I'm Redfield

>I'm Redfield

So what did he actually mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AZByhP6K_o0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He meant that Capcom can't make up their mind with how they want Resident Evil characters to look.

its not chris redfield anyways

He meant that he's Chris Redfield

If you played or watched, its actually him you dumb fuck.

Dr. Pavel, I'm Redfield

It means that he's Chris Redfield. The REAL one. Not that ridiculous mystery gorilla cunt from RE5. He's just much older now but it's 100% faithful to the original, real Chris.

Go ahead now and prove how underage you are.

>I'm the cool.
Huh?

He looks nothing like CV Chris
Also, there's a story-related reason for him getting bulked up in 5

>but it's 100% faithful to the original, real Chris.

Imagine being this deluded

He meant that op is a faggot

This. He is THE Chad and you're all jealous faggots

He meant that RE6 is better that RE7

do you really think there's 1 chris redfield in the entire world? its more than likely a whole other person with the same name retard
my full name is steven jobs but you dont see me being the CEO of apple

I don't even like VII, but
>the game literally says he was sent by the BSAA to be an observer
>he dislikes Umbrella and is vocal about it
>looks somewhat like Chris
>is high up in the BSAA as he was chosen for his knowledge on BOWs
>name is Chris Redfield
You're just dumb

What a fucking autist

Tell me about Wesker, why does he wear the sunglasses?

>my full name is steven jobs but you dont see me being the CEO of apple
his full name was Steven Paul Jobs

>looks somewhat like Chris
That part doesn't matter because in RE you can use viruse magic to look like another person.

So what exactly happened in Not a Hero besides Lucas dying incredibly anti-climatically?

Not him but the whole thing doesn't make sense if it is actually the real Chris Redfield. It's either extremely shit writing, the worst the series has seen so far. Or a really poor executed ruse.

Why didn't CAPCOM just use the BSAA instead of making a completely new umbrella if there wasn't a twist involved?

Why is the new supposedly "good" umbrella who are out to fix the world, using weapons named after Albert Wesker.

Umbrella Corps is canon and also confirmed Wesker is the chairman of this new Umbrella as well.

DLC is focused on this new Chris Redfield and the title is Not A Hero, yet he doesn't do anything particularly unheroic in the dlc.

Vendetta and MVCI both still use the old Chris model dispute being built around the same time.

If new Chris had mentioned Claire or something or someone from the pervious games I'd find it easier to believe that this is actually Chris.

>Why didn't CAPCOM just use the BSAA instead of making a completely new umbrella if there wasn't a twist involved?
Writer was a hack who probably only watched the Anderson films and thought Umbrella was the big bad (despite the Umbrella's End scenario happening in 2003). It's not Blue Umbrella that Chris is assisting, and they are an anti-Bioterrorism PMC that was established by former Umbrella employees in 2007. And a company that is the exact opposite called Red Umbrella is also running around.
>Why is the new supposedly "good" umbrella who are out to fix the world, using weapons named after Albert Wesker.
Writer was a hack
>Umbrella Corps is canon and also confirmed Wesker is the chairman of this new Umbrella as well.
Red Umbrella
>DLC is focused on this new Chris Redfield and the title is Not A Hero, yet he doesn't do anything particularly unheroic in the dlc.
I think it's because he didn't capture Lucas or save the soldiers (again)
>Vendetta and MVCI both still use the old Chris model dispute being built around the same time
RE5 Chris is more popular and recognizable, as RE5 was Capcom's best selling game
>If new Chris had mentioned Claire or something or someone from the pervious games I'd find it easier to believe that this is actually Chris.
That's implying the new writers remember Claire

I uh, told Lucas to shut the fuck up.

How did this nigger get 20 years younger?

Capcom literally making a video named "redisigning chris" you autistic

Its literally him fucking retards
youtube.com/watch?v=AZByhP6K_o0

Claire will NEVER recover

Think i just murdered this fucking thread

>It's either extremely shit writing, the worst the series has seen so far

Didn't you play the rest of the game? Of course it fucking is. The writing is a complete joke in this game, 100% tone deaf and no consistency to anything, characters, events, pacing, fucking nothing.

>leon could have had a 10/10 swat gf and gone swimming every day
>still chases ada

I don't mind nu-Chris, but what the fuck happened to his jaw?

I'm guessing that he's not working with Blue Umbrella in an official capacity as a BSAA agent, since he's not wearing his BSAA gear. Why did they need him for this mission? Wouldn't anyone with the BSAA been capable enough?

>I'm Valentine

More like it's faithful to the live-action Chris from RE1's cutscenes and from his epilogue in RE3. He had lighter hair in both of those.

Every time he looks at his phone, it's Ada fucking with his head.

Guaranteed that call he got right before he could agree to Angela's proposition was info on an Ada sighting

Too much soy

'Realism'

His nose got larger and now he's blonde. They did a terrible job of making him look recognizable.

>Chris is a huge mountain of a man who punches boulders with his bare hands
>new Chris looks look he he’s ask you to go on a hike and then suck your cock afterwards

CAPCOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

BTFO.

