Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jYNeGqp20uQ
youtube.com/watch?v=zS5XZkKUhFo
youtube.com/watch?v=SLO5hot6pSo
strawpoll.com/h578sk14
youtu.be/M7HCKwKsobI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

that's not III

Truly the worst Castlemania of our time.

I agree

I 100% it on a GBA emulator on my wii. comfy as fuck

What the fuck, OP? Where's the goddamn skelly?

Sequel was better desu. Only flaw was the shitty artstyle

>not my Skelly's son.

I am not a marathon gamer. Even with games I like, I'll play it 1-2 hours at a time. I've practically always done this.

The first time I played AoS, I played 7 hours straight before I realized the time had gone. Definitely the best one on the GBA, and in my personal top 5 for the series.

I spent a month tracking down a copy of Dawn in 2006. That was a mistake. It's inferior to Aria in every way it could be.

>Overall weaker castle design and the fucking terrible weapon crafting system.

nah

Man those are some washed-out colors

Anybody here play Castlevania: Curse of Darkness?

>playing games
>Sup Forums

Underrated as fuck game imo

>Curse of Darkness
literally the CoD of Castlevanias

youtube.com/watch?v=jYNeGqp20uQ
youtube.com/watch?v=zS5XZkKUhFo
youtube.com/watch?v=SLO5hot6pSo

I want this to be good.

>greatest
>no Dracula X ("vampire's kiss" in yuropoorland)

Yeah, it was pretty cool.

Is that the 3D monster raising one? That game is the shit, I should play it again

Funny. That sure doesn't look like symphony of the night.

Big mistake not making them exploration games. Imagine a big castle. Instead CoD is just running on some big linear path.

Thats not Order of Eclesia.

Yeah, but I think the root problem is the movement speed. If they'd made it more exploration based as it is, the extra backtracking that'd be required would be a major slog to get through with how unbearably slow Hector runs. For a game that came out two years after Lament of Innocence, I have to wonder why they kept the slow movement and incredibly stiff jumping from that game. Lament of Innocence, as a more action-oriented game, did well enough with its controls, but they really didn't serve Curse of Darkness well. If they'd actually improved the controls to be faster and more fluid, the linearity would've been a much bigger flaw than it is now. It seems the only thing they improved in CoD over LoI was the camera, and even that was a minor improvement at best.

>shitty weapon crafting system
>touchscreen gimmicks
nah
AoS is the SotN formula perfected

AoS has a lot of replayability, and the randomizer makes it better.

Yeah, it was great

Ludovania

Yeah, it's one of the most boring games I've ever played.

Choose
strawpoll.com/h578sk14

Why do people hate the anime style for this but give Rondo of Blood a pass?

I don't hate it.

The first are is encompassed by fog.

because Rondo actually looks good and wasn't held back by handheld graphics.

SOTN fags. I thought the anime style was good for both games and makes sense for the series. Jonathan and Charlotte for example look fucking stupid in the Kojima artstyle in Harmony of Despair.

No they don't

They use the same sprites.

My favorites were always Leon and Juste. Voted for Leon.

>pic

Where's my nigga Old Axe Armor?

Order of Ecclesia and Circle of the Moon are best for me
>actually hard
>fun to explore the castle for items that is not a useless soul or 500G bag
>has better soundtracks

Collecting the cards in Circle of the Moon is shit and unfair.

how so?

Time to post my idea for a new CV:

>2D metroidvania.
>Takes place in 80's.
>Play as a 20-something knight in training. (Can play as male or female)
>Start with sword and shield.
>Gain access to other weapons like lances, battle axes, crossbows, war hammers, ball and chain, etc.
>Weapon upgrade system like Monster Hunter that requires enemy scraps.
>Special moves like Richter in SotN and Julius in DoS are unlockable via quests.
>Have quests and different towns and cities.
>Fight monsters in abandoned factories, old manors/castles, forests, and caves across Europe.
>Map system like OoE.
>Night and day system like Simon's Quest without a text box.
>Half-way through game, starting home/base is destroyed by Dracula cult.
>Fight semi-revived Dracula in an unwinnable battle.
>Get recruited into vampire hunter clan.
>Meet Alucard and child Julius.
>Keep doing quests.
>Start fighting Dracula cult.
>Fully revived Dracula destroys vampire hunter hideout.
>Gain access to Vampire Killer.
>Unlock Dracula's Castle.
>It's basically a remix of every castle in the past.
>Superbosses include: Carmilla, Ancient Axe Armor, Golden Skeleton, Orlock, Galamoth, Death rematch, and Whip's Memory (this unlocks final upgrade of VK and is a fight between every Belmont with awesome music for each one)
>After beating Dracula, Julius comes to congratulate you and a dying Dracula attacks him.
>Your character takes the hit and dies mortally wounded.
>Ending see older Julius at your grave vowing he'll end it.

