Remember when Star Wars was good?

Remember when Star Wars was good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mdm8rpv045U
youtube.com/watch?v=xVEYcTyj1Do
letterboxd.com/silentdawn/film/star-wars-the-last-jedi/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes

Sure. But because it got popular you'll get a ton of people saying "no, it was always bad".

No, actually. I don't think it ever was.

Could be worse. Could be Harry Potter.

your were raven the hole time

star wars was never good

>tfw KotoR expanded the entire sith lore

and did i fine job too.

now none of it matters.

This sure were good. Big on the were.

>It got popular

What, you mean from the first film onwards?

The prequels sucked and arguably RotJ wasn't that great either.

Disliking a series that is being milked (literally) to death isn't hating it because it's popular, you absolute retard.

Nigga most of the Harry Potter 1 games are dope.

The Harry Potter video games were just as dull as the movies were. Seriously, each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though

"No!" The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

The video games were good retard. Back to /lit/ with you.

Yes, the first two movies.

KOTOR is shit, even for BioWare standards.

TIE Fighter was fucking great.

Unprovoked Bloomposting should be a bannable offence.

God bless you.

based "no" poster

>now none of it matters.

Says who? A bunch of greedy jews because they can't make money out of it?

I've been having trouble remembering those times lately

Even before that, Karpyshyn's temper-tantrum leading into TOR wasn't great.

Maybe games, but movies? Always have been garbage.

>KOTOR2 deconstructs Star Wars
>Sup Forums loves it

>TLJ deconstructs Star Wars
>Sup Forums hates it

Explain.

as in everything in life, it comes down to execution. A great idea with shit execution is, guess what, shit.

was never a fan

Star Trek and Stargate are superior

star wars is capeshit for people who dislike capeshit
it is wholly bad, 100% homosexual, only kids can see something cool in lightsabers, the force and Darth Vader

KOTOR 2 has Ithorians and TLJ does not.

>tfw unironically like SWTORs storylines

Sith Warrior best boi.

>The Stranger

Based

Doesn't star trek not even have slightly non-humanoid aliens?

>we will never have Jedi Knight III

Kyle Katarn should have been industry icon akin to Nathan Drake and shit.

It does, they just don't get much screen time.

Tholians are one example.

Never cared for the movies because I didn't see them till I was already in my 20s but I always liked the games. I used to play super star wars on snes all the time despite not having seen it.

>2003

take me back

KOTOR2 didn't have Luke Skywaler drinking green milk from a giant sloth's tits.

Same reason Ghostbusters and Suicide Squad flopped. You need more than a board of directors in fancy suits, you need some nerdy fuck with a vision and a love of Star Wars or whatever the hell he's working. I'm not saying give him free reign, that's how the prequels happened, but you still need an ideas man and someone else to refine it down into something presentable

>The game that took every single good idea from KOTOR 1 & 2 and ruined them.

>>"TLJ deconstructs Star Wars"
No, you explain.

>Atlas Shrugged
>Las Miserables
>Fucking Great Gatsby
What backwater, pseudo-intellectual from Sup Forums made this

TLJ deconstruction Star Wars was the best part of the movie. The reason TLJ sucked was that they abandoned all the concepts of deconstruction and balance during the last 30 minutes of movie and returned to the same old boring Sith leader vs Rebel leader plot.

t. brainlet

You fucking wish, Kyle is some sweaty nerd's mary sue self insert. The dudes a fucking disgrace, the entire EU is like a bad fan fiction. Lucas didn't give a fuck and let anyone make their lame-ass fantasies canon. Hes a business man who didn't give a fuck what would happen to his brand as long as he was making money.

>babies first conservative booklist
I bet your Community PolySci prof had a field day with you

god! kotor 1 and 2 were so fuckng amazing!

>take a great story with shades of gray and interesting motives
>make it a mustache-twirling snoozefest of cliches and faggotry

He's right. Twilight and instructions on putting together a TV stand are more intellectually stimulating than Atlas Shrugged and Gatsby.

go back to reading your commie manifesto, retards

You fucking secondaries are just now discovering the old games because EA throws them after you for pennies on steam. Fuck your opinion.

What are you? 12? Rebel Assault was good!

I feel like this could be double debby marketing strat, telling people they are on sale right now *wink wink*

nah 27. those games still are good.

The Poe and Rose/Finn plot lines were boring as fuck. There wasn't enough Rey/Ben/Luke shit.

Plus our boys were nowhere to be found.

I can tell you haven't read many books. I give zero fucks about communism or governance in general, but anyone thinks AS or GG are worth reading is retarded. Throw Ulysses into that pile too.

>Calling Kyle a mary sue when Rey is the literal mary sue

OH NO NO NO NO

BRUH

Star Trek
Far Scape
Firefly
Stargate
Battlestar Galatica
star wars, in that order.

Were they really not in the movie? at all? not even a fucking mention? seriously I hope recreating return of the jedi was worth the money.
Thank god Im not going to see this shitfest, they should have just done the KOTOR movies.