Did they at least let him smoke?

He's wasting away now that he's lost his Wesker and his Piers

I'm still waiting a Leon/Ada RE game D:

You meant to say Leon/Jill game, right? We've already had 2 Leon/Ada games

>BSAA
>capable

They probably wanted the best BSAA agent because this was their first and best chance to catch a contact from new non-Umbrella-with-a-dumb-name "The Connections," and considering that several presumably good "the best" agents of PMC Umbrella were kidnapped, what makes you think some no-names from BSAA, an agency also littered with corpses would do better?

As for the lack of patches/insig... laziness? Or more realistically, trying to "bait" people into "wut Chris R working 4 UMBRELL4??"

I mean, they co-op together through an entire game, without cucking

If he wore his BSAA gear, it would be clear he's the real deal and people wouldn't keep guessing and talking about your game months after launch, user. Gotta keep them hopes up for the DLC, goy

He meant "I'm Hunk, as seen in RE3"

My only hope is that they will fix his face in newer games. He’s not recognizable at all, different shape of head and all that.

>new Chris looks look he he’s ask you to go on a hike and then suck your cock afterwards

I don't see anything wrong with that. He sounds fun.

That's not Ada's style. She's won't work with Leon (or anyone really) for more than a single act. She has to be able to zipline into the shadows at a dramatic point or her whole act falls apart.

Keeping Leon dangling on the hook is important. She has to tease him enough to keep him hoping that one day, some day, he'll have a chance with her, without giving away that she regularly bangs black dudes on her missions. Also, the longer she's around him, the more likely he'll notice flaws in her portrayal and realize she's not the same Ada that he met in Raccoon City

I wouldn't have had a problem with RE5 Chris if the reason for him roiding up wasn't completely retarded. He honestly thought getting in better shape would allow him to take on Wesker? How? Short of being Ronnie Coleman, there was no way he was matching Wesker on any level, even strength. What the fuck would all that training help him with? He obviously was still a bitch when an infected caught him.

Was it because some day he knew he'd have to hook a boulder?

I miss strongman Chris. I never wanted this.

And where is my Rebecca? And Sheva? Capcom never brings them back.

What else could he have done? He's not going to inject himself with an experimental virus. There's not much he could do about matching Wesker's speed, so all he could do was try to get as strong as possible to maybe hold his own just long enough to matter. Which is exactly what happened.

>Which is exactly what happened.
Did it though? I mean i know he got his ass kicked, but it never looked like for a second he was able to hold him off even remotely

>the only likeable bara man in gaming
>turn him into yet another wallpaper scruff skinny-but-cut white dude with no chin
ooooooooooooooooooook

Once they weakened Wesker by overdosing him with his viral stabilizer, Chris was able to hold him just long enough for Sheva to deliver the finishing blow. Without the extra strength, even a weakened Wesker probably could have shaken him off.

Let's just ignore the fact that Chris has firearms and an entire military regimen at his disposal.

Yeah, about them...

yeah, i suppose so. Still funny that he went through that kind of physical transformation to be -just- strong enough to put a weakened wesker into a full nelson

He also ran down a stealth bomber during takeoff

>Chris is back in his late 30 ties again
So how did he get 15 years younger again?
Chris is old as fuck, almost 50, is this the face of a man that age?

The only explanation would be that it's a reboot, BUT IT CAN'T BE SINCE IT DIRECTLY REFERENCES OTHER GAMES.

He got Ada Wonged, just like her he ages backwards it seems.

It could be. He gave up the smoking decades ago, and he's fit as fuck for someone his age.

The more i think about this the more it pisses me off. Why did they have to do this horseshit? There's an actual story reason for him going Hulk mode in 5, a reason that has a fucking payoff in that very game. Now he's just some generic white guy you've never seen before and worse yet, he's a chinlet.

7 is complete fucking cancer

Seriously this. They can't do anything right.

If it said BSAA Russia on the patch it would be perfect.

So the BSAA disbanded after this, right? There's no way they got away with destroying multiple skyscrapers and endangering millions.

IT'S HUNK

Nope. By Not A Hero, Chris is still working with them, he's just teamed up with a new group called Blue Umbrella trying to fix shit.

They don't even look remotely similar though.
HUNK is actually muscular and had gray hair in 1998

Or more likely, they 3d sanned someone 20 years younger than Chris should be, this guy in fact.
A guy who looks like hes barely out of his mid 20ties, if that.

>waifu fag
>posts fap bait
>complains about character remodels

Why are you guys so predictable? It would be funny if you weren't so buttmad about one radical redesign replacing another.

>but the movie!!!!

He's Redfield

>2029
>Capcom has remade 2, 3 and CODE:Veronica in RE Engine
>RE8 and 9 have been released
>REv5 ended with the fourth Albert clone popping out of Jake's penis while he was fucking Sherry
>Majority of the cast is in their 80s
>REmake 4 is announced
>first trailer
>due to RE Engine games having realistic character models, the Leon and Krauser models were of course altered
>pic related is their appearance in game

So do they explain why he works for umbrella

Gee, i wonder who's the resident faggot responsible for this post.

