I'm drunk and have around $200 in steambux
Convince me to buy something.

DUDE IM SO DRUNK XD

Buy all the bad rats

buy playstation

dont do it OP

xmas steam sale starts on the 22nd

cheers, i'm drinking too

Pirate everything and keep your money for Rise and Fall in two months.

buy a paradox game with all the trimmings, you'll regret it in the morning but you probably will only get a fraction of the dlc for that price anyway

Whenever we're only a couple of weeks away from a Steam sale, we get these retarded "hurr durr what should I buy today" threads.

Is it some kind of shilling?

Wait for the sale, retard.

How about you stop paying for digitally distributed games instead.
Pirates own their copy more than you do.
Valve is a cancer on PC gaming and they need to go bankrupt.
Why do people give Valve a pass?

dude beer lmao

how many times have you posted this image today?

Rimworld

beer>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>wine

DUDE

Almost

Digital distribution isn't the problem. If you download a DRM-free game, you own it just as much as you own a game you bought on a disc. The odds that you lose or damage the original disc might be more or less than the odds that you lose access to your GOG/Humble/whatever account without making a sufficiently reliable backup of your game.

You should be complaining not about digital distribution but instead about DRM, which predates digital distribution. I guarantee the majority of PC games you ever bought on physical discs used CD keys. If your game has a CD key, you own it less than you own a DRM-free digital game.

>buying video games outside of a season sale
>IM DRANK ON TEH INTERNETZ LOOL

I'm not pretending it's "cool" or trying to brag you fucking dunce, just pointing out my inhibitions are lowered.
Have one, senpai.
Cheers, bud. And yeah, it's a dipshit move but I honestly don't really give a fuck right now. I'd most likely spend multiple hours staring at the sale trying to make the most cost-effective decision instead of buying what I actually want. I'm way too indecisive and when I end up in these situations where I have spare money to spend on non-essentials it becomes a retarded burden to me.
You're paranoid, m8

fuck son

>not waiting 5 days to get the same game for like 75% less

you'll wake up tomorrow feeling like an asshole

buy more booze or something, emulate something

The winter sale is literally a week away, don't be an idiot.

>If you download a DRM-free game, you own it just as much as you own a game you bought on a disc.
No you fucking don't Steam shill, you can sell it if it is a proper physical release, good luck getting someone to pay for a used "DRM-free" digital distributed game.
>If your game has a CD key, you own it less than you own a DRM-free digital game.
Wrong again. If that CD key is soft DRM then you can sell it and the person that pays for it will be able to play it just as much as you do as long as its a single player game. For that reason there is no such thing as a "DRM free" digitally distributed game, digitally distributed games are inherently DRM.
You also didn't mention the other negatives that come with digital distribution such as DLC, micro transactions, games being released unfinished/buggy to the point of being unplayable, and as I've already stated, you don't own your copy.
Go ahead and keep defending the thing that has fucked PC gaming and made it worse for the paying customer other than "convenience".

get Nier Automata but wait for the winter sale

What about buying something for Sup Forums tards?

How long does the Winter sale usually last until? First few days of January?

bruh winter sale lasts 2 weeks. it starts next thursday.

Just pirate it.
Or you can pirate it right now.

>people who say to pirate games

what's the point when there's no cheevos? not even baiting. You're just mindlessly floating through games with no idea when you've platinumd them or anything.

Would you pirate binding of isaac rebirth and do the lost runs? whats the point?

why would he need to pirate it when he already has 200 steambux? are you an idiot?

Why do you think I'm a Steam shill when I'm talking about DRM-free games? Steam provides DRM.

And everything else in your post is wrong too.

I'm not wrong and I explained why.
>Reddit spacing
Makes sense

My favorite thing about pirates is that the ones who try to convince buyfags to stop buying games and pirate them instead are the same ones who claim that piracy doesn't affect sales.

>buyfags
>digital distribution
Pick one, you aren't buying shit, you are handing your money over and getting nothing.
I pay for games that get proper releases and pirate games that don't. I'm more than happy to pay for properly released games.

buy expedition: viking
without intending to, they managed to create a better rpg than any of the "spiritual successors" that have come out in the last ten years.
Cheers.

Steam is such complete and utter garbage.

Pirate it.

>good luck getting someone to pay for a used "DRM-free" digital distributed game.
You're right about this part, but not because there's anything to keep you from re-selling the game. It's just that people who are totally okay with copyright infringement would rather do it for free, i.e., engage in piracy, rather than paying to buy an illegal copy from you. I suppose it would be a totally legitimate transaction if you actually deleted all copies of the game except the one being sold, but you wouldn't.
>there is no such thing as a "DRM free" digitally distributed game, digitally distributed games are inherently DRM.
DRM-free digitally distributed games are anti-DRM because they make sharing a thousand times easier.
>You also didn't mention the other negatives that come with digital distribution such as DLC, micro transactions, games being released unfinished/buggy to the point of being unplayable
These are not features of digital distribution. They are features of the modern game industry. You will find DLC, microtransactions, and bugs even on games sold on discs.
>and as I've already stated, you don't own your copy.
You stated it, but you didn't defend that position sufficiently. Explain how I don't own my DRM-free copy of, say, Risk of Rain. I can create backups and install it as many times as I want. Nothing can take it away from me.

