ITT: series where each game is slightly worse than the previous one

ITT: series where each game is slightly worse than the previous one

>2
>Worse than MGS

potted the brainlet

I never played the first one, so I'm not sure about that one.

canonically or on release

>3
>Worse than MGS2

Spotted the brainlet
Another brainlet spotted.

the souls series
demon
dark
dark 2
bloodborn
dark 3
in each game that comes out they dumb down the series to make appeal for a larger audience
demon souls was a predicted fail while d3 was to be a major hit

Mafia

wrong

OP said series were each entry is slightly worse though. So the soul series doesn't fit there seeing as how DS2 is still the worst souls game by far and the fact that Demons Souls was just a Beta Build for Dark Souls.

>3
>worse than 2
potted the brainlet

Now that's the potter calling the kettle black.

2 is best, contrarian-san.

I unironically agree with Metacritic. DS2 was more consistent throughout. DS1 had some of the worst areas and bosses in the entire series after the halfway point.

Let's see...
>Story is worse than the previous entries, and the turning point for the series
>Fixed camera is a nightmare with the irregular jungle levels
>Too much menu juggling to change camo
At least the fixed the camera thing with the subsistence version, but still not a very good entry...

>DS2 was more consistent
Yeah, it was consistent in delivering the worst level design in the series and also having the least memorable bosses in the series. Only the DLC is what makes that game worthwhile.

>3
Verbose shit with good directing. 3 is unironically the worst game in the franchise, 4 was even better.

Except change "slightly worse" to "noticeably worse"

Woah woah woah. Let's be real. Riptos rage was the best spyro game by a significant margin

Saints Row 1 is crap, worse than any of the others

Dis

2 > 1 = 3

Is this some kind of joke? Burnout 1 is utter dogshit

No. It's serious. Absolutely serious. I'm sure you enjoyed Paradise city which is a fucking piece of shit.

sly cooper

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

No I didn't like Paradise even though I finished it. Burnout 3 and Revenge are obviously better than 1 and 2

Demon Souls is one of the best games in the series dont call it a beta for dark souls.

demon souls is really really bad, it has tons of annoying systems that serve no purpose while being mechanically much easier than the rest of the series

By modern standards SR1 is trash. I like 4 over 1 just because 4 is so much more fun as an actual video game. Newfags probably feel the same way about 2. I couldn't even get my gf to finish a playthrough with me.

I can't think of any. In most cases, 2 is slightly better than 1, and then 3 completely drops the ball and kills the series.
>Mass Effect
>BioShock
>Dead Space

Fable

Fuck off
2 > 3 > 1

Yet soul form and reviving still function better than hollowing and humanity stacking in dark souls. It encouraged ambushing during invasions. Dualfags had to actually put their souls up for stakes. So many more things that were done right the first time were thrown out the window. Those “annoying systems” literally encouraged more meaningful interactions between players.

Pokemon

gen 2 is objectively superior to gen 1

2 is for men.
3 is for children.

Enjoying a "racing" game with a kill cam.