Switch Thread

How are you enjoying your Switch so far Sup Forums?

What are your hopes and expectations for 2018?

Will you be picking up Bayonetta 1 + 2?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-i8sWSj1ELs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

New Tales Of game being revealed in 30 minutes

I don't have Switch...

>How are you enjoying your Switch so far Sup Forums?
Love it. Though uni has kept me from playing this past week or two.
>Hopes for 2018
XX localization
>Expectations for 2018
No XX localization
>Will you be picking up Bayonetta 1 + 2?
Yes.

soon......it WILL be mine
just wish it had a miiverse

Stream link

youtube.com/watch?v=-i8sWSj1ELs

click

>all that shit in the background
Be honest, can you blame people for calling Nintendo fans manchildren?

>What are your hopes and expectations for 2018?
That the Nintenkikes die.
Why would anyone buy a pseudo physical release, where you have to download at least half of it from the internet?

Love it. Playing Zelda a whole lot. I want more zelda dlcs for 2018 and im hype for pokemon and bloodborne.

>preordered Xenoblade 2 before getting my Switch
>Switch arrived
>Xenoblade 2 still in the mail
It has been 17 days since it was dispatched so I'm losing hope.

Because people play games, not carts. Otherwise Steam would sell zero games. Also, the one that people actually want to play, Bayonetta 2, is on a cart anyway.

I bought the Odyssey bundle day 1 and have since bought:
>Fire Emblem Musou
>Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
>Disgaea 5
>Pokken Tournament DX + the Pokken controller
>Splatoon 2
>Puyo Puyo Tetris
>Xenoblade Chronicles 2 + the Pro Controller

What am I missing if im not interested in 1 2 Meme, BotW, ARMS, or Rabbids?

It's all Xenoblade and Splatoon right now with the occasional ARMS. I'll be picking up a couple of games in the eShop sale next week like Has-been Heroes and maybe Rocket League.

I do have the Bayo games on pre-order but with one being a download code and already owning both on Wii U I may not stick with it.

>mfw still have to pick up M+R, XBC2 and Bayo in a couple of months
>not to mention a number of eShop games
>can't stop playing Splatoon 2 every day

Golf Story, FAST RMX, Blaster Master Zero

Id buy Bayo 1+2 again if they bothered making a cart for each game, im already sick of games sold incomplete physically, theres no excuse for it.

I'm a bit dissapinted in how bad does Rocket League looks in some stages, in handheld and in split screen specially, but is ok if you play alone and in TV.
There are stages where they fixed the resolution in the last update.

Love it. Easily my most played gaming device at the moment. The convenience of it is brilliant.
Hoping for a 2D Zelda to be revealed year.
Probably not. Already played them.

its okay
extreme disappointment
no, cuhrayzee is a stupid genre for brainlets

The original in WiiU also had one code for Bayo1

Is there something I'm missing about the Wired Pro Controller? Surely there has to be some other flaw to it compared to the wireless one if it's going for $40 cheaper.

Iscool.

Hoping for more games and a killer reveal, really want that Pikmin 4.

I will pick up Bayonetta 3.

Multiplat with worst version on Switch.

Switch emu

>inb4 AMD Cafee can't be emulated

I had them on the Wii U. There was a disc for each game.

>How are you enjoying your switch so far
It's alright, kind of need to pick up some more games though
>Hopes
Either fzero or advance wars getting a sequel. Would also like to see golf story and fast rmx get physical releases
>Expectations
More info on Metroid, Kirby, Phoenix Wright and yoshi. One or two new first party games revealed
>Will you be getting Bayonetta
Nah, not interested in that type of game 2bh

I dunno, it might be missing the motion reader or ice cube tech?

Unless you were first world.

Europe had a physical double-pack for both games, so it's sad even Shibata hasn't done us a favour there.

Excellent way to pass time on the train.

Doesn't have to be 2018, but I want at least one Dark Souls port and one Mario Party (port or new).

Maybe. I don't much care for those games, but it seems like it'll be one of the few actual non-indie games worth owning until the library goes.

Liking it.

Pokemon switch, dragon quest builders 2 (getting it on PS4 though), and there's other games but i'm inebriated right now and can't remember

Played it on the wii u.
Bayonetta 3 on the other hand...

Slight remorse. I bout mine a few weeks ago and I love Mario and Splatoon 2, but they don't feel like enough. I already had BOTW on Wii U so that didn't help. I feel like I bought this thing too early with not enough games to interest me, though it is nice for playing in bed and taking a crap. Just seems like the next good games are too far away.

The Wired has no rumble or nfc touch point

alright nintendofagits. redpill me on portability. why the fuck should I play games anywhere other on my comfy armchair, especially when i have a cell phone to listen to music and look at memes on the bus.

Suck my dick faggot.

