PS4 won November and Black Friday

NPD numbers are out, and PS4 came out on top, demolishing the launch month of XB1X and Switch's first holiday month. Sales will only continue to multiply coming into the Christmas. As reported:

venturebeat.com/2017/12/14/november-npd-2017-call-of-duty-wwii-leads-2-7-billion-month-as-sales-are-up-30-year-over-year/

>Sony’s PlayStation 4 has stayed at the top as the best-selling platform, and November didn’t change that. It stayed No. 1, and Sony also sold more consoles than any other month in the PS4’s lifetime.

More than any other month in PS4's lifetime, wow! While most console sales decline over the years, PS4 only continues to climb! 2018 will be no different, as confirmed 2018 games include God of War, Spiderman, MHW, Days Gone, RDR2, Detroit, Dreams and many anticipated multiplatform games; PS4 will have it all. Meanwhile Xbox and Switch may most likely struggle in 2018 due to complete lack of any 2018 confirmed big titles. What is your take on PS4's success? Aren't you happy the industry is so healthy for the best platform available?

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/gaming/2017/11/26/nintendo-switch-black-friday-seller-super-mario-odyssey/
businessinsider.com/nintendo-switch-popular-on-black-friday-2017-11
businessinsider.com/target-black-friday-popular-items-2017-11
venturebeat.com/2017/12/14/xbox-one-consoles-generated-the-most-spending-in-november-but-sony-sold-more-playstation-4s/
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-07-28-playstation-plus-price-hike-announced-for-europe
gamepur.com/news/22092-xbox-one-has-better-software-attach-rate-rather-ps4-ubisoft.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

OP is not even paid by Sony to say to many people on this board that the PS4 had its single best sales month since its inception. Is he that much of a company slave that he does >for free?

>Seething

Let's get this out before they come in droves into this thread:

Nintendudes have to create some arbitrary categories, where their company wins.

PS4 is stronger
>BUT SWITCH IS MORE EFFICIENT. MORE POWER/WATT
PS4 has better software sales
>BUT SWITCH HAS BETTER ATTACH RATE (citation needed)
PS4 sells more
>BUT ALL OF NINTENDO HARDWARE SOLD MORE THAN ALL OF SONY HARDWARE

this shit is getting so annoying.

>video game news is illegal now
Ehh?

Guess what OP? I own every current system EXCEPT your movieshit/weebshit box. I know that upsets you because you're emotionally invested enough to post this bullshit thread like 4 times.

>tfw XboneX, Switch, PC patrician race

All f those are true though.

>Nintendo releases console out of season to avoid competition.
>Slow summer months.
>Nintendofags spam non stop their overpriced tablet's "success".
>No foresight, no arguments.
>Only present things as it suits their narrative "Switch is BTFOing the PS4 in JP !"
>Moment of truth comes.
>The PS4 is supreme. Not even the brand new Xbox One X can challenge it.

PS4 sales are soo good. The thing I want NOW is getting good games like Nier Automata, Nioh and Yakuza Zero EVERY YEAR. The quality this year on PS4 was awesome. But I want more. Good japanese quality games is where it's at.

Still waiting for Kingdom Hearts 3. Maybe 2019?

Is this true? Do they really make these flawed and even irrelevant responses?

>PS4 is stronger
Is this a reference to the graphics? Then, yes, but the XB1X is the most powerful in the market.
The best systems in the market have historically never been the most powerful. Still, the best balance of power and software is the PS4.
I'm also not going to say that graphics don't matter because they really do, I just don't think the best experience is anchored to the power of the processing units.

>BUT SWITCH IS MORE EFFICIENT. MORE POWER/WATT
If this is really true then my response would be who gives a shit about efficiency? Honestly, who?

>PS4 has better software sales
This is important because the more software a system sells the more support it'll get in the future.

>PS4 sells more
Also important for the same reason as above.

>BUT ALL OF NINTENDO HARDWARE SOLD MORE THAN ALL OF SONY HARDWARE
If the sales of the PS1 didn't help the PS1 be better the sales of the NES sure as hell make no difference to anyone thinking about investing on a Switch.

I was actually thinking about getting a Switch the other day, what with Bayonetta coming out on the system, but then I read all the shit Nintendo does and realized they're a huge pack of assholes and the only difference between them and other shit companies is that they still make products people like so their fans defend them. They fuck over a breast cancer charity but they own Mario so we have to defend them. Sorry but nah.That's why I don't root for them.

yes bangs

>If the sales of the PS1 didn't help the PS1
I meant PS4.

shes cute, you got a name or source?

Yes bang

Only idiots and fanboys thought the PS4 wasn't going to sell gangbusters in the strongest holiday season on the market. How many times do I have to repeat this? Mid cycle is when the most consoles get sold. It happens every fucking time a system is wildly successful. Their midpoint sees an explosive year before waning slightly in its last few years.

