Dude dark souls is super easy lol

>dude dark souls is super easy lol
Okay, Sup Forums. Name some games you think are actually difficult.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XOC3vixnj_0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy

>any STG
>any fighting game
>any RTS
all you have to think about in dark souls is when to roll and attack so
>any proper action game

I don't know if IWBTG is difficult, or I just don't have the patience to autistically memorize it

The difficulty in dark souls is mostly about waiting. I wont spoonfeed you this basic concept but this idiot explains it with pretty pictures and animation somewhere in here :
youtube.com/watch?v=XOC3vixnj_0

I Wanna Be The Guy. Even Normal mode only increases the save points (and give you a bow because you're a sissy), it's still stupid hard.

>any STG
I'll give you that, but I'm not very knowledgeable about the genre.

>any fighting game
Fighting games are very difficult to master to play high level multiplayer, but the majority has very easy single player modes

>any RTS
Same as the above

IWTBG and other "kaizo" games don't really count, it's the definition of artificial difficulty by design where you have to tiptoe and memorize everything or die because of some lolsorandumb shit you couldn't have possibly predicted

Sup Forums constantly goes on about how Dark Souls is babby tier and the only example you can provide is an indie game that was designed to be as unfair as possible?

Alien Solider
FTL on Hard

>Sup Forums constantly goes on about how Dark Souls is babby tier

Stop taking everything Sup Forums says so personally.
They're basically just saying "I got gud"

Age of Empire, you vs 7 max difficulty IA in the same team.

wizardry, might and magic, ultima

Fire Emblem 6 is pretty brutal if playing on hard.
The game doesn't pull any punches and the only way to really even the score is to abuse the hard mode stat ups enemy units get when you recruit some of them.
Otherwise your army is not going to have the damage to deal with enemy reinforcements before you're overrun. God knows you won't be getting dick from leveling in this game.

>Sup Forums constantly goes on about how Dark Souls is babby tier
Those are shitposters, Sup Forums isn't a hivemind. Dark Souls isn't that hard tho, you just need to be patient.

Quake, Tribes
Monster Hunter
Nioh
Ninja Gaiden Black
XCOM UFO Defense
Jagged Alliance 2

Fuck man difficult games are the best

Fighting games, dipshit.

Everyone on Sup Forums claims to be so fucking hardcore, but you bring up a fighting game and they're all like:
>"RRREEEE MAKE IT EASIER!!! ONLY NIGGERS PLAY FIGHTING GAMES!!!"
>*Pats himself on the back for playing Dark Souls*

Let It Die

Any multiplayer game.

Are we talking about playing competitively or against the CPU??

I ask because many fighting game CPUs literally read your inputs so that's kind of the definition of artificial difficulty.

Its true that only niggers play fighting games, try worms if you want actually diffuclt game

I blame the fightan is too hard demographic on the lack of any fighting game single player that actually teaches a player how to be gud.
Some games come with a nice tutorial, but there's no game where you absolutely need to know some kind of tech to beat a midboss or you absolutely need to understand how to read a DP to not get exposed by the CPU. Either the AI cheats or it's braindead so there's no learning there.

>Paywall = Difficulty

>>any fighting game
There is actual footage of a literal baby beating the newest Street Fight.

Ninja Gaiden

>Some games come with a nice tutorial, but there's no game where you absolutely need to know some kind of tech to beat a midboss or you absolutely need to understand how to read a DP to not get exposed by the CPU. Either the AI cheats or it's braindead so there's no learning there.

That actually sounds like a really cool idea.

old school games that are less forgiving and require the same skill

There's no way to make fighting game AI good, dumbasses. A lot of fighting games is about reading and conditioning your opponent. Like grabbing them 5 times in a row then when they go to tech the grab, baiting it and destroying them. You can't do a mind game like this against an AI. It would be impossible to program in. This is why playing against AI just gives you bad habits, doesn't teach you anything that's applicable to the real game and just generally sucks.

As for a fighting game with a good tutorial, there are so many things that are impossible to learn from a text box on the screen. You can learn the basic mechanics of the game, but things like these mind games can't really be explained in a tutorial.

Video games are for kids, so none of them.

I know it's not going to happen, but that's why I'm saying there are so many people who can't into fightan. It's not something you can just grind out by beating your head against the wall until it works. You need to look shit up and play with real people often to get the hang of it and without a teacher that's going to be a pain in the ass. Not a lot of people are willing to go through all that effort.

But the hardest games are the ones that are made for kids.

