So we are finally getting it

So we are finally getting it

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.us.playstation.com/2017/12/08/medievil-returning-to-ps4-in-2018/
blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/12/09/medievil-returning-to-ps4-in-2018/
twitter.com/SaveMediEvil
twitter.com/AnonBabble

PSP remaster

They'll make it based off the PSP remake, wont they?

They've already confirmed it's remastering the original PS1 game

lol no they didnt idort

They can say that but the tone is clearly taking after the PSP remake, Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale did this too. It wasn't /ourdan/ it was /remakedan/

The reveal trailer also had dialogue from a character who ONLY appeared in the remake, not the original.

They also fucking used fanart because the trailer was rushed

>That’s another PlayStation Experience in the books! And we’ve been holding onto some especially exciting news. Hot on the heels of this year’s smash hit Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, we’re making another PlayStation fan dream come true: a proper, PS4-grade resurrection of the original MediEvil just in time for the game’s 20th anniversary.

blog.us.playstation.com/2017/12/08/medievil-returning-to-ps4-in-2018/

>They also fucking used fanart because the trailer was rushed
When?

blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/12/09/medievil-returning-to-ps4-in-2018/
>Hot on the heels of this year’s smash hit Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, we’re making another PlayStation fan dream come true: a proper, PS4-grade resurrection of the original MediEvil just in time for the game’s 20th anniversary
>Original

it's literally just an upscaled rom. it's not a remake like the SOTC coming out in february, it's literally just the original playing in HD res. it's going to be the equivalent of playing the bully or gta 3-SA games on the psn store. people need to stop confusing remakes and remasters.

I remember hearing something like this in one Sonic game

I love both PS1 and PSP games, but for some reason I don't give a shit about this remaster.
Also
>teaser trailer
Holy shit why won't they just show something more than that? It's a fucking remaster that literally only 1,5 people give a fuck about. Why do they act like it's something special? Same goes to death stranding.

>((original MediEvil)) remade from the ground up except with the humor and tone of the PSP remake, but not literally the PSP remake ported to PS4

There ya go.

>why won't they just show something more than that?
because they literally don't have anything more to show, they used fan art in the teaser for fuck's sake, that should tell you everything

Layden acknowledged the recent twitter movement from literally two months ago and the idea itself was "baking" in his head with said moment being the thing that convinced him
He probably knows people don't want Resurrection 2.0

What was wrong with the PSP remake?

>the idea itself was "baking" in his head
sir dank confirmed

I'll wait for actual footage. As said above, PASBR took a lot more from the PSP remake, and the trailer reflects that. If it was genuinely some rushed shit though, then all the more reason to wait. It's good to be skeptical though, this is Sony we're talking about. Activision/Vicarious Visions handled Crash.

>Shit redesigns
>Complete change of tone
>Slower combat
>Missing levels
>Al Zalam

So, who other Sony remakes would suck, if ME really is based of the PSP version?

Did anyone actually want a medievil remaster?

I didn't exactly spend my days praying for it but now I know one is coming I want it to be good

twitter.com/SaveMediEvil

I didn't want a remaster, I wanted a sequel but I'm not lamenting one if it turns out good.

I fucking did

What all did I miss today? I just got home from

The remake getting announced was only because of fans making noise about it on social networking. That’s why the trailer was obviously so rushed.

MediEvil Remaster announced at PSX

How bad could an Ape Escape remake be?
After those shitty spin offs, Sony Smash and the Nick cartoon, they can't do any worse.
Specially when most other platformer related games from Sony were a bit story focused, while AE never cared for its plot or even voice acting.

Switch port when

It already happened

Sony owns the IP

yeah fucking me

>MediEvil fans have done what SOCOM fans have been trying to do for years in just two months

>inb4 they base an AE remake over this
At least they can bring back the removed minigame, make it play like the original and bring back Jake's ponytail
On the Loose was more of a shit remaster than a remake, if i recall it

Can't be any worse than the Parappa remaster, though

>tfw they're going to base the medievil remake on this

I remember dropping it as a kid because i couldn't figure out the farm level. Looking forward to the stained glass demon fight

What was wrong with the Parappa remaster?

>Base a MediEvil remake on an Ape Escape remake
?????
They already said it's gonna be based on the original game
>proper, PS4-grade resurrection

you're no fun at all are you

How would they handle voice acting?
Spike never got a fitting voice in any of his games

>short game with outdated gameplay
>bugs and something to do with the hardware/types of tv it was originally made for
>price
>it's a series with only 3 games, yet they didn't bother to bring 2 and um jamemr lammy

Either keep it shitty, simply because of the charm or attempt to make Spike sound like an actual child, while also using the art style from 3/BG
I think Spike was an actual kid in Pumped and Primed, but somehow Jake wasn't?
It's still amazing to this day, how this series even last that long, with all these games

>inb4 Sly remake before Sly 5

How would you fix Playstation All Stars?

I think the movie is cancelled

Are they going on keep the original soundtrack? Because that's the biggest advantage of the original medievil. Better not fuck it up.

>Make it more like Power Stone
>Unified artstyle like Smash Bros
>Get an actual budget
>Keep all the first party characters
>Get Crash and Spyro

They called N. Sane trilogy a remaster yet it was a remake

but also to be fair, the model they used for PSASBR is based off the PS1 model, the shoulder armor is the big give away

you poor fool

Remaster +
the entire game except the cutscenes was built on top of the original gray mesh wire framing. if it was built from the ground up then it would be a remake

ehhh

>>Unified artstyle like Smash Bros
it works for Smash because all their characters are cartoony
Sony has a diverse set of characters that wouldnt work in a unified art style.
each character looking like they came right from their game was the best choice
Kratos in a cartoony style would be doing a dishonest to the character, and if Spike or Parapa was done in a realistic style would also be a dishonest

So Spryo's next right?

lets hope, but thats up to Activision

Snake managed to fit in

not really

That ain't even close, man. It's got the exposed midsection and hip flaps from Resurrection, the gloves from 2, but proportions that don't match any of the games.