Just over an hour to go till the Splatfest

>Just over an hour to go till the Splatfest
>no thread
What the fuck is wrong with Sup Forums?
Splatoon 2/Splatfest thread. PIck a side.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/XFsur5
discord.gg/DNcGXh
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why are they both fucking pissed

Is that shit today?

Kids are ungrateful shits that don't understand comfy.

because they're both shitty gifts

It's a "crappy Christmas gifts" theme. The squids are not pleased with what they got.

1 hour boii

Honestly the theme is so dumb that I don't think many people care.

Why do people always make splatfests about the girls instead of the topic.

Jesus fuck, I haven't touched Splatoon 2 for months. I can't bring myself to play it without a TV though.

Going for Team Sweater because Pearlfag. Do people even play this game anymore? I've noticed less people around me giving a shit about it despite all of the updates

I only vote for my waifu if I sincerely give zero shits about the two sides

This exactly, it's like they let NOE choose the topic for everyone this time around.

That's unfair

splatfest talk

Am I the only one who gets excited for 24 hours of dedicated competition and a good amount of Snails if you hit King/Queen?

>Octivus morning

Can't argue with that. Reindeers vs Elves would be a cooler theme I bet, and I just pulled that out of my ass 5 seconds ago.

It depends. This month's topic is rather dull so it's best to make it about the girls this time around.

Is it me or are Pearl's facial expressions becoming cuter?

how do i get good at this game?

Turf War or ranked?

slowly getting a bit more octo lore

I originally thought you'd be choosing the side you thought was worst but it's actually the side you think is least worst.

turf war, too scared to go into ranked, plus im not even level 10 yet

Lame ass theme, I picked socks because they're comfier.

I'm still pretty new but it seems like flanking is really key in this game. Ink a wall up and swim up it to get the jump on some niggas.

by trying and failing until you get good
and hoping for a decent team

This. There's so many fucking things they could pick from that'd be awesome to see but they always go with something that's either really boring or just fucking dumb.

try to find a weapon the suits your playstyle
try out things in turf war. you have nothing to lose there
focus on learning quick movement and spreading ink to make that possible

If you don't use motion controls, you're a faggot. Learn how to use them ASAP; they're objectively the superior way to play

Learn how to spread your ink and move around the map as efficiently as possible

Learn when it's better to stand your ground and when it's better to move. Depending on your weapon, running away is a valid playstyle as long as you can paint more floor

considering you start at the lowest rank. you have nothing important to lose in ranked
so. no reason to be scared of trying it

you can take it as seriously as you want or just don't care about rank to just enjoyb the game modes

I tried to go along with my favorite, but when I see 75% of all my friends going with sweater, you bet your ass I'm going to be contrarian and pick Marina.

paint as much of the ground as possible

If anyone is looking for people to play with

discord.gg/XFsur5

discord.gg/DNcGXh

will be nice to see the squid sisters and off the hook in the february concert together
hope they have some banter with each other too

Reminder that goofy socks are awesome.
Shitty sweaters get stuffed in a closet and never worn, but you can wear out shitty socks by using them around the house and get a good chuckle in the process.

>Socks
>Shitty gift
Little shits don't know it saves them money down the road not replacing them in the middle of the year

I hope they announce Off the Hook amiibos
Also let's not forget that Vers. 2.2.0 is coming next month!

Pray to based Great Zapfish every day that, some day, you will get good teammates and be able to break out of the forced 50%

If you didn't pick sweater you're not effay.

Pearl and Marina Amiibo are inevitable. If they do what Callie and Marie's figures did (unlock a sound test and simulate the Splatfest plaza in the wake of Splatfests being cancelled), I'd hope they wouldn't release them for a while. Any word on what Version 2.2.0 will bring?

No clue, but we know we're getting that new museum stage in Jan. My guess is new music or Salmon Run changes

>What the fuck is wrong with Sup Forums?

Nobody plays it in NA.

Paint the walls. People always miss inking those for some reason.

You gonna wear christmas socks to work?

they promised a year of support
two years of splatfests
and are now looking to increase support time and add more stuff. so it might take a while.

would probably get the pearl and marina amiibo when they do arrive though

oh yeah. another update in january
not expecting the biggest additions

no octolings ever playable

Wow shit, thanks for the reminder. I totally forgot.

Inkling boys a cute!

High end socks, especially wool ones, are magical even in boots. Haven't got a good sweater yet but I live in the sub-tropics.

its the allure of a mature woman

Splatfests are the same damn thing over and over again and only use the most boring, bland mode.
The shitty online in general never fails to piss me off.

I love the core gameplay of Splatoon, but goddamn. Nintendo needs to get their shit together when it comes to online services. Its disgusting they want to charge for this.

Gyro.

Pay attention to the ink on the floor, as that's what determines movement options players have available.

the reaction to the off the hook age reveal was quite amusing

I'm not even sure if I'm going to play this. I'm tired of Splatoon 2 and I've barely played it. Might get to 2nd highest rank and stop.