Pretty much every vocation build says that you play one of the starting locations until level 10...

Pretty much every vocation build says that you play one of the starting locations until level 10, then switch to assassin or some other vocation based on what stat grows you want. But how the fuck do you stay on that track when your vocation levels up so much faster then your Real Level? I just hit level 10 but Fighter is still only level 3. I can't even buy the augments I need for this build to work properly.

Also general DD thread I guess.

levels up so much slower*

Have SEX with PAWNS

The stat groth in this game is neglectable compated to the stats from weapons and armor.
Play whatever you like, don't min max like an autist.

Playing Magick Archer fucks your growth though

So when does this game become fun? Like, consinstently? I've just gone past level 30 and I'm running cross country to kill the fucking griffin that invincibled out of the fight and it feels like a fucking waste of time. Dodging Warrior-Bandits that twoshot the party isn't fun and fighting them isn't much fun either. I mean, it works, but it feels like a retarded game of keep away.
I really want to like this game and good lord, were they ambitious. Give those guys an unlimited budget, I want to see what they can do. But right now, the game feels like a fucking singleplayer MMO with long stretches of pointless running and fucking nothing with a few moments of fun. I already fought and beat a griffin, killing chimeras and cyclopses the first two or three times was fun. But it's still mostly just running, killing endless waves of wolves, bandits and goblins and spamming the same few abilities.
So does it get better, or is this just it for the next 170 levels?

shitty gayme

Stay on what track? Just switch to whatever vocation you want to play when you reach gran soren. It takes like at least half the main game content to level your vocation level to 10 which is max btw.

Couple of important factors

1: You don't need those augments to kill the dragon
2: After you kill the dragon, the area around the dukes castle becomes filled with infinitely respawning, low XP enemies that ignore your pawns

Now the lower the XP gained, the larger the percentage of that gets used for Discipline points

So basically, if you want to min-max you need to play through to about level 100 on the recommended specs, and only farm augments when you've beaten the dragon and unlocked the respawning enemies for DCP farming

Alternatively, don't bother with any of that because the stats you'll be getting from weapons and rings will still make you more than capable of rolling over the most powerful enemies in the game

Not if you mod it, then you have fun as MA from the beginning.

Charge into Bitterblack Isle and see how far you can get. Every encounter there can be beaten at an extremely low level if you're any good at problem solving, and it makes getting through each room feel like an achievement

>The mini-games are a special thrill
wait what minigames

>pawns are completely useless

you say that, but try playing MA or MK after 100 levels of sorcerer versus 100 levels of fucking around as whatever class you please

I installed a mod that exponentially increases how much exp it takes to level up, so I can play any class I want on hard and by the time I beat bitterblack I'm still only about level 50 or so
I say give it a try

just stop trying to min max this game, it serves no purpose whatsoever especially after you get the game breaking items from bbi. just play whatever the fuck you want, you get enough levels to freely switch between every class and min maxing your stats is such a negligible difference. just have fun and play.

>Gameplay 6 vs 9.5
That's it I'm out

MINIGAMES

Added onto this: Min-Maxing your arisen is much, much less useful than Min-Maxing your pawn

You want to make your pawn attractive to the potential summoners as this will increase RC gains and possibly get you some decent bits of gear, potentially earlier than you could've hoped to gain them

Now when I say attractive, be very careful of the appearance. Don't tempt the wrath of the brine with thottery. Or elf ears

>find a great pawn, good stats, good gear, good abilities
>take it out
>super high pitched voice

fucking why, every time

>find a good looking pawn with good gear and skills
>guardian inclination

Ranger/ranger/ranger/fighter best combo.
Or alternatively ranger/ranger/ranger/ranger danger.

is there a way to get your main pawn or others to use blast arrows? I could never figure it out, tried getting them to cheese Daimon

They do use them if you do but they refuse to spam them, they just shoot one or two on occasion.

>train until level cap to get optimal stats
>Congratulations, now you get to actually play the game!

Minmaxing is dumb, especially in DD.

Especially when nothing in the vanilla game is challenging past level 50 and DD 120 or something let alone 200.

pawns dont use any special ammo in daimon's chamber unless another pawn gets possessed and even they wont spam them. in general they only use special ammo according the game's 'threat' system and when a battle gets more 'dire' (as indicated by changes in battle music) then they'll use special ammo and stuff like periapts.

more like past level 30 my nigga

I love this game to death, nothing else fills the void I have left after playing it recently, what the fuck do I play?

all I want is DD2 with a set of spear classes, red spearman, blue/red dragoon and red/yellow acrobat
is that too much to ask?
spirit lancer doesn't count because >DDO and it gets swung like a fucking sword anyway.

Really it was just stupid of them to set up permanent stat growths tied to whatever class you were playing when you leveled up and then have the stat growth spread on other classes being better for your class than the class you're playing.

Come back to grind out vocation levels once you reach end game. Without posting spoilers there's a real easy way to level them without gaining actual levels.

I want to be like the dragonforged too but apparently the fighting style died with him.

At first I loved how well-crafted the overworld was until I realized that there are only a handful dungeons you'll visit again and again and again for fetch quests.
I was overjoyed when I saw all those classes until I realized that the combat is barely above Skyrim.
Pawns are often just plain retarded jumping off cliffs or doing shit damage. Minibosses are great fighting against for the first time. Enemy variety sucks ass. Equipment is where the meat is in this game but it's stuck behind boring-ass exploration.