strawpoll.me/14631300
youtube.com/watch?v=aIvaL9rXUA0
youtube.com/watch?v=w_jmCIcvDH8
youtube.com/watch?v=dvUh0vmN960
youtube.com/watch?v=SRdFVGo1EZM
youtube.com/watch?v=4oCTru2Uim0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah a couple people I know own cabs. Not my favorite konami game

Yep - ecept my PS2 dance pad shitted out on me years ago. i now have to play stepmania with a USB dance pad, gets the job done but i miss the games original UI and feel...

...also it sucks whenever I go to an arcade and all they have is Pump it Up machines with those goddamn diagonal arrows.

All the time back in high school/early college.

i fucking love DDR. Waiting for impulse platforms to release their fucking pad just to play DDR data.

Too bad their not making their pad compatible with the PS2, otherwise I'd be playing DDR Extreme (JP) too. I'm not good at DDR compared to Pop'n though, but I like it more. What's your favorite console port?

>their

fuck no, that kind of games were too normie for me

*they're
i fuck up with contractions when typing fast, sorry. I know the difference between they're and their, I swear.

>bemani being caleld "normie" in a world that has guitar hero

DDR is the most normie of the bemani titles in the west

...and? why do you care about popularity?
Do you want us to talk about Reflec Beat or Dance Evolution?

Yes, which is still less normie than basically every other rhythm game available in the west

Well maybe. Reflec beat is neat. Anyways I wasn' the user who called them too normie in the first place, just saying he has a point with that one

That's like saying VNs are more normie than shmups, they're both niche as shit.

IIDX is rhythm game kino, I highly recommend giving it a shot if you're interested in these games and you get a chance

twodicks is my side rhythm game when I'm not playing DDR. IIDX is the most consistent bemani series (didn't go through huge slumps like DDR and Pop'n), and probably objectively the best. I still prefer DDR tho. I want to buy a dao controller too...

>I want to buy a virgoo
>it's $400 USD shipped

What's the trick to finding stepmania tracks that are actually performable on a dance pad?

I feel like everything I find is full of bullshit that needs all 8 fingers firing at full power nonstop.

We have an arcade in our mall and it has DDR Supernova. I'm at the point where I play on expert and I'm trying to break into the level 9 songs, but my brain doesn't process fast enough and it makes me sad that I'm so out of shape compared to when I was in high school.

Who hasn't?

I had one of those dance mats.
I got rid of it eventually though because it took up so much space and wasn't as fun at home.

I had a fabric one that you could fold up to be about the size of the playstation itself. The buttons inside drifted off center and I had to cut it open, realign everything, and sew it back up, but it lasted me like 5 years.

I play stepmania with a keyboard

>have a friend who sent his FULL SIZED MACHINE to the dump just because one pad was wonky and he was moving and didn't want it anymore
wasteful cunt. supernova 2 if I recall correctly

I used to play at challenge level all day god damn it. Now I'm winded after one Hard song. I need a decent mat. I bought two recently but I swear they're unresponsive half the time.

SMILE DEE KAY

aiaiai

I miss applemilk emily.

Raise your speed mod. Reading is a skill and to train it properly you should let the notes come down as fast as you can read them. At certain bpms/note densities your efficiency at reading will go to the shitter if all you see is a wall of arrows.

Despite being quite short I was one of the better players in the area. Our arcade was the first in the nation to get a DDR Extreme machine so we were hot shit. Best I ever got to was AA on Paranoia Survivor MAX.

Good advice, I play nearly everything on 2x, some rare ones like the Max songs I'll go down to 1.5x.

I played it a shit ton when I was a young teen. Heavy all the way.

>Cannon Ballers releasing in just under a week
Get fucking hype

youtube.com/watch?v=6ywGUW9YK-w
please hook me up to my lover at the end of the line

either there was far more than one "wonky" pad wrong with it or this didn't happen

you can easily sell a beat up machine for 500-1000 burgers with PICK UP ONLY on ebay/facebook/craigslist. people will drive a couple states to pick one up. i've done it. i've picked up 3 DDR machines and none were in the city they live in

this shit version was my first mix, it's the worst DDR version of all except maybe the GB/mobile ones if they count

youtube.com/watch?v=4g2_cL3xNGA
Quick, post the best DDR songs ever.

youtube.com/watch?v=7vsb01aeknk
>That fucking weeb that would pick Daikenkai three times in a row
Never have a wanted to beat up another nerd so much.

ITS A BEAUTIFUL NIGHT, WHY DONT YOU TAKE IT FROM ME, ITS A BEAUTIFUL NIGHT, CMON AND BREAK IT ON DOWN

youtube.com/watch?v=85S8OJvBdd8

DDR 5th mix song? A man after my own heart

CHOOSE YOUR CHARACTER

youtube.com/watch?v=eqoTLKy-_yU

ROBO 2000, all day every day.

Healing Vision is where its at mayne

youtube.com/watch?v=988dYguw0zk

>playing anyone other than Yuni
It's like you don't want to enjoy the game while looking at cute underaged pantsu. Fuck later Yuni designs tho, they ruined her.

