How are those 2017 GOTY playthroughs coming along Sup Forums...

How are those 2017 GOTY playthroughs coming along Sup Forums? Hope you're having fun with all the amazing games that came out this year!

>GOTY thread
>Doesn't include the actual GOTY

All that weaboo shut instead of RE7, Prey, Elex and Hollow Knight

Still this just goes to show 2017 was awesome

Which is???

Zelda won goty

>Danganronpa
High IQ list

This year was a blast. So many great games played, so many more still in a backlog.

I have beaten:
>Nioh
>Persona 5

Currently working on:
>.hack GU. Currently on vol 3 and got Yata

Can't play:
>Odyssey
>Xenoblade 2

Not touching:
Guilty Gear (suck at fighting games)
Danganronpa V3 (an average game with an ending that shits on the entire series, no thanks)

>Currently playing Xenoblade 2 and Nioh at the same time
>Bought Gravity Rush 2 this morning
>Stopped playing Persona 5 around 2 months ago at Futaba's Palace, still have to go back to it
>Need to finish Nier Automata Ending B
>Mario and Zelda are on hold to.
The only game I finished all year were Hollow Knight and Cuphead

OP is confirmed a massive fucking weeaboo

>No Zelda
Eat shit norman

The only games worth playing all year were Japanese

Almost like Japanese games are superior.

>GR2
Beat the first game this year, going to play this one before the servers got shut down
>Nioh
Haven't played, need to get into the Souls games first
>Nier Automata
Still need to play Drakangard and the first Nier.
>Zelda
Solid good, not my favorite Zelda though.
>P5
Played it, loved it. Great game, far better than P4, probably my GOTY
>Rev 2
Played the first Rev, not interested in this one
>Nex Machina
>Pyre
Never played
>Sonic Mania.
Played and beaten, reat shit. Best Sonic game in years
>DR3
I'm not a faggot
>Mario Odyssey
Played and beaten, great game and probably the best front-to-back game on here.
>.hack
Never played
>Xenoblade 2
Started playing it but got caught up with finals. Was fun from the bit I've played, but I can already tell it's not going to surpass XBC1.

Great year overall, lots of good games. The AAA Western industry got completely exposed for being utter shit this year in the public view, which is always a good thing.

Name one singleplayer AAA Western game that came out this year that's worth playing.

Go on, I'll wait.

Westafags should stop to plays videogames.

Have finished gravity, nioh, N:A, P5
Tell me if the others are worth

Sonic Mania was my GOTY

nier automata was such shit it doesnt even deserve game of the month

>Danganronpa where Zelda should be
Fuck outta here

These all suck except Nioh.
Haven't played Odyssey and Pyre yet.

>sonic mania
>xenoblade
>

This kills the SJW.

>white power!!!
>haha fucking white goys... Japan always win....
Make up your mind, faggots.
Name 10 western games that are always online and you can't play offline
Persona 5 has lots of micro dlcs you can buy
Yakuza uses too many reused assets although I love the games
Face it, the japanese have just as many problems as the west. They're just different problems

at least Japan does not have to worry about SJWs or trying to pander to people who don't play games

Does Nex Machina have an infinite spawn mode yet? I know the answer is no but god damn it I just want to like playing the game instead of dreading starting it up to encounter everything the exact same way every fucking time.

>stands up find
Someone kill this person please.

Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild are my number 1 & 2 this year, and I assume a lot of others have those same games in their top spots. My number 3 is a kinda weird pick, it's Doki Doki Literature Club. I'm not sure what my 4-10 are, I know the games but can't pick an order yet.

Well anyway, I forgot to say so in the first post. Thank you for putting Nex on this image and leaving Rabbids out.

But you're wrong... fujoshis...

For me, it's Breath of the Wild.

>Putting the trash that is Xenoblade 2 in before the most common GOTY choice for 2017
Contrarianism is a hell of a drug

>surprising amount of weeb trash

Which game panders to fujoshis?

Gravity Rush 2, Nier Automata, and Persona 5 are genuine GOTY contenders and weeb games.
Guilty Gear, Danganronpa, .Hack, and Xenoblade 2 aren't really much of GOTY contenders. Should be replaced with BOTW, Cuphead, Prey, and Divinity Original Sin 2 honestly.

What were your game of December?

Tales of
Persona games
Every anime adaptation game
Ever game with two male characters
Especially mgs, even though it doesn't do it intentionally, they did that in 2 with raiden. They made him the protag to appeal to younger girls.
Hell, ACE ATTORNEY.

>Name 10 western games that are always online and you can't play offline
>Destiny.
>Destiny 2.
>Hitman.
>Sea of Thieves.
>Forza 7
>For Honor
>The Division
>Steep
>Need for Speed
>The Crew
>The Crew 2
>Sim City
Plus shittons more I'm forgetting.

Nioh and XB2 are both garbage

So games no one in their right mind would play? Hitman is a lie, but most of those are bad racing games.

I didn't realize each image was GOTM at all to be honest.

Leave it blank over putting Xenoblade 2 there honestly.

Out of Xenoblade 2, Samus Returns, Fast RMX, Mario Kart 8, Ys Origin (PS4), Shadows of Valentia, Persona 5 and BotW it'll probably be Metroid. I played an unusually large amount of relevant games this year.