BRUH

Why not both? EU shit is just garbage though. Apparently Luke turns to the dark side in it or something then goes back. That just seems retarded as fuck

I don't even know who that's supposed to be / who you're talking about

The only time they're mentioned is during a flashback when Luke says that Kylo destroyed the temple and left with a handful of his apprentices

>CGI yoda looking dumb as fuck
>the day is saved by General Tumblr

Nope, not a single mention. They might not show up at all, considering the first time we see them Kylo is still wearing his helmet, he destroys it in the beginning of the film.

Are talking about that one book where alliance dudes were abducted by aliens from outside of the galaxy?

OUCH OOOF OW MU SIDES

I don't think I ever realized those were supposed to be anything other then generic empire goons

Is holding a lightsaber upside-down the same as holding a gun side-ways?

Looks stupid to me

Are they really never going to explain Snoke's backstory or how he seduced Kylo Ren? It reeks of "let's let the side material writers figure it out lmao". Also that stupid fucking alien with the glasses is a retarded plot device

Move over boys, the girls are here.

The more I look at this shit the more depressed I become, we could have had some Boba Fett vs. Knights of ren but I guess they decided not to do anything like that.

>Boba Fett vs. Knights of ren
Boba's right there

What actual reason was there for purple hair bitch to hide her plan from the crew?

Her telling them that they were going to use the escape ships to hide on a nearby moon and wait for reinforcements wouldn't have hurt. Meanwhile keeping this information secret ultimately was responsible for the deaths of like 70% of the rebel forces since

i still miss this dumb mmo i played like 6 years ago

how bad is it for a f2p player nowadays? i mean i already own the game but i don't want to pay for anything else. i just want to play through the sith warrior storyline or something like that

fuck off goobergrape

Because Finn and the chubby chink needed something to do

youtube.com/watch?v=Mdm8rpv045U

She just got control of the ship. She had to come up with a plan. Meanwhile the others make their own plan. She didnt hide shit. She just didnt tell the pilot who just got demoted and was being a pain in her ass.

>got popular
>got
Ajit Pai please get rid of these burgers

>Lord of the Rings
>shit-tier
Repent.

youtube.com/watch?v=xVEYcTyj1Do

The Exile and Kreia shit is a lie. Nope, Nihilus does exist. T3 also comes back, he's a robot and they get rebuilt a lot, suprising no one. What is this weird screencap? It's bullshit.

This just reminded me, isn't Carrie Fischer dead? Yet her character is alive in the movie. Meanwhile they kill off Luke and Hamil lives. Fuck are they doing.

Sure do.

>KOTEEE

Pretty much.
I've only ever seen knives actually wielded that way and I'm not sure even that is practical.

>The Entire EU
Are you shitting me? The Darth Vader series, and damn near 90% of the content focusing on the Empire post and pre destruction, are great. Especially when they point out that it's nonsensical to believe an entire group that has controlled the galaxy for years can only be made up of puppy kicking psychos.

You must have been listening to the movie in spanish, then. Considering all the "Knights of Ren. Hey, why is he Kylo Ren? Cause Knights of Ren." bullshit.

I love Mark, I really do, but hes butt-buddies with Lucas. It wouldn't surprise me if he thought the prequels were good movies, any decision disney would have made likely would have upset him regardless.

I don't remember any of that

Probably because all of thes nu-wars movies have been generic forgettable trash

>star wars is officially too deep for plebs

when I was a kid an old fat scary bald man with tattoos that would always talk about his time in prison told us that if we ever got into a knight fight to hold it backwards like that. I always trusted his judgment on that.

Sword though, i think 99% of people would stab themselves.

What even is the appeal? I grew up with the original movies, and i caught two of the prequels on release.
Its just a stitched together parody of greater films, packaged for children. Protagonists are all self inserts.
>inb4 hurrrr stawwar for adults
JAR JAR GODDAMN BINKS EXISTED OPEN YOUR FUCKING EYES

link to this review?

Yes, no one thought the ENTIRE empire was full of psychos either. They're space nazis, thats it, don't need a shuper shpecial previously unknown back story to tell you that. In fact I'd go as far to say that the EU ruins the magic of the original trilogy. I mean everyone flips their shit when we get shaodw of mordor but no one cares when star wars adds their own cringy demigod faggots. Oh wait I know why, its because you played jedi knight and battlefront when you were twelve.

Was Republic Commando the only SW game to have its own soundtrack that wasn't just some variation on John Williams' score?

Its actually quite simple, monster milking and super princess is so ridiculous that they reached zack snyder levels of bad.

kotor 1 and especially 2 have fantastic soundtracks that are completely indendent from williams' score

Kotor 1 was never good. People like it only because it's SW and was first real, and dumbed down, crpg consolefags got. Not a single fucking thing is good in it. People don't realize that all they like about it and this era comes from masterpice sequel not original. Even fucking Revan is Snoke tier in this bioware worst work.
Kotor is TFA of Legends.

letterboxd.com/silentdawn/film/star-wars-the-last-jedi/

>if we ever got into a knight fight to hold it backwards

In 12 Angry Men they said you'd want to hold a knife that way so that you can stab with it, that's where the effectiveness is. You don't slash with a knife, you stab

You don't stab with a lightsaber, you want to wave it through the air because it cuts through anything instantly