Transistor

Currently playing this game.
Music is good. But something is off about this game. Dunno what.

Can you go back to areas you missed? I fucking hate if you go to an area to explore, but can't go back because it happens to be the main route. HOW CAN I KNOW THIS BEFORE GOING THERE?

I don't think so, no.

[spolier]transistor = trans-sister. The protag is transgender

No you can't. You won't be missing any critical story or items though. Everything optional is lore building dialogue or optional combat.
fuck off, idiot.

Really liked Transistor, but I thought a few elements of the story were too ambiguous for its own good.

Such as? I thought it was pretty clear in most cases.

>Can you go back to areas you missed?
No but there's nothing to collect so it doesn't matter.
Not to brag but did anybody else find it really easy to figure out broken chip combos?
Dash is fucking broken AF.

Like what the fuck the enemies actually were and what the fuck happened before the game started with all the bosses

Nah but the ng+ is dynamite so don't sweat it my friend

i dont think this game is for everyone
to play this game like its mean to be, you must have loved someone outside of your family at least one
then everything will make sense
i miss you

Thought the game was good and the music was god tier but the story was too 2deep4u for its own good and it's so easy to break the combat it's not even funny. Even then though, the sheer number of cool as fuck combinations you can come up with later on with all the weapons you collect is crazy.

Transistor is a great game, just like Bastion and unlike Pyre. That game is so tedious.

>broken chip combos
I'm interested.
But maybe I should discover it myself? I'm still not through.

Can you actually make dumb choices by leveling up and choosing a shit skill?

The nature of the transistor and the city they're in was left kind of ambiguous. And the country, is it land set apart from the city's technology? Is it death? Is the city itself a virtual world? Why didn't Red's lover want her to stab herself in the end? Did they enter a virtual world within a virtual world?

I was really disappointed by Pyre, I really tried to get into it but instead of just making a good game it felt like Supergiant just tried to smash a few genres together so the game stuck out. The game is beautiful and the music is great but the gameplay just wasn't that interesting to me.

If you payed attention to the dialogue, skill lore and visual story telling you'd know. I'll spoonfeed you because I'm bored.

>Camerata are a group of high ranking people in Cloudbank
>Sybil, the "Eyes and Ears" of the Camerata. She's the social butterfly. It's inferred she's infatuated with Red
>Grant, the Admin of Cloudbank
>Asher, lover to Grant, he's an editor for the "newspaper" of cloudbank
>And Royce, the engineer of the transistor

>They're sick of cloudbank changing all the time at the whims of the people. They want stability and consistency
>The process are just that. Processes. They are the "code" of cloudbank, that work to change everything and keep everything going.
>The Transistor controls the process. It might be implied the process existed before the Transistor, but I'm not sure.
>Camerata start a plan to absorb all the influential people of cloudbank into the transistor. They do this to remove "competition" for influence
>They go to absorb Red, but her bodyguard/lover takes the hit
>Instead of absorbing him, something goes wrong, and his essence is corrupted
>He somehow transfers ownership of the transistor to Red

>The process is no longer under the control of the transistor due to this admin change, and it being out of its slot for too long

>Game happens

I don't recall it really being about set skill branches. It was more about playing around with different skill combinations and mixing and matching different sets of abilities that you learn as you progress.

The nature of the world is intentionally ambiguous, but I think the general consensus is that it's a society living in a post "technological singularity", where organic and tech is a blurred line.

Because he wanted her to live a normal life after saving cloudbank, and he probably thought she wouldn't be able to join him

Not really. You can get all of them near the end of the game if you fought all the combat scenarios and used limiters.

>he wanted her to live a normal life after saving cloudbank
Was there much of a normal life left to live? I kind of assumed that Red was the last survivor.

the second transistor

having 2 camarata kill themselves

red killing herself seems too drastic since it could still recreate shit

They're both inside the transistor at that point, they're simply both utilising its abilities

Grant felt responsible for all the deaths of cloudbank. Asher killed himself because he couldn't live without Grant

dunno lol

Red tried recreating her BF at the end and killed herself when she realised that it didn't work