Breath of the Wild disappointment thread

So im starting to play BotW on the Cemu on my PC and... while i am enjoying some aspects of it... it really is lackluster compared to TW3.

It feels like a dumbed down childish kids version of that game and it feels like its missing content and alot of shit was copied and pasted. (Towers, monsters, shrines.)

I'll probably finish it eventually but i seriously dont understand the ratings and reviews behind this game.

Thoughts Sup Forums?

pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Uj36pdFItB4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

shit taste

>So im starting to play BotW on the Cemu on my PC
theres your problem

what prompted you to compare zelda to the fucking witcher?

it's good bait and most of Sup Forums are retards who will fall for it
just watch

>playing at a higher resolution is a problem

I tried it on Cemu too and failed to understand how the game is fucking 10 out of 10. Its enjoyable but not that great as the reviews say.

Well, it is running at 1440p and 40-50fps. I've got a bunch of nice graphics packs installed too so yes it does look and run better compared to a switch, so i dont see the issue.

the witcher 3 does everything this game does, just better. does it not?

can you name some things that botw does better than tw3?

genuine question.

The witcher 3 shits a big pile of shit on all zelda games combined.

A lot of the ratings and reviews behind it are from the brand name only. Take away the name and you will see flaws out the ass. But no one will admit to it because 1. They paid money for it so they have an obligation to enjoy it less they realize their buyer's remorse and 2. Come on, we're talking about people who bought the switch and/or Wii U here.

>im starting to play BotW
so you have not even started it?
Anyway, as a general hater of "Ubisoft open-world survival games", I was very worried of BotW at first. For the first couple hours in fact.

All those fears vaporized away soon after. It is truly an ADVENTURE game, where the big joy and point is exploration and discovery. I'm so glad I postponed visiting the first villages for some 50+ hours; had some crazy journeys of my own.

It's enjoyable to play, enjoyable to watch and hear, and it does not patronize and limit your playing style in any way. It's a game about self-improvement and mastering systems. It practically fixes all the major, generic complaints about modern open-world games.

>the witcher 3 does everything this game does, just better. does it not?
As a huge Witcher fan, no it does not. TW2-3 were fucking trash.
Anyone claiming that there'd be "lack of content" in this game have never played the fucking game.

You are a literal underage faggot that sheeps opinions.
I never even finished the game because I didn't care about it; but because you made this thread, I can assume you're a literal beta fuck.

>pic related
spot the shill
>roll image to keep the shill thread bumped

I fucking hate this website how spread sheeted it is with new age media bullshit.

i've got about 8-9 hours in. its been an 'okay' experience so far but... nothing super enjoyable.

all im doing is running from gold dot on the map to gold dot on the map doing the occasional shrine here and there.

thats literally all this game is for the most part.

i just wish there was more.

roll images are for killing shit threads you fat tard

Here's what the modern AAA audience suffers from
>needing objective markers everywhere
>needing tracking to the quest objective
>cannot comprehend a weapon system that discourages hoarding
>cannot comprehend a non-linear narrative
>cannot use critical thinking skills due to handholding "press x to activate cutscene"
>unironically complain why mechanics that are vaguely familiar don't function like they do in their ubisoft-inspired open worlds

If you have played an open world game before BotW drops down from a 9/10 to a 5/10.

It's Nintenbros first open world borefest. It's their Skyrim.

I tried getting into it two times, played around 10 hours, did 3 of the 4 main 'temples' and sold it again. It's just so fucking boring.

The only people who I am aware of who had primarily negative things to say about the game are the shittiest, most pretentious contrarians on YouTube like Jim Sterling and Super Bunnyhop and their orbiters who hope to someday become like them

Even Angry "at Nintendo" Joe loved the game and he plays tons of AAA open-world trash and intentionally avoided the Zelda franchise because he thought it was shit.

You forgot the most important thing:

>lack of challenge

And guess what, Zelda suffers that the most. Look at the metacritic and see how even the most casual braindead idiots say they had no problem beating the game.

>muh resolution and graphics packs
>when the best version of the game in an emulator runs a speed hack to achieve the framerate they want, ruining the physics of the game that rely on 30

Oh come on, don't roll Super Bunnyhop into the same group as Jim Sterling.

Both games are a borefest. No debate here.

oh yeah another compliant, this game is so fucking easy.

i bet i could beat the whole thing on my first playthrough with no stamina or heart upgrades.

this guy gets it.

Enraged Enrico gave Skyrim and the last of us a 10/10. You can't take his opinion seriously.