>Sequel is 1999 game.

D metroidvania.
into the trash it goes

I was really impressed by it. The stealing gimmick was really fun and the music was phenomenal.

It's pretty good

You're boring

I haven't played it in year, but remember one of the Demon enemies that's pretty tough having to drop one and another in the "gauntlet" area that you get one chance at.

Yeah cool game, shame about the walking speed though, always wished for a dash or something (riding a familiar would have been perfect)

Almost.
Dawn of Sorrow is objectively better in every way (except for the dumb touchscreen gimmick).

youtu.be/M7HCKwKsobI

My bad user

>another in the "gauntlet" area that you get one chance at.
If you don't leave the battle arena after the end and go back in the exit, all of the doors are open and you can go back to the White Armors to farm for their card, so it's not quite that bad.

What? There's plenty of shit to backtrack to and discover in that game.

I did this a year or so ago

Anyone else still play Harmony of Despair?

i never had a 360.

I tried and found 3 chinks that did 30000 damage
It was long ago maybe its not only overleveled people there, wasnt there a skill level chooser in queue

Yeah, got a friend to download it and we had a great time
He got banned today

I played online on a cfw ps3 and im ok, he didnt look up any tutorial how to go online safer?

SoTN was good, but it was easy as fuck.

Aria of Sorrow is my favorite (partly because it was my first), but that doesn't mean it doesn't have flaws.

In particular, 80% of the souls are absolute garbage. Also, the game is way, way too easy. Like, I think it may be the easiest game in the series.

That said, the Julius Belmont fight is one of the best, if not THE best fight in the entire series.

I'm not really sure how he got b&, not that it matters much now, i'm helping him look for a way to unban himself without buying an ID

Well if his id is banned only thing he can do is replace it right? Also did you check if its not only a user in ps3 and account in ps3 ban

>julius is winning
Surprisingly good taste, guys.

What I like about AoS is its elemental systems. Elemental weapons actually have use compared to other games (like CotM who doesn't even have it, fire whip only adds flat damage to your attack).
I forgot whether DoS has it or not. But even if it has, it was ruined by the OPness of Throwing Sickles + skelerang soul for two third of the game.

God I love Soma's design, one of my favourites desu.

Well, yeah
But to replace an ID you need to buy a new one
What do you mean an user ban? You mean the account? Because that's banned too

>fucking bell bottoms

I just heard sometimes sony bans only the psn account and sometimes both id and acc

You are too much of a brainlet to understand the style of 2035 desu

kek, that actually looks fitting

Once I'm done Xenoblade, this one is next on my list (then dawn of sorrow and the rest of the DS games.)

I'm excited. Especially to see how it fares against the other two.

Oh, yeah
He got banned in both i think, he'll probably will have to buy an ID
Thing he probably won't do, which means i'm left without anyone to play Castlemania

gtfo

uhh, that would be rose garden

The art style isn't bad in DoS, but it is way better in Aria. This is not a matter of opinion, user. I'm sorry.

The only bad part about these games were the smol little sprites, it just looks bad proportionally

Are servers still up for this thing?

I wanna play this shit so badly. Preferably with my pals, but I'll play either way.

Yeah it still is

Yeah of course

Big fan of classicvanias but the only metroidvania I played is AoS. I have beat it three times, fucking loved it. Other then SotN obviously what other ones should I look into?

all

IV is fucking great, obviously is not a Metroidvania but give it a shot. As well as Rondo of Blood

Yeah forgot what I said.

What this lil nig said. Just stay away from the reboots

Somewhere in my top ten favorite games of all time. I've beaten it to death and it still hasn't gotten old.

Julius Belmont best Belmont. Where the fuck is my Castlevania game set in 1999?

Alright, I always see people argue between them with only AoS being the one to receive near universal praise. Maybe I'll try SotN or CotM next.

HYDRO STORM

obviously these types of things are meant to create unique play throughs in the first place, but couldn't you cool your autism just to complete the game at that point?

i replayed it just this year and not being an over powered half-vampire is refeshing

underrated

I thought portrait of ruin and Dawn were fantastic, underrated going by the tone of this thread.

You know it wouldn't live up to the hype

>castlekino thread at 3 am
nigga, there's proabably only 49 posters awake for this entire board

I never finished a Castlevania game, I know symphony of the Night and Aria of Sorrow are some of those considered great, but how should one go? (I don't of course intend to play them all, especially that shitty simon quest which I tried years ago)

>I don't of course intend to play them all
Yeah, you should get out first

If you're more into hard platformers, play the classic ones. If you're more into exploration and lite rpg elements, definitely go for the metroidvanias. For the latter, I'd recommend AoS > DoS > SotN > OoE and then either PoR or CotM.

Yeah and most have good taste in being here

NEVER fucking post this again