Have you never owned a handheld console in your life?

I got mine for flights and trips where I can't bring anything but my toaster laptop. If you barely leave the house then it's just another underpowered Nintendo machine

I still have buyer's remorse over i

>BotW
>Mario Odyssey
>Shovel Knight
>ARMS
>Splatoon 2
>Mario + Rabbids
>Mummy Demastered
>Blaster Master Zero
>Snipperclips
>Steamworld Dig 2
>Mario Kart Dx
>Sonic Mania

Any other recomendations? I'm thinking about buying Xeno2thismonth

I've only been getting physical releases for my Switch so far. If a game has the awful looking "Internet download and SD card required" label I skip it. That goes double if I can get the physical release on another system. Patches are one thing but having a billion dollar company tell me they can't afford more space on the cart for the full fucking game when Nicalis can is a joke.

Golf Story was pretty good, although buggy, as was Steamworld Dig 2.

if they make a hardware revision for the switch, what are some changes that you would like to see?

Better battery life.

Forgot Golf Story, I didn't finish it because I got Odyssey but I really enjoyed it

>Too expensive
>No Wario Ware
>No Rhythm Tengoku
>Need pro version of joy-cons with real d-pad.

Hi user. I live in NYC.
I have to ride the train to work and then back home, 5 days a week. Each of those trips take 50-60 minutes. That's about 2 hours a day.

-At first, I was a poorfag, I just sat on the train and was bored.
-Then I got a smartphone, but there's no signal on my underground trains, so it didn't help much. Some apps helped pass the time.
-Then I put music on my phone, that helped a bit.
-Just music in itself got old, so I started reading Warhammer: Horus Heresy series on my phone.
-Reading on the train got old, so I started putting movies on my phone.
-I don't care much for movies, either, so that also got old after a while.
-I got a PS Vita. Was amazing, replaying FFX / FFX-2, Racthet & Clank Trilogy, base Isaac: Rebirth, all these good games in my pocket, damn, time on the train flew by so fast.
-Vita had no games ultimately, so that didn't last very long either.
-Subbed to YouTube Red. It lets me download videos to my phone and since I'm subbed to a lot of channels but I have no time to go through my gigantic Watch Later list, so it seemed like a perfect solution.
-Watching videos got old, though, there's nothing like vidya for mental invigoration.
-Bought a Switch. Same as Vita. Best way to pass time. I just hope it won't have end the same as the Vita.

TL;DR - Books, music, videos; none of it holds a candle to vidya if you want to make commute not boring.

>Steamworld Dig 2

God, you console cucks get excited for some of the most garbage indie games, dude. Fucking Steamworld, are you serious right now? Yes, that's what I want on my brand new Switch, a Newgrounds.com flash game...

>How are you enjoying your Switch so far
Love it, got it day one and have almost every major game release. Currently playing Xenoblade 2 and the BotW DLC, though the DLC isn't that good desu
>What are your hopes and expectations for 2018
Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Kirby, VC, Monster Hunter and more 3rd party stuff
>Will you be picking up Bayonetta 1 + 2
Only 2 since I got 1 on PC

Is this sarcasm? I can't tell.

How does anyone live in cities without being murdered by niggers

No, man. I own a PS4, Switch and a PC.
When I see these garbage fucking Newgrounds-tier indie games on console stores, it's so fucking disappointing. We need actual fucking video games for console, not Steam shovelware.

Then I read these posts by cucks like you who only own one console and haven't learned from PC how fucking garbage these indie games are - you're starved into such desperation by lack of games that mother-hilariously-fucking Steamworld Fucking Digs 2 looks like a good game to you. Wipe yourself off, my man, jesus...

It's okay to have shit taste. Just don't parade it around, user. Keep it to yourself.

I think the much more relevant question is why anyone would buy a handheld console if they have no real use of the handheld feature.

Oh, right. Platform fanboys.

I bet you got into video games by first playing Bejeweled and Farmville.

Great argument
I bet you're fat! Ahah there, I got you now!

>playing vidya on your comfy armchair on your living room TV
>want to move to bed for even more comfy
>bring Switch with you

>50 minute train journey twice a month visiting friends
>bring Switch

>going to stay with parents over christmas time, massive pain in the ass to bring gaming PC with me
>bring Switch

No i want to know because im 30 miles from civilization with no transportation and im sick of having no choice but to bike said distance twice daily for a less than livable wage. However im completely frightened by not being allowed to shoot somebody that mugs me

Liking it so far. Only have three games, but they're great games. Wish the specs were a bit better, since I never use the damn thing in handheld mode I don't care about battery life.

Looking forward to Kirby and Yoshi in 2018. Fingers crossed for Animal Crossing reveal and Metroid Prime 4 trailer. Not really interested in Bayo. I don't know much about it but I don't think it's my kind of game.