I'm pretty underwhelmed by the Switch so far. Nothing but ports and the two "good" games are kinda lackluster. BotW was meh and just finished the new Mario. It's a good game but way too short.

Next on the list is Xenoblade 2. It really hope it doesn't disapoint me.

Relax dude. Game awards mean nothing.

>calling a kids game easy

A shitty 3d Zelda vs an horrible game with shitty gameplay... newsflash : both suck ass and you should go kill yourself

The fuck are you talking about retard

>Zelda
>game

>the witcher 3 does everything this game does, just better. does it not?

That's an extremely narrow-minded view. I have a lot of problems with Botw, but both games prioritize entirely different things. The only similarity is the use medieval weapons and it's open world. Witcher 3 focuses on narrative, deeper combat, and RPG elements. Zelda has a big emphasis on puzzles, experimentation, physics, and different ways of traversing the world. In Witcher 3 you're pretty much grounded and your methods of moving and interacting with the world are really limited compared to Zelda. Witcher 3 gives difficulty balance more importance while Zelda just lets you do whatever you want and is more of a sandbox type of game and doesn't care about that. It's up to the player which aspects are more important. I wish Zelda had the good enemy variety and difficulty Witcher does, although I still enjoy fighting Lynels more than anything in Witcher 3.

Can I just say thank you for making this a separate thread? I'm tired of going into discussion threads only for people who didn't like the game come in and announce it.

>just finished the new Mario.
>It's a good game but way too short.
Either you don't own a switch or you're too retarded to do the post game
Post completion with timestamp

Why is it that breath of the wild has:
>dynamic cubemaps based on terrain and solid objects updated sporadically
>dynamic per-object specular reflections for light sources updated every frame
>screenspace reflections with fresnel coefficients on shrine walls

and other AAA games just have either god awful screenspace reflections or static nintendo-64 tier fake cubemaps with single global lightsource specular reflections

He's a pretentious faggot who shills his gay little socks to fellow soyboys and is hitting his midlife crisis hard. I could be mistaken, but isn't he also the guy who tried to make MGS3 out to be some super-deep post-modernist work of art? Retards like him weren't bullied enough growing up.

I think you wouldn't know a good game if it hit you in the face

Nah, I'm the opposite. BotW does things that most open world games haven't even attempted. It excels in some areas and doesn't in others, it's a good game with it's fair share of issues.

You can only achieve higher fps through speedhacking cemu botw, which ruins the finer physics puzzles and activities in the game

Agreed. Half baked survival mechinacs, the new ass Creed has better combat, bad graphics exploration is only mediocre. The shit graphics don't help with that

if you're not playing the game at 20 fps and 600p then you're not experiencing the true version of the game that the developers wanted you to play.

I'm not a fan of doing every level again to collect some more stuff only to unlock an additional stage that wasn't good enough for the main game.

Did that for Mario 3D World and it was a huge wast of time.

I've played it at 30 and at ~45 and the physics are the same

Who the fuck hasn't played an open world game before? What a dumb analogy

People that only own Nintendo hardware probably

>i haven't played the game

>pretentious faggot who shills his gay little socks to fellow soyboys and is hitting his midlife crisis hard
alright, you're one of those people, forget I said anything

>Odyssey
>levels
Come on, dude.

what am I looking for here

BOTW can do all of that, but it can't even reach 60 FPS. Pathetic. This cinematic experience is overrated as all hell.

What you think is normal are bugs for the original

Xenoblade X came out 2 years before this.

How xenoblade x runs on cemu?

Levels, stages, worlds, places where your hat crashes, whatever it's the same shit and you know what I'm talking about.

Finally somebody else who notices every game has garbage screenspace reflections, so fucking sick of it.

>alright, you're one of those people, forget I said anything

Yes, one of those people who does not take the opinion of pretentious idiots desperate to claim that video games are deep works of art due to wanting to justify continued interest in their hobby into adulthood seriously.

Most console open worlds can't reach consistent 1080p 60fps on much superior hardware, and the best recent PC exclusives don't take advantage of that power for some reason.

nintendo makes their games for kids / a younger audience.

lots of young kids are getting the switch as a present / toy and Botw is indeed their first open world game.

notice the reflections on the water below the floating platform
they're being recalculated like every 0.5 seconds, generating a new cubemap based on the terrain and in this case the floating platform since it counts as a solid object
breath of the wild's engine allows it to dynamically reflect the terrain in every direction without relying on crutches with artifacting like SSR

contrast what happens in a game which has shitty SSR like FFXV

That's not an argument.

