Now that Bioshock Infinite is soon turning half a decade old and the dust has finally settled...

Now that Bioshock Infinite is soon turning half a decade old and the dust has finally settled, what's the Sup Forumserdict?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ksbpV-fgruk?t=14m33s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's not the absolute worst game of all time but damn did it try

The first one is a decade old idiot, this one is 4 years

It's a fucking mess trying to be tacticool fps and a shock game at the same time and fails at both.
Stimpack system is bullshit, salts system is bullshit, two weapons limit is bullshit, the Songbird buildup towards nothing is bullshit and the ending is bullshit.

It's an incoherent bore of a game. Worst game with "shock" in its title.

>this one is 4 years
Didn't it come out in like February 2013, which means it turns half a decade old in ~60 days

Kino.

>system shock
>find notes saying code to door inbetween tons of fluff
>system shock 2
>find audio file with code to door
>bioshock
>find number scribbled on a glass door
>infinite
>this shit

it's shit

The whole series is hipster shit that no real gamer buys. Critics and journalist liked to push it as having some profound story or whatever and everyone bought it so they didn't look dumb to their friends that parrot the same shit they read online about it.

Best CoD game ever made.
Plot and lore is way too convoluted for what it actually is. This also applies for Burial at Sea.
When it came out, I thought this was the rock bottom for AAA shooters, but then the new gen happened.

>I thought this was the rock bottom for AAA shooters, but then the new gen happened.
Titanfall 2 alone makes that an absurd statement. Resident Evil 6, Final Fantasy XV and BioShock Infinite are the holy trinity of irredeemable AAA games.

The last EA game I played was Dead Space 2, even if Titanfall 2 is that good, is probably filled with EA jewery. I just don't even bother with EA games.

could be better
much better

Actually it's not, all DLC was released for free and there weren't any loot boxes and all microtransactions were purely cosmetic.

That's actually good.

6/10
i honestly felt offended when i played this part (timestamp) - super dramatic but you can't fall down or fail in any way
youtu.be/ksbpV-fgruk?t=14m33s

the worst game in the bioshock trilogy but it's a decent 5/10 game on its own
worst parts for me were the shitty restrictions on how many weapons you can carry and the forced story bullshit. bioshock 1 and 2 told most of the story through audio logs instead of constantly taking away your control and forcing you to sit through boring cutscenes

i felt like the game gave me no reason to care about elizabeth besides "she's a woman who is locked away from the world" and no reason to care about booker besides him being the protagonist. i had 0 investment in any of the characters or story and i just didn't care. the setting was really interesting at first until it went into the boring and cliche "evil religion + racism" stuff, after which my eyes were locked in a state of permanent rolling. sky hooks are cool though

wait a minute that card

Yeah, too bad the game underperformed commercially. It was released the same week as Battlefield and CoD.

It's okay but it's a huge disappointment compared to what they were apparently trying to make originally. God watching those trailers and then seeing what we ended up with was fucking awful. Shit felt so gutted.

Garbage dynamic gunplay-focused shitfest that completely missed everything that makes Bioshock great. Let's talk about a good game instead.

> soon turning half a decade
>half a decade
>half
> 5 = 0.5 x 10

So can anyone actually explain to me what the story actually is?

Based spergburglar.

>the dust has finally settled
>finally
The dust settled years ago: It's a mediocre shooter with a bad-mediocre plot.

You could upgrade your skills in System Shock 1 by finding different versions of chips.

Good graffix, bad game.

Also the worst combat music this decade.

>play on 1999 mode
>want to keep music on for immershun
>some retard starts drumming on violins every time a fight breaks out
>for however long the combat lasts

Impossible. There are infinite realities, yet somehow disney princess kills captain retard in every version possible to prevent some white people from living in a floating city and I guess some shitty lame attack on New York city.

Decent

the good
>Narrative was actually good despite what Sup Forums says
>The levels were well made and the mobility the game gave you made them even better
>Those mini bosses were pretty fun but not as much as Big Daddy
>Overall powers were cool but they could have been a little more interesting too

The bad
>Bullet sponge enemies
>The one stupid repeating boss fight
>The last level where you don't even fight the songbird
>Liz feels very "video gamey" when she was advertised as this smart AI

It's an above average game and I definitely think it's worth a playthrough I enjoyed it at least

Elizabeth's ability to summon shit should have been a plasmid.
Prove me wrong.

Loved the art direction and soundtrack.
Gameplay was decent and story was quite engaging, though the epic tweest at the end was a load of bullshit.

Reminder that the hate for this game only started when butthurt Sup Forumscancer started shitposting about it during the last election because they were butthurt by the anti-racism message.

>Narrative was actually good despite what Sup Forums says

You're going to sit down and explain to me how the entire Chen Lin subplot isn't completely retarded

cool setting and designs and high production value but it's really just a rooty tooty point and shooty game
bioshock kind of missed the point in some ways as well, instead of creating a large interconnected game world they went with a bunch of strung out semi-open ended levels