How the fuck do I combat?

How the fuck do I combat?

>not finishing the game without any fights

Don't spam the attack buttons. Time it. Use backs step and side step

And go to old camp and to the guy near arena, train fighting skill to a new level

You will see that melee becomes a lot easier and your entire animation set is faster and more fluid as you train

Your attack animation changes after you level up your one and two handed fighting levels and, more importantly, the speed and time-window for chaining attacks increase as well. You should spend those ten points ASAP.

Also, the strategies for each enemy are a bit different but as a rule of thumb you should learn how to block if you are fighting human enemies. Takes some getting used to but you can easily defeat enemies that can one or two-shot you if you get this down.

Just got this off steam and my fps is all fucked, how do I fix it?

Get the System Pack and the Gothic Starter, there should be a guide on steam on how to do this. It will allow you to play using a normal screen resolution, draw distance, etc.

Stick with it, even if it seems clunky as fuck and not worth your time at first.
It´s worth it.

Just install systempack, worked for me bro

combat is all about rhythm in this game.

remember that the game is hard and the open world has soft restrictions by non level scaling enemies. in general, the devs dont handhold you but stupid shit gets punished. before you go fight, learn how to swing a sword, before you tackle harder enemies, find a suitable armor. as long as you are low level, find ways of succeeding with as little combat as possible.

put some effort in and once you know how this game rolls you will have TONS of fun.

in the endgame you will just wreck shit

Hold Ctrl and press W repeatedly, E and Q or A and D to do left-right swings.

git gud

>Your attack animation changes after you level up your one and two handed fighting levels and, more importantly, the speed and time-window for chaining attacks increase as well.

What other games do this

Is there a 2h teacher that I can learn from before joining any camp?

Know your limits, learn the timing, and realize you suck by design. Improving at a trainer will have a major impact on gameplay.

why would you do this to yourself?
by the time you're done finishing your swinging animation with a two-hander you're just going to get stunlocked and assraped.

train one-handed till ~40% and get twohanded when you're literally a walking ogre with strength coming out of your toes.

Been there done that. I already did all possible builds in Gothic except pure 2h, hence the question.

new camp
thorlof i think can train you but not sure

G1 you fucknugget. There are no percentages

No you cant. Fastest is new camp

You want to try again, shitter?

You cant fucking train them you get, basic 1 and 2, so you cant train to a spwcific value, only 2 times max

>left
>right
>repeat until you kill the enemy or die because your stats are too weak

Yeah you're right I just booted gothic and checked.

the controls in this game are fucking asshole. just skip it and play Gothic 2

You should skip living.

>Get the System Pack

How about you give me a fix not made by russians for once?

>how about you give me something that doesn't exist?