That's why you can't really bring up fighting games or any kind of multiplayer game in a discussion like this. The games themselves, i.e. the single player modes, are pretty easy, and the difficulty comes from the metagame. You could have some autists playing competitive SMB with extremely complex rules and meta that would be hard to get into, that doesn't mean that the base game is that hard.

La mulana
Dodonpachi
Thunderforce iv
Every contra
Smash tv
Hollow knight
Tomb raider 3

I could go on for hours.

>this is the objective fact why it's so
>to make it simple to understand here's a video without timestamp
>posts a 30 minute Egoraptor video

You cannot be fucking serious right now, you actually think anyone is interested enough for your retarded claim to watch a 30 minute video from one of the most annoying and pretentious faggots in all of Youtube? Get real.

>and without a teacher that's going to be a pain in the ass.
>tfw I try to teach tons of people fighting games and it never works out.
OP said, "Name some games you think are actually difficult" and of course, Multiplayer games are difficult. Another human player will always provide infinitely more challenge than shitty stupid AI that's literally designed to let you win.

castlevania, megaman, legend of zelda

>Every contra
nah not really

DMC4 is the only correct answer to these threads. The skill gap is massive when you're focusing on combos and the difficulty is doubled if you want to be cuhrayzee too.

Dark souls only became popular because brainlets like you come across difficulty for the first time and got your minds blown.

The Adventures of Bayou Billy
Ninja Gaiden Black/2
Battletoads
Basically every ghosts n goblins game

Unironically uncharted 4 on crushing without lock on

This, exclude the first arcade game, the NES games and easy modes in games like Contra 4. The hard modes in Contra 3, 4 and Rebirth are leagues above Dark Souls in terms of difficulty as are Hard Corps and Shattered Soldier. Then you've got Super Contra on the hardest setting which is nuts. All Metal Slug games are harder too, even the first one.

>Dark souls only became popular because brainlets like you come across difficulty for the first time and got your minds blown.

That's not entirely true. A lot of autistic neets played Demons Souls

People thinking das is the hardest game ever wouldn't go far in any contra I played imo. (1,3,hc).

Is the game difficult?
Yes or No?

Try beating the first Devil May Cry on DMD, no items.

>being able to summon people to help you through every single hard part of the game
>"it's hard"
My 9 year old nephew beat dark souls, what's your excuse?

Baldurs gate 1

The orginal Devil may Cry, Megaman 1, suoer ghouls and ghosts

Super mario bros.

Megaman.

And from newer games: Battle Brothers

All hard as fuck.

Makes you juggle difficult platforming, combat and puzzle league, and getting good at just one isn't an option.

Name actual games, fag. I've been gaming since the NES days, I've beaten the likes of Contra and Megaman 2 as a young child, and I played Ghost & Goblins and most /vr/ games named in this thread. I still find DaS legitimately difficult. You faux-retro contrarian asswipes are the ones who spout memes instead of playing videogames.

Super C and the original Contra are extremely easy by NES standards, as are all the Megaman games. GnG (awful port tho), Ninja Gaiden (US version of 3 especially), Battletoads, Castlevania 3 US, Holy Diver, Gargoyle's Quest 2, Silver Surfer and Gimmick are on the harder end of the spectrum as far as NES games go. What you truly want is arcade games, though. Console games are generally dumbed down easy versions of the stuff available on the arcades at the time. Pick any well regarded shmup, beat 'em up or run 'n' gun game on there and they will all be harder.

botw sword trials on master mode

fucking impossible

Time Splitters 2 on hardest difficulty.

The dumb thing about DS difficulty discussion is that the game doesn't have a set difficulty like, say, a lot of retro games. You can make it completely effortless by summoning, going for an overpowered build and cheesing encounters or you can make it decently challenging by never using summons/buff items, fighting encounters head on and playing a glass canon dex character.

super meat boy

Sokoban

Can you provide the source of this?

>LE ARTIFICIAL DIFFICULTY IS LE BAD
Fuck off

SSBM

>random shit falling from the sky and killing you until you memorize it is good game design because it makes me feel hardcore and important for suffering through it

>until you memorize it
haha you wish fag, memorizing it is step 1 after that you actually have to execute the sequence of the oftentimes tricky jumps which is where the difficulty actually comes from. If you could beat kaizo mario from memorization alone then it would be piss easy

Pic related. Dark Souls is like a walk in the park compared to this

Giana sisters TD

Any gradius.

how would it be impossible? a computer can count the number of times it was punished for blocking/not blocking on wakeup. a threshold value can be set to randomly decide how much repetition it will take before it changes tactics, so players cannot assume the number of repetitions they can do
bad AI gives you bad habits, sure. that doesn't say anything about good AI. there's no actual reason why AIs can't be more like human players and there is certainly no reason it should have inhuman response time or input-reading. these are all lazy crutches that devs rely on because their target audience, the FGC, lets them get away with it

God Hand for me a few years ago.