>nobody else is trying, so Nintendo shouldn't have to :(((

Besides, my favorite open world games get a consistent and constant 60 FPS. They sacrifice graphics, sure, but deliver far better gameplay.

>Witcher 3 focuses on narrative deeper combat

Breath of the wild is a pile of shit but the combat and the physics are the only part where it's better than the Witcher 3.

You're right, Bunnyhop's pretentiously cringe "rhyming review" video was much worse than anything Sterling ever shat out on YouTube.

Yup, FFXV is what always comes to mind. Having Noctis hold up a fish he catches and seeing the fish mirrored in the SSR is irritating as hell.

combat might be 'better' but does it matter if its so god damn easy?

The locations of Odyssey aren't a unit of completion like they are in 3D worlds.
Admit it, you outed yourself.

I mean it was clearly done as a joking way of diffusing tension with the audience who he knew would largely disagree. I don't see how this is being pretentious, is it pretentious to voice an unpopular opinion now? Is it pretentious to have a cringe sense of humor? What's pretentious about this?

Zangeki Warp is newgrounds trash

What's better? a bad combat system that's hard?
or a good combat system that's easy?

TW3 also uses SSR for water doesn't it? not as awful as FFXV

>The locations of Odyssey aren't a unit of completion
What. You have to collect X amount of moons for your hat to be ready again. What are you even trying to say?

He's pretty pretentious

Newgrounds games can at least reach 60 FPS.

Fuck off bunnyhop, you're literally trash.

Don't you have to #resist on twitter or fight for womyn rights?

Too bad about the gameplay

You just don't understand user. Odyssey transencds normal collectathon gameplay.

It actually has gameplay, unlike Breath of the Movie.

>opens sentence with "I mean"

Not the least bit surprised you're one of his audience

It's not that Nintendo shouldn't, but Nintendo can't. But to those who can, don't.
>my favorite open world games get a consistent and constant 60 FPS.
Paying for a high class rig does wonders who knew?
>but deliver far better gameplay.
cheap bait kek.

BOTW is such a wierd game.

So much detail was put into gameplay mechanics but 90% of the game is shitty open world nothingness and the remaining 10% of actual content with actual dungeons and bosses are fucking amazing.

BOTW's gameplay and mechanics are wasted on a shitty open world game.

Lmao no, return when you stop saying stupid shit

>botw
>actual dungeons

DLC dungeon is pretty good
DLC boss is best in the series

>Paying for a high class rig does wonders who knew?
Actually, it runs on a toaster. You could play it on a 300 dollar laptop if you wanted.

>cheap bait kek.
Calls it bait because he can't argue against.

I'm sorry if I don't consider sub-20 FPS content to be gameplay.

You have shit taste. This is a shit thread.

Sorry, forgot my image*

Divine Beasts. Sorry, should have been more specific.

>shitty damage sponge is the best boss in the series

do you consider suicide?

Only whenever I play a cinematic movie game.

how many zelda bosses AREN'T damage sponges?
besides the gimmick ones

monk has like 20 different attacks and can actually pose a real challenge if you don't cheese it with armor/fairies/urbosa/mipha/etc

>audience who he knew would largely disagree

Except his comments are overwhelmingly in support of the opinion that BotW is overrated tripe. It was just wankery.

see above

>Actually, it runs on a toaster. You could play it on a 300 dollar laptop if you wanted.
If you're on Sup Forums chances are you know how much juice it needs to run. Stop lying.
>Calls it bait because he can't argue against.
Call me when devs all around the world praise your gameplay and world creation kek. That's why I called it cheap bait.

it's a shitty openworld game that panders to westfags, no surprise they'd praise it on top of being a zelda game while ironically forgetting that BOTW has reskinned enemies, no iconic music and shitty dungeons

Keep playing

>stop lying
Tell you what, I'll just post the specs.

>Call me when devs all around the world praise your gameplay and world creation kek.
The same devs that argue for more diversity in games and think that gameplay is problematic? The same devs that couldn't beat Cuphead's tutorial level and rated it down for being "toxic masculinity"? The Same devs who have awarded games like Uncharted and Skyrim with the same game of the year award that Zelda got? Those devs?

>Sup Forums will never stop being butthurt and shut the fuck up about this game
we're gonna have these threads forever bois

>no iconic music
youtube.com/watch?v=Uj36pdFItB4

>it really is lackluster compared to TW3.
Nigga try harder

>Tell you what, I'll just post the specs.
I'm impressed, you have two rigs at home. This one is for work probably.
>all devs are the same, all their opinions are the same, generalizations ahoy
kek

well said.
i probably will, not because i want to, but because i want to be able to truly see how low this game gets.