The PS4 is ridiculously successful and Sony is capitalizing on their market share flawlessly. The Switch also just released and for being a mid generation release 10 million in 9 months is ridiculous. But comparing the two is like comparing the seasonal sales of the PS2 at its peak to the DS in its infancy.

comicbook.com/gaming/2017/11/26/nintendo-switch-black-friday-seller-super-mario-odyssey/

Switch outsold Xbone and ps4 even though it wasn’t on sale like they were.

>comicbook.com
Oh no no no no

How’s this Sony nigger

businessinsider.com/nintendo-switch-popular-on-black-friday-2017-11

Here’s Target. No ps4 I’m sight despite being $200

businessinsider.com/target-black-friday-popular-items-2017-11

More PR fluff. NPD reports facts.

There’s no numbers for consoles so I don’t see how it’s much different. Once again the switch wasn’t on sale and the ps4 was $100 cheaper.

Because NPD reports facts. Not paid promotional blurbs.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i fucking can't stand americans
its going to be great when you fucks are finally banned from the internet

And how does that matter switch is a new console with tons of loyal nintendo fans

The PS4 has a huge deal/sale going on where it was like almost no money for a system. Of course it sold a lot.

>Gta 5 still in top 10 selling games of 2017
Jesus Christ this game is like the Dark Side of the Moon of video games. They struck gold with this fucking game. Well earned, it's fucking great.

leave american, you are not welcome

>Mainline Pokemon
There, Boosted Switch sales to 25M more

Also, that lineup for PeeS4 is Amazingly bad, 3 Movies, A Multiplat, A Turd in the face of a Great Franchise and Litteral Vaporware

>4-year-old home console outsells brand new Nintendo handheld
Embarrassing, but Nintendo fans are likely more upset than Nintendo themselves.

>its going to be great when you fucks are finally banned from the internet
what makes you think the Jew won't bring the same policies to Europe?

Can't have all that freedom of information and independent media, goy.

leave american

3DS had 3 pokemon gens. And PS4 outsold it even starting the race 2 years late.

>GTA V
>Good

It's one of the worst GTA games I have ever played and I've played them all. It's seriously making me question whether or not I pick up the next one. The reason it's still selling is because all of the 12 year olds who play GTA Online.

The PS4 was the bigger doorbuster this Black Friday by many accounts, it was super fucking cheap and it sold in gangbusters.

The Switch has still beaten it like 7 out of the 10 months it wasn't black friday.

Good for you, you don't like a popular game, here's a cookie.

And PS4 outsold wiiu for 48 months straight

leave american

I liked the majority of the others and they were all super popular too.

WHERE is the Whirrposting? I came here for Whirrposting

fascinating

So?
It also outsold Virtual Boy.

once americans leave there will be no shitposting here
i can't wait for the day

And PS1 outsold N64.
And PS2 outsold Gamecube.
And Wii outsold PS3.
And PS4 outsold Wii U and matched 3DS.

Oh my god... Console sales

Stop the "Americans!" shit.

literally make me
mods certainly don't give a shit

>Though the PS4 sold the most number of consoles, the Xbox One brought in more revenue.

jesus christ. MS are still making more than sony despite having half the hardware sales. i can't image how fucking rich MS would be if they were competing on equal footing. they'd probably make enough revenue from xbox alone to buy the whole of playstation

Europe is Sonyland, though.

PS4 already outsold 3ds

Revenue doesn't necessarily means profit

I'm fairly sure that the Xbone X is sold at loss

central europe is sony land. UK is all xbox/nintendo and eastern europe gives fuck all about consoles in general

Why does Xbox make so much money? More game sales per console? I know MS and Sony sell their consoles at a loss.

>americans think they know what other countries preferences are
leave americans

Sony PS4 isn't being sold at loss since launch

live most likely. The service is still the most expensive so naturally they see the biggest return on it.

Handhelds were ''surpassed'' by Mobile Devices
GO is still going strong even after the fade of his Popularity
3DS has sold 60M. I'm pretty sure Swich will keep up with PS4 when Gen 8 releases on 2018

yeah they have a higher attachment rate per console than playstation iirc. in general xbox users probably buy more peripherals and stuff like controllers. pc players also buy xbox controllers which can contribute to xbox revenue as a whole. also the xbox one s and ps4 are sold at a profit whereas the xbox one x is sold not at a loss but they just break even if i remember a quote from phil spencer.

i'm from europe retard. i bet you're french and are a nigger. i can't wait for the day these arabs nuke you into orbit. france can suck my dick