>Persona 5 has lots of micro dlcs you can buy
Wow I wonder which side of the industry popularized these practices to the point where nearly every game company has to implement them to remain profitable.

It really makes me think....

Wow it's almost like the Asians made random loot through microtransactions in mobile gacha games and then the west picked it up... wow....

>Zelda dlc
You really like sucking nintendo’s dick huh

>Breath of the Wild and a low rated Kirby game are my only Nintendo titles
>You sure are sucking that Nintendo cock
Take your ass devastation about BOTW elsewhere, the idorts are speaking.

>So games no one in their right mind would play?
These are some of the most popular games on the market. Millions of normies and casuals buy them every year and are significant more popular than 99% of games the Japanese industry puts out. This is what the Western AAA industry is focused on creating now, shitty always-online service games whose sole purpose is to jew consumers into continually spending money on their service in place of traditional singleplayer games. They're inherently less interesting, there's less passion behind them, and won't even be playable in 10-20 years time because of their always online nature.

I even did you a favor and excluded tons of multiplayer-centric games like Overwatch, Rainbow Six Siege, and PUBG which the West pumps out a shitton of.

>Gravity Rush 2
Platinum'd it and the DLC. Loved a lot of it but the ending and Raven's story soured it hugely.
>Nioh
I don't really like Souls games and the alpha/beta convinced me this one wouldn't change my mind.
>Nier: Automata
Waiting until its cheaper on Steam
>Persona 5
Currently playing
>Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator
I don't play fightan games
>Nex Machina
Starting it soon(tm) thanks to humble monthly surprising me with it
>Pyre
Fucking loved it
>Sonic Mania
I want to go through 1/2/3&K/CD before playing it
>Danganronpa V3
The series is dead to me after the shitty LNs and anime
>Super Mario Odyssey
Loved it, working on the post-game slowly
>.hack//G.U.
It seems interesting but I don't have time for it yet.
>Xenoblade Chronicles
Need to play 1 first and the shit handheld mode performance is putting me off it until it gets patched

sell me on Pyre. Isnt it essentially a sports game with the Oregon Trail/Banner saga "overworld"?
Was Hob only average. On my wishlist and I've heard good things.

Beaten
>re7
>Horizon
>Nier twice, youtubed last ending
>Zelda and first dlc
>Mario Odyssey, haven't collected all moons though
>prey
>Cuphead
>Yakuza 0
>Splatoon 2
>Warhammer 2 I guess counts
>Injustice and Tekken
>Cuckenstien
>AssCreed
>Call of Duty
>RE7
>Lost Legacy
Trying to beat before 2018
>Persona 5
Gave up on
>Nioh
>Divinty 2
How'd I do?

>muh gacha
Japan keeps that garbage tied to mobile shit because they know it's one of the only ways to effectively monetize that market. They have never implemented them in retail games, unlike the Western industry who are currently pushing and popularizing this cancerous practice in $60+ games as far as they can.

So please, show me a retail Japanese game with lootboxes in it. Go on, I'll wait

More like why would you pit those shitty dlcs when you can put better games

ARMS

WHITO PIGGU GO HOME

It does a fantastic job blending the sports sim and graphic adventure/visual novel sections together so they build on eachother's strengths, while also telling a really good story with a great cast and well-realised worldbuilding. The audiovisual presentation is also top notch and you can tell a fuck ton of effort and love went into it since it does absolutely absurd shit like have acoustic covers of every song in the game available via the bard party member. There's also more weighty choices and responsive consequences than to be found in it than in the majority of AAA RPGs

Its also the first sports game not based on a real world league or sport to get me invested in the in-game teams and my players.

Because that's a list of games I've played this year and I played both of the DLC's because I liked BOTW enough to want more.

When I get to The Frozen Wilds content in Horizon Zero Dawn im going to rate it and put it up there too.

pretty good, played more games than most this year

None because they're regulated as gambling in japan. Doesn't stop games from having bad microtransactions. Like mgsv

TF2 had lootboxes before mobile gacha shit was a thing. Also

>None because they're regulated as gambling in japan.
As it fucking should be.
>Doesn't stop games from having bad microtransactions. Like mgsv
And which side of the industry popularized microtransactions in retail games?

>nier

Is gravity rush any good or is just "good while PS4 exclusive"?

Yeah you pretty much got it nail on the head.
The story and characters are god tier, the visuals and music are also god tier.
The sports combat system is really unique and it's incredibly fun to play and to build your teammates in different ways. Overall though it's a weaker combat system than Transistor but stronger than Bastions. But the way that the gameplay and the story are flawlessly intertwined makes up for that fact.

It's seriously a fucking fantastic experience. Don't savescum, just take the loss if you don't beat somebody.
Also keep in mind the game softballs you the first few matches.

Gravity Rush is a game where you complete fairly simple tasks by having fun fucking around with insanely fun gravity powers. Gravity Rush 2 is the same but done bigger and better

bump

If that was true you would see Knack 2 on GOTY lists. Maybe even Everybodys Golf.

EG deserves it desu.

>gave up on DOS2
pleb

>Persona games
How can a dating sim where you play as a mary-su self-insert be fujoshi?

I don't think I played a single game that released this year.