Input reading is literally the only viable way to do fighting game AI, anything else would be insanely complex with effectively the same end result

Any multiplayer competitive game
Especially the 1v1 games, team-based games are more about luck than difficulty

Dr mario on the nindendoes

Europa Universalis starting as Mayas.

nioh

alien soldier

battletoads

So to conclude, the majority of difficult games Sup Forums can name is old (and many of them aren't even that hard, NES Contras, Megamans and Castlevanias are fairly easy and don't hold a candle to Dark Souls), indieshit or multiplayer games that are difficult because of the human factor.

Damn, I guess DaS is pretty hard by modern standards, after all.

>Tomb Raider 3
Why does the best tomb raider have to be the hardest?

Soul Calibur 3's AI forced me to learn how to block and guard impact rather than just mash my way through the game like I could in 2

Well if you arbitrarily exclude anything but western AAA trash from the "modern games" category then yes sure

Castlevania 3 fucking destroys Dark Souls in the first loop alone lol wtf are you talking about

God Hand and DMC hard modes unless you intentionally cheese them and even then that usually takes skill
Shinobi
Ghosts n Goblins

Operation flashpoint cold war crisi

Wtf man that game was unbeatable without cheats and that game was centuries ahead of its time

hollow knight ain't that hard senpai

Spelunky is a perfect example of a game with non-arificial difficulty.

>non artificial difficulty
>difficulty of a run depends on how lucky/unlucky you get

There's no luck involved except for a few bugs.

What, if anything it'd be an actual example where artificial difficulty isnt' a meme term since everything is procedurally generated

>everything
wew

Artificial difficulty is bad. What the fuck am I reading.

There's a fuck ton of luck involved, the levels can generate in such a way where a couple of drops will bring you to the exit and that's not mentioning the items. It's telling that speedrunners got their wrs purely from grinding until they get lucky item drops. Just because you can still stumble to the end with shit tier luck doesn't mean the difficulty isn't mostly luck based

How do speedruns of a game with randomly generated layouts and items show its difficulty?
In a casual play you can adapt to any run if you played the game enough.

Rain World sure was frustrating but not sure if seeing opening in a never ending wall of lizards and polyps and vultures is a skill.

you're a faggot.

OP try Dune2000(even on easy), Armored Core Last Raven, Mechwarrior4 Mercenaries (hardest difficulty), and maybe the STALKER games.
And yes Dark Souls is stupidly simple if you play to win. Even Smough and his twink bf were easy, wrecked them on the second try.

>How do speedruns of a game with randomly generated layouts and items show its difficulty?
It shows that the difficulty is so luck based that you can get amazing runs purely from getting lucky? As I've said just because you can deal with a shit hand doesn't mean the difficulty isn't luck based as fuck. It's still an objective fact that the difficulty varies wildly depending not on the player's skill but simply how the randomization treats you. If it wasn't then the whole concept of luck carrying you through the game wouldn't exist

I'm playing Nioh atm, it's easier than all the dark souls games

>It shows that the difficulty is so luck based that you can get amazing runs purely from getting lucky?
No, it shows that game is random and optimal (fast) runs require certain conditions.
If you don't have enough skill you still won't finish the game if you get the alien gun/tons of bombs/gloves/spiked shoes etc. If your skill is high enough you reliably can finish it with a bare minimum.

>No, it shows that game is random and optimal (fast) runs require certain conditions.
Yes that have nothing to do with player skill. Optimal runs are EASIER because of luck than non optimal ones instead of more difficult like in games the difficulty of which isn't luck based.
>If you don't have enough skill you still won't finish the game if you get the alien gun/tons of bombs/gloves/spiked shoes etc.
"Enough skill" sure but you can be at the same skill level and have runs where you beat the game without putting much effort and runs where you get completely destroyed just because of luck. You keep rephrasing the same shit, how does any of this deny that the game's difficulty varies wildly depending on how lucky or unlucky you are? Furthermore, explain the concept of getting carried. What is that all about?

SAM Simulator
Aurora

Super Mario World Mods
Especially if the word Bramble is involved