>And Wii outsold PS3
Only by 15 million
But I'm still mad

>2018
So you expect they made a new pokemon when all they've done is say "we're doing it so buy a switch now"

venturebeat.com/2017/12/14/xbox-one-consoles-generated-the-most-spending-in-november-but-sony-sold-more-playstation-4s/
>even Xbox outsold the Switch
OH NO NO NOOO

No way that Xbox has a higher attachment rate than PS4

xbox live is the cheapest in europe. psn is the most expensive. in comparison xbl is 10 euro/pound cheaper

eurogamer.net/articles/2017-07-28-playstation-plus-price-hike-announced-for-europe

>yeah they have a higher attachment rate per console than playstation iirc.
literally fake news

Because each X is $500 so sony needed to sell 2.5 PS4s to match the revenue.

kiss my ass you piece of shit
i bet you're fucking one of those retarded brits
literally the americans of Europe

"Revenue" here is referring to hardware revenue, which Xbox One topped because they launched a $500 machine in November. Software and accessories like controllers are tracked in separate categories.

this is the last i remember seeing being reported
gamepur.com/news/22092-xbox-one-has-better-software-attach-rate-rather-ps4-ubisoft.html

also they play the most in general so it can correlate if you think about it, though it's not a guaranteed correlation

>assblasted frog

go and feast on some snails you subhuman. dont @ me

SONY WON

kys you fucking american

WHAT?

um sweeite

MARIO

and um sweetie

ZELDA

um swrttie NINTENDO WON xx

Why do I keep seeing RDR2 on PS4 exclusive lists? This has been happening for months.

>subhuman frenchie being this assblasted

nope. try again. go and eat the shit out your mothers ass or whatever the fuck subhuman customs you people have

>It's seriously making me question whether or not I pick up the next one.
It's funny that you think they're not just going to port GTAV to the PS5/whatever comes after Xbone to keep milking the sake idiots.

With 2 games?

N-no, it's not possible...we tried our best, and it still wasn't good enough...we lost a-again...

They're not mere games they're MARIO and ZELDA play 'play' your 'cinematrix experiences' LOL

SHUT UP

YAMATEEEEEEE, NANI?

YAMATEEEEEEEEEEE, NANI?

SHUT UPPPPPPPP

>all those ports and multiplats in the recommended section
Bruh how are you going to unironically put FINAL FANTASY IX in a recommended games section for PS4? That game was so fucking overproduced you can still buy NEW copies on fucking Amazon. Is that literally just a list of every single PS4 release or something?

>And Wii outsold PS3.
>SD console.
>HD console.

Spot the fucking difference. The Wii was not just an underpowered 7th console, it was by Nintendo's own admittance a supercharged Gamecube. Seriously can a nintendotard please tell me how the fuck you spineless fagets tolerate being called delusional ALL THE FUCKING TIME. You try to jew people NON STOP. "the switch was outselling the PS4" literally slow sales months. "The switch is selling as good as the PS4", PS4 sold 18 million in its first year. "The Switch is beating The PS4 in japan" homeconsoles have been doing shit in japan for years and the Switch is doing worse than the 3DS. "The Wii won 7th gen", reskinned Gamecube.

It's an updated version with higher produced cut scenes, upressed character polygons, resolution, upscaled frame rate with new voiced dialouge and comes with a free PS4 theme.

I'm sure that's all lovely on the original pixelated as fuck backgrounds.

All that shit is completely irrelevant, if the Wii wasn't viewed by Sony as the PS3's direct competition we'd still have Kevin Butler commercials.

>Owning and Xbox and PC
How does it feel to be retarded?

Holy shit.

Why does xbone play their games if ps4 sales are higher

Just stop.

Calm it down.

Stop it.

Playstation always sells well. The point is moot.

>gets called delusional spineless fagot for ignoring facts
>facts are irrelevant

The Switch took about nine months from launch to reach 10 million sold through, just like the PS4. In its first 12 months, the PS4 sold through about 14.4 million.

>the no games trio
lol

Irrelevant facts are irrelevant.

This. The only issue is that people pretend other systems can't sell well or go autistic when Nintendo wins by selling 10 million in 8 months.

>BUT SONY SOLD MORE WITH IT'S ON SALE CONSOLE ON BLACK FRIDAY

So? The Switch has still done exceptional

what kind of shit broken english is this? rephrase and ask again

>owning xbox and pc

Holy shit I'm dying so hard, during black friday all you would see is switch sold the most threads on Sup Forums but now the real numbers came out and everyone beat the switch's sale holy fucking shit nintenchildren btfo

Switch sold

No one said Switch sold the most.
Everyone kept posting pics of full pallets and saying Switch sold nothing

Are you literally fucking delusional?
Literally every thread was about how Switch sold nothing and PS4 was gone.