How the fuck do you make something so good and fuck it up halfway through? (boat section)

How the fuck do you make something so good and fuck it up halfway through? (boat section)

That's more like 80% through.

Boat is kind of near the end so it dosin't bother me to much.
Still wish the ending was better.
Glad NAH gave the game a real ending

How was it any different from the other games?
Boat [7] = lab [1] = island [4] etc.

I never understood why people disliked the island in RE4

What game are you referring to?

Never mind I miss read.

Boat section was great, I literally don't understand what the issue was. I played on Hard mode or whatever out of the gate and it was tense as fuck and just like old RE. Mines were shit though, but extremely short. I hate the RE7 meme on here (or just meme about every game being shit, really).

I didn't dislike it but I liked it the least in RE4. RE4 kind of set itself up as a spooky quiet European nowhere dump that had rabid villagers out to get you and the castle still kind of fit that theme. Then comes the island and it goes from parasites and dogs to super soldiers with mini guns and shields.

I don't think the boat ruins the game at all and I do like that's it more open but my main problem just stands from the design of the boat being boring.
Its not even a nice cruise ship its an ugly old tanker which while scary is just not all that interesting to look at.

I love the game too, but knowing Sup Forums and capcom, with the later history of resident evil games, it's just asking to be shat upon

Love it anyway

Mansion > Boat >>> Training Area > Salt Mines > Old House

I genuinely don't understand how the ship is shat on from a design perspective. It's way closer to classic RE than the sections that aren't the mansion.

Then just play the game and stop looking at the walls.

Oh ok I get it. I never really took it seriously enough to bother about it I guess.

>he hasn't taught himself how to speedrun through the ship segment

>Old House

Wait... what? While I understand it might not have good level design if you can say, the environment and atmosphere is miles, miles above mines and boat

It's like 5 rooms long on the first run, the revisit adds like 3 rooms of almost nothing to it, and fuck bees.

Dude the environment in games is important.
No one wants to play a game that's boring to look at.
RE4 would be no were as liked it was nothing but brown dull hallways.

What the fuck is wrong with the boat? It's the salt mine / last boss that is lacking.

The salt mine wasn't even bad itself either, just way too short. In VR, it was as visually stunning, atmospheric, and creepy as the rest of the game. Thankfully they gave us a proper ending with Chris's DLC.

I can do the ship under like 30 mintues now.

I just love the whole abandoned bayou shack setting to hate it
Also the bossfight with that bitch is fucking great

It's kinda sad that if you want RE7 VR you're stuck with a controller to try and aim around wasting all your ammo

Fair enough, Marguerite is the best proper boss in the game. I guess if that counts as old house territory then that puts it above the mines.

heh. 30 minutes is long considering I barely have time for vidya anymore

What are you talking about? in VR you aim with your head.

for real? That sounds weird

Its really cool in practice and adds a lot to the game.

Think of it like you're shooting with your eyes. Technically, you always point your eyes where you're aiming anyway. It works well.

Kind of funny how all the YouTubers played 7 but none have really noticed NAH

Why do you care?

probably paid streamers or somethin

it's impossible that companies are not taking advantage of the twitch trend