>Not Angelic Mix
That was the song to impress your friends to.

youtube.com/watch?v=bn2usIcB6So
I'll do you one better with the Angelic Mix. Better song and the step pattern was dope
>That pause that always made people go crazy watching

>Round 1 fucking sucks and probably won't have it updated right away since it's got new hardware
>even if it is, their maintenance is trash and at least one switch will be misfiring as always
Kinda hyped! But not really!

>It's like you don't want to enjoy the game while looking at cute underaged pantsu
And why would I want to do that?

At least the new songs will be put on Youtube

most honest reply I've ever seen on Sup Forums

You and I are of a kind. In another life I might have called you, my nigga.

I want to play StepMania with a dance pad. How do these USB dance pads work? Do you just plug them in or do you need to download a driver an map the buttons?

Real 10/10 jam right here
youtube.com/watch?v=AMAyJ5EvLRg

>found a staple in mine the hard way

It's a standard USB controller. If you mount it to something hard like a piece of plywood it will be usable but not great.

This was my go to freestyle song, back when freestyle tournaments were a thing. Fucking love it.

that's the best final boss song imo. I like this mix someone did.

youtube.com/watch?v=V8SSQ3b5mIY

>final boss song
Maybe as you're learning. My go to "crowd pleaser" song was Maxx Unlimited because it sounded mean, was very fast, and yet had a lot of neat technical bits like the slowdowns that even the uninitiated could tell were cool.
youtube.com/watch?v=2kZegt4mYck

In full force in her vagina, ass and mouth

Step pattern and stuff was better, especially to " impress your friends" to

But the version I linked is superior musically, and to listen to, fuck you heathens!

strawpoll.me/14631300

There's only one all important question we need to settle in this thread.

>using the bar
>ever
fucking casuals

>tfw your younger self found out about Pop'n Music and Guitar/Drummania from DDR Extreme's playlists

If it's there, I'm gonna use it.

Can't forget this classic
youtube.com/watch?v=aIvaL9rXUA0

DDR5th Alice best girl

>Sota Fujimori
What a god. Still makes music today too.

>local arcade held a major tournament, $1000 top prize
>mfw they didn't tell anyone they were removing the bars before it started

>we will never get this level of quality again
God why are newest songs so underwhelming. I want to go back.

It's easy to talk about the best songs, let's talk about the worst.
youtube.com/watch?v=w_jmCIcvDH8
By a country fucking mile.

Konami know that DDR's time in the sun ended ages ago. All the quality music is on IIDX, Jubeat, Reflec Beat and Sound Voltexes now.

Always the best to finish any game, too bad they were replaced with bulshit.

The best days of DDR was when Naoki Maeda made most of the tracklists under tons of other pen names.

youtube.com/watch?v=dvUh0vmN960
Dance Rush is the new DDR.

Is stepmania still a thing?

youtube.com/watch?v=SRdFVGo1EZM
Did somebody say "pause"?

>we want the pop and lock audience
Disgusting

youtube.com/watch?v=4oCTru2Uim0

I mean the song is not the worst thing I've heard on it itself if I were to listen outside the game, but it sure as fuck was the worst 'in the zone' killer, completely killed any momentum you had, fuck.

the community is practically dead, I had to dig through webarchive to find a simfile for the Persona 3 OP. if you have any interest I would recommend getting in sooner rather than later.

It's not THAT dead though, i still getting updates of new weeb songs from fagbook fanpages.

>mfw any slow song
Fuck off game I just wanna go fast and feel the adrenalin

Lookin' in the wrong places, mate. Zenius Vanisher is the new place to go for Stepmania simfiles from DDR to ITG. It's got a slow community but it's alive.

>ITG
Oh boy, I can't wait to play another happy hardcore synth trance whatever the fuck mix.

They were the most enjoyable because they were fun play, then you where at a strugle to finish a song becouse of bulshit steps.

I was looking for older stuff, so that probably affected my perception. I did find a pretty good simfile for a remix of Burn My Dread on Zenius.

>that kid that didn't respect the quarter line
Oh he got wedgied

ITG was always discount DDR but it did some neat things with the charts sometimes. Music was a bit too much the way you put it though.

Hasn't a lot of the community moved to Osu?

It's not the same without the stylus.

I want to but the arcade got rid of it.

I was too fat for DDR ;_;

DDR is the first step to not being fat. I did it 4 times a day for several hours and lost a hundred pounds.

No such thing as being too fat for any kind of exercise. You were just scared.

Honestly, who hasn't encountered DDR and played it at least once or twice?

Actually quite literally 99% of gamers?

I'd say that arcades are still mostly a foreign concept in all but the bigger cities in first world countries. I'm a Slav who grew up in a tiny city. We had no fucking arcades let alone arcades with DDR

I always made a beeline straight for the light gun games. DDR was a normie only game.

Most people. Arcades were already rapidly disappearing in most countries 20 years ago and if you happened to visit one, you probably didn't think to play Dance Dance Revolution unless that was literally the only good thing they had.

You sound like you had a shit childhood. Arcades were fucking everywhere in seaside towns and hotels, it's only post 2000 that they started really disappearing.

>seaside towns and hotels
Yes, that's the only places where it was profitable to still have arcades, and even then they were in rapid decline. The only arcades I ever visited was when on vacation.