>radical redesign
>Literally just getting buff

No one cares about your game 7 fag, especially not after this bullshit.

It's explained by the fact that the writer is a hack who leafed through RE bulletpoints for the backstory.

So get this

The scientists who weren't the evil jackasses from the original Umbrella got the brilliant idea to make a new company with the exact same name with a blue umbrella logo.

The BSAA took one look at the new Umbrella and Chris' extensive file and thought "yeah, this is good", and forced Chris to work with the new company to assist in taking down bioterrorist shit.

>this denial
What's a matter, baby? Upset that your baseless theory about "Redfield is HUNK" has gone up in smoke? Awww, poooooooor baby.

What a butt hurt faggot.
Chris has been redesigned in almost every game but now that he looks like a normal human again suddenly its bad.

Fuck off you cancers action fag.

And forgot to make sure everything makes sense, like pulling Blue Umbrella out of nowhere.
Would've been fine if they started up before or around RE6, but 2007 is way too early. They're a PMC, their non-appearance in RE6 is a plot hole as they were created to take care of bio-terror incidents

>the title is Not A Hero, yet he doesn't do anything particularly unheroic in the dlc.
It was probably just how he doesn't see his job as a heroic one. Most people who do services like protecting others don't think themselves superheroes because they know they have to dirty their hands with blood and can't save everyone when some nutjob threatens the world.

>The scientists who weren't the evil jackasses from the original Umbrella got the brilliant idea to make a new company with the exact same name with a blue umbrella logo.

Which is fucking hilarious. The IRL version would be like the Nazi Party reforming into an organization after the WW2 that just switches the flag color from red to blue, still is called Nazi Party, and goes around telling people they're the good guys now, honest.

He doesn't look like the same person.

All the previous "redesigns" amounted to changing his hairstyle, clothes and injecting him with roids. This looks like a completely different person.

I liked ridiculous mystery gorilla cunt Chris

Reminder that it was confirmed the original script for the DLC was scraped and rewritten after Capcom took over.

>Chris has been redesigned in almost every game
His design remains consistent in 1, 2 (EX Battle), 3 (Epilogue), CV, REmake and Umbrella Chronicles.
It changes in 5 for story related reasons as Wesker kicked his ass in CV and he needed to bulk up. This new design remains consistent from that point forward, until VII. The only changes are minor, like being slimmer in 6 or looking Mexican in Vendetta (that being the fault of the company that made it), but he does look similar and older in 5 and 6. He even has gray hairs.
In VII, he de-ages to 30 years old, dyes his hair, loses a lot of weight which would be impossible given his build and the fact that he's still very much in active duty and he doesn't look like his original counterparts either, all of which had an anime-inspired vibe (just look at this image of CV Chris).

How do you feel about being so pathetic that your posts are instantly recognizable on an anonymous message board?

What are you talking about?

It really wouldn't. They never said that every single person in Umbrella was evil, just most of the lead researchers and the suits in control. There's nothing to say there couldn't have been some people in the company who were in the dark and appalled at learning what the corporation was doing after the Raccoon city incident revealed everything.

I like RE7, but not gonna lie, this mishandling of Chris makes me not want to buy it so much anymore.

I'm sure most Nazis were really nice guys too.

So what? It's a series about viruses that can mutate a normal person into a monstrosity faster than you can say Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia. Even then, RE7 went with a somewhat more "realistic" aesthetic, so it only makes sense that Chris and any other regulars who might show up would look considerably different.

Except you're trying to argue that Chris looking normal is a good thing.
Normal people are bland nobodies. I don't play RE for that shit.
Leon having that godawful haircut when he's in his mid-40s isn't normal.
Chris being the epitome of manlieness to a near-unrealistic extent isn't normal
Rebecca looking like a 10 year old boy most of the time isn't normal.
DC Douglas' voice sure as hell ain't fucking normal.
Your defense of these changes is blind fanboyism of a game that isn't even that good

He's in it for the thrill of the hunt.

>lol who cares

>I like RE7.
>But I don't want to buy it.

This confuses me.

>Your defense of these changes is blind fanboyism of a game that isn't even that good
No, it's just that I don't get bent up over a fucking harmless redesign and use to justify hating a game when there are more valid reasons to dislike it. Try again.

Same to you, kiddo. Same to you.

Pointless redesigns is a reason to dislike.
The new Chris doesn't look like Chris. Chris from 1 to 6 was appealing to look at. The new Chris is just unnappealing, and if I wanted to see unnappealing, I'd go to a fucking EB Games.
There's also the fact that this redesign caused people to think that this guy wasn't Chris and that he's a clone or HUNK or Billy Coen/Glenn Aries. The redesign was that bad. You're just willfully ignoring it and telling people 'who cares', as you've only played VII and like effeminate cuntholes like Nardo rather than actual men like Chris Redfield.
New Chris honestly looks more like Bruce McGirven. I think that's how you spell his last name