jack moves a bit back but he's still easily punished. Stop posting it's clear you don't know anything.

>best
>better
>mentioning tekken 5
get the fuck out.

>I also never said it has the worst soundtrack in the series.

?????

to be fair user said its one of the worst. it doesn't mean its the worst.

>No, just no. The story was garbage, even by fighting game standards.
I'd say injustice 2 beats tekken 7 in therms of story mode, but tekken 7's wasn't all that bad.

Now sfV's story mode is true garbage.

it's also a better game and value in every way possible

the way they retconned heihachi is bullshit though. they made him into a tragic hero but he was always more evil than kazuya. tekken 7's story mode is better than street fighter v but that isn't saying much. i personally enjoyed doa5's story mode more than both simply for its goofiness.

i haven't played injustice 2. but tekken 7 isn't all that great. maybe its because i'm just a casua but tekken 7 has less content than content than the last two tekken games. the story mode was way too short and i rather have ghost battle instead of treasure battle. tekken 7 is a fun game but its a letdown.

besides who gives a shit about some stupid awards show?

>better music
Fuck no. This is easily the worst Tekken soundtracks I've heard in a fucking while. I'd take generic orchestra rather then that shit fest

It will be a better value when the GOTY version comes out for $20.