Alright Sup Forums since the dust has settled and Mania's hype has died down it's time to find out which of the classic...

Alright Sup Forums since the dust has settled and Mania's hype has died down it's time to find out which of the classic Sonic games final Zones is the best. I'm not including Final Zone, Egg Reverie, or Doomsday because they're too short to really count, Sonic 2s Death Egg is at least a multiple parter so it works.
strawpoll.com/5da9ge9c

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-XVJZXdM-mE&list=PL5ECAA6CAFECF729F
youtube.com/watch?v=E8DkLF0JWwc&list=PL5ECAA6CAFECF729F&index=2
youtube.com/watch?v=hWgS0Eqzo0k&index=5&list=PL5ECAA6CAFECF729F
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Death Egg Zone (Knuckles) annoys me the least so that one.

Death egg by far
I didn't like titan monarch that much it felt very on rails

Death Egg (3&K) > Titanic Monarch > Scrap Brain > Death Egg (2) > Metallic Madness

Personal taste:
Titanic Monarch > Death Egg 3&K > Metallic Madness > Scrap Brain > Death Egg 2

Titanic Monarch Act 1 is a wonderful linear challenge that is super fun to go through fast. Act 2 is cool, with how you can pick your own path and whatnot.

Death Egg 3&K is pretty good, but there's a lot of flow-stopping obstacles that make it feel inconsistent and automatic at times. Those light rings can last for a long time. Otherwise, it has some other cool setpieces, definitely not a bad level.

Metallic Madness is really annoying for those generators and can be labyrinthine in layout but it's a good final level, I'd say. US Present is best track, kiss my ass

Scrap Brain Act 1 is quite challenging, but Act 2 dials up the bullshit. Considering how janky Sonic 1 can be sometimes, with the spike glitch and ring slowdown, it can get quite frustrating at times.

Death Egg 2 is just a shitty boss gauntlet. The Death Egg Robot is a chore to take down, and if you fuck up once, it's all over.

>US Present is best track
come on user, that's just false

fuck you man, I am tired of USfags being a persecuted minority. Sure, there aren't Past tracks, so one could call it objectively inferior to JP, but that doesn't mean it's instantly shit. I love the JP soundtrack as well but I have such a fondness for the US soundtrack.

Metallic Madness US Present just sounds so fucking awesome to me, it's this ambient, cold, mechanic tune that fits perfectly for a giant, all mechanical base that is slow in terms of level pace. I love the JP Bad Future and all of the level's other themes, but I really have an appreciation for what Spencer Nilsen did with his soundtrack. It's atmospheric as fuck, and it's really impressive for what was supposedly done in less than a month.

On a related note, why does everyone gloss over Sonic the Hedgehog Boom, an album that adds extra instruments and extends some of the songs from the US soundtrack? Shit seriously is great.

youtube.com/watch?v=-XVJZXdM-mE&list=PL5ECAA6CAFECF729F

okay

t-thanks

THIS, Metallic Madness US actually fits the level unlike the JP version. The US ost deserves to get as much dick sucking as the JP with Metallic Madness and Palmtree Panic alone.

Then again, I do have bad taste considering my favorite final level is a tie between Scrap Brain and Metallic Madness.

Tidal Tempest and the special stage are literally the only tracks where the US is better. Yes, even the theme is inferior, You Can Do Anything and Cosmic Eternity both deserve more credit than what they get

desu the JP version of Metallic Madness is great because at all eras it's pushing you to go defeat eggman and it also represents the state of the zone for the individual time periods better than US, and that goes for all the zone themes.

Eggmanland

>tfw no US remixes by Tee Lopes in Sonic Mania for Stardust Speedway, Metal Sonic, and Metallic Madness

Jizz would fly out of my dick at Mach 1 if that were to happen. It's probably not Tee Lopes' kinda of music but I would love solid remixes of these tracks considering there's not much out there.

I can agree that JP is a much better representative of Sonic in general but my personal music taste makes me like US more. Sorry user

>US ost

The only good thing about Titanic Monarch is it's background.

>not a single vote for Scrap Brain

I prefer the JP/PAL soundtrack but this is pretty good
youtube.com/watch?v=E8DkLF0JWwc&list=PL5ECAA6CAFECF729F&index=2

Stardust Speedway Bad Future US is my favorite out of the US soundtrack too. The pounding guitars and the vocals in the background really make it an awesome piece of music. I'm glad it's gotten a bit of the love it deserves over the years.

Also, every time I listen to the album version, I always wonder what the fuck the guy at 1:40 is saying but it sounds pretty cool and cheesy at the same time.

what about this one?
youtube.com/watch?v=hWgS0Eqzo0k&index=5&list=PL5ECAA6CAFECF729F

Lewd as fuck, that's what it is. Good tune though. You could probably get away with playing it in the bedroom.

>Those light rings can last for a long time.
>tfw i finally realized i can just jump past all of them and the nearby springs or whatever will let me progress much faster

You also get a shit ton of rings because 3 loves rewarding you for exploratim

>tfw Mania was almost perfect

Titanic Monarch > Scrap Brain > Death Egg &K > Death Egg S2