That was my deduction based on your terrible tastes. How else could you enjoy such a basic bitch "hey guys, I made a video game :D" indie garbage as Steamworld Keking Digs 2?

I like it, I just have Zelda, Xenoblade, Puyo, Splatoon and ARMS. Don't really like ARMS and I can't get a good enough connection to consistently play Splatoon online since the Switch has a piece of shit wireless chip. Retro indieshit like Blaster Master Zero, Mighty Gunvolt and Shovel Knight are fun too.

More puzzle games and shmups, hopefully the next Puyo game will be announced for a 2019 release. Tetris TGM4 or a TGM collection would be a dream come true, but I don't see that happening due to Tetris licensing in the west. Animal Crossing and Pikmin 4. Megaman 11 to be good. Octopath Traveller to actually get a release date next year and for Square to announce a remake of FFIV-VI in that engine. Also, DQXI at some point would be nice, if Square even remembers that they're supposed to be making a Switch version.

If Bayo 1 was on a cart I would have.

Yes yes keep going.

Or to play games on that platform you dickhead.

This is like asking "how does anyone live out in the wilds without getting mauled by a bear?".

The answer is the fucking same. It doesn't happen often enough for it to be a sensible danger.
Also, cities are fucking cities. Don't go into a fucking alleyway after 4AM. That's about the only way you can get mugged because outside of that, the mugger would have to commit a crime with a dozen witnesses, which would be ridiculous.

But BLM is in the city
And blacks have the statistically highest violent crime rate
And they out number us...

It's never too late. No pressure

The only games I own are BotW and fire emblem musou, being a pirate all my life makes it really hard to justify buying anything without trying it first.

Skyrim is fucking awesome on switch, better than Zelda imo.

You dodged a bullet

I don't blame ya. The emulation age spoiled me too. I've come to understand that games take a huge amount of work and appreciate it more when you can see the effort put in

>Skyrim with no mods
Who would do this to themselves

Orderd mario kart 8. Should be here next week, can't wait

It's dying.

Enjoy your gacha game.

books is good...

Remember to turn off steering assist in the ingame pause menu or during kart customization (if it's on it tries hard to drive for you in turns and an antenna pokes out the back of the kart)

I'll probably enjoy it more than any of the other games out now on the system.

Is it worth wait 3 years to get an "New Switch XL + 4K Dock" and a large game library? I'm guessing the Switch will go full DS and have a bunch of versions.

I want to be able to play gamecube games on the Switch.

worried about specs in the future, we're seeing a ceiling on image quality and performance and its worrisome to me. i hope that xenoblade 2 is an outlier

for non-3d games, is an essential part of my life now

>switch wifi breaks completely
>factory reset doesn't fix
>literally can't play any game anymore since all my digital games got deleted and physical ones ask for a software update
>Go back to store
>they say they'll send it to nintendo for repairs
>it's been gone for a month now

I'm losing hope guys
What kind of shitty repair service takes over a fucking month?
I didn't even get to finish mario oddysey
I just really want to play splatoon now

Just got a Switch this week. Played a few demos and picked up XC2. I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. Waiting for Ace Attorney, Travis Strikes Again, new Tales game, Bayo 3 and Metroid.

Expensive, so I didn't get it yet.
Improved Switch, which I am hoping for.
Probably, yeah, although I might get Bayo 1 from Steam anyway.

>I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would.
That seems to be the general consensus when it comes to new users. Glad to see you're enjoying XC2 as well.

Why don't you have a gaming PC to play Skyrim on?

It's great. I got it in June, had a lot of fun even just with the 6 games I've bought so far.
Mario Party 11, Pikmin 4, Smash.
Never played them, so yeah. I'll probably get Bayonetta 3 afterwards, too.

guess what kinds of games I like the best

>wanna play XC2
>Splatfest weekend
>finals start Sunday evening for classes I have to do actually do work in to do well

Fuck this shit

>implying switch has games

You should have swapped the damn wifi module yourself. Or if you were too scared, gotten a usb to ethernet adapter.

It has more than PS3 and PS4 games combined (0 + 1) that's for sure.

>tfw just lied to Nintendo customer service about when I bought my joycons so I could get a free warranty repair
they didn't even try to double check they just took my word for it lmao

>You should have swapped the damn wifi module yourself
I've thought of that in hindsight. I didn't know how possible it was to get switch parts though.
Also yeah I don't know if I trust myself that much with electronics.

>gotten a usb to ethernet adapter
no thanks, I play my switch primarily on the go and I'm not gonna pay 50 fucking euros for only being able to connect when in docked mode.

>be American
>warranty only lasts a couple of months

In Europe, they would simply have repaired or exchanged the joycons without asking because the product hasn't been long enough on the market to lose its warranty.

well three months, but yeah it's shitty