Obsidian are a bunch of faggots who haven't made a good game in more than a decade and can't publicize new games without presenting them as "the great return of the genre" even though some much more humble devs have been making better CRPGs than them while they were busy sucking AAA cock.
Fuck Obsidian and fuck their games, even New Vegas, fuck off.

>dev finally creates a fantastic game
>faggots encourage people to pirate it so the devs get less money and it seems people don't have as much interest in the game as they actually do
>dev considers it a failure when sales figures end up poor and doesn't make any more games like it

Buy me Darkest Dungeon, OP

Ruiner, Okami HD, KotOR 1 and 2, Kerbal Space Program, Ziggurat

t. poorfag

lol

>achievements
>mattering

>your post
>missing the point and changing the subject
Pick two

>DRM-free digitally distributed games are anti-DRM because they make sharing a thousand times easier.
No they aren't, you obviously don't know what DRM is.
My proper physical releases, not only can I share them just as easily once I install them, but I can sell the physical copy and still play the game that I installed from the original physical copy.
>These are not features of digital distribution.
Yes they are, the more digital distribution grows the more they happen. Gabe Newell even promoted releasing games unfinished since the devs can just update it later "thanks" to digital distribution. In that interview he even acted like being forced to release the game finished thanks to physical distribution was a bad thing.
>You stated it, but you didn't defend that position sufficiently.
Ownership implies that you can actually sell it, which as I've said and you agreed with me, you won't be able to do with a digital copy.
Yes I did. You stated you own your "DRM-free" digitally distributed game as much as I do even though I already proved its wrong since my proper physical release gives me everything you have and more and allow me to actually own it since I can sell it. I own it more than your "DRM free" copy since I'm not tied to a store to download it again after the initial download, I'm only tied to a disc that I can actually sell even after I download the game.
The pirate owns their copy more than you since they aren't tied to an online store to download the original from, so why should it be paid for when the pirate owns it more than you?
>dev creates a fantastic game
>am more than willing to pay for it but the dev only released it via digital distribution which means there is no way to own it more than the pirate so I am forced to pirate the game
>dev thinks they are entitled to being paid even though it was their choice to release it via an improper format that I am not willing to pay for

p.s. I can tell by your use of the term "proper release" (not standard terminology despite what you might think) that you're the same guy who tries to derails countless threads with this shit. Calm down. Most people don't actually plan on re-selling all the games they buy and therefore are willing to pay for a game that doesn't come encoded on a fragile plastic disc in a nice box.

lel

>not even baiting
Oh, so you're retarded then.

>Ownership implies that you can actually sell it

Well, that's one way of looking at it. I guess I just don't give a fuck because I don't sell my old games. I don't even sell the ones I dislike. Used games just aren't worth enough to justify the time and effort of selling them; it would be just as good to throw them in the trash unless they're rare collectors' items and I don't own anything like that. As for my digital games, I there are some of those which I dislike, but those ones came from cheap-ass bundles and I wouldn't give enough of a shit to sell them even if I were able to do so.

I respect your opinion but you're just so autistic about "muh proper release" that it's exhausting. All I can say at this point is that the ability to re-sell games is a meaningless distinction to people who don't habitually get rid of games after beating them. I still have every game I ever owned, with the exception of a couple which were borrowed and then never returned due to unusual circumstances.

>I'm not tied to a store to download it again after the initial download, I'm only tied to a disc that I can actually sell even after I download the game.

Okay. What if I take my DRM-free digital game and burn it to a disc? Now that download site can delete my fucking account for all I care. My game is safe unless I break the disc, which is as likely as you breaking your disc.

Basically, your one and only valid point is the ability to re-sell a store-purchased physical copy of a DRM-free game.

>not having a friend who owns it so you can just leech of his account

Are you suggesting that expedition vikings is made by obsidian?

Rimworld. It's a comfy time vampire that can be either slow going peaceful basebuilding or a murderfrenzy macro stress attack on higher difficulty.

When you buy a ticket to see a movie, comedy performance or perhaps even a gig or something, do you expect some physical token of this experience to be provided that you can then use to access the experience multiple times with at your leisure? If you do then you should petition your government to change the liscensing laws about such exchanges. You see different products are sold in different ways and none of them are "improper formats" just different products. The nature of the video game product has changed from when i remember it as a child, just as magazines dont have demo cd's in them anymore or distributors don't bother releasing those shareware disks to promote full versions.

There is absolutely no reason why buying a digital copy of something is bad. Even if you don't get to keep it forever because the steam servers might die or something and then you lose your game licence, it doesn't matter, the right to have it forever isn't what you are buying. Even when you purchased a cartridge there was no guarantee that you would always have it forever, it was dependent on how long the cartridge would last. You buy the game for as long as it lasts and the devs get money and they use money to make more games.

Pirate games if you like, but don't do it because you have "noble principles" or something, thats just silly.

If you are depressed or at least feeling down. Don't start drinking. It's just 1 more step towards your own demise and eventual suicide.

I'm saying this as someone that grew up with a happy father and saw him slowly go from a down period into a full blown depression then alcohol and eventually death.

Stop non-social drinking user.

buy